PDA

View Full Version : Sv650s k5 dog bones

mumija
14-02-15, 02:48 PM
I know this question is asked a lot and i have read all the threads on this form, but have not found the answear i was looking for. My sv is lowered, my dog bone is 160mm where standard is 145mm so if i understand correctly it lowered by -25mm. Iam 6'2" and after reading other threads i understand that it dosent change rider position when u jack up the bike but i need help deciding which kit should i go with +25mm or +40mm. Thank you for your help

PyroUK
14-02-15, 03:37 PM
You are a bit taller than me but standard might do you. If it's been done properly the yokes will have been dropped down the forks too so don't forget to correct that when you get the dog bones done

mumija
14-02-15, 04:19 PM
You are a bit taller than me but standard might do you. If it's been done properly the yokes will have been dropped down the forks too so don't forget to correct that when you get the dog bones done

Thanks for your reply, how would i know that the yokes and the forks has been droped down is there any standard mesurments ?

Bibio
14-02-15, 04:42 PM
yup, the caps on top of the forks are almost flush with the top yoke, if you can see any of the fork stanchion above the top yoke then the forks have been slid through.

mumija
14-02-15, 05:08 PM
yup, the caps on top of the forks are almost flush with the top yoke, if you can see any of the fork stanchion above the top yoke then the forks have been slid through.

Yah it look like there is about 1mm or less of forks exposed. Tahnk you