PDA

View Full Version : Centre stands

Trev B
15-02-15, 07:26 PM
Has anyone fitted a centre stand on an SV 650s circa 2013,and are they worth £124???

Nutsinatin
15-02-15, 07:39 PM
I haven't installed one, I did look into it for my K9 but reviews say it is a pain to use as the mount is not in a great place due to the down pipes. It's worth as much as it is useful to you, for touring it's great to adjust and lube the chain or repair punctures, and it's useful for parking on inclines; it's got the same uses at home and saves getting the paddock stand out of the shed (if you have that problem). However with my Scottoiler (other brands of chain oiler available - pick your favourite) I didn't have to lube the chain and it went thousands of miles between adjustment so didn't bother. My CBF 125 had a centre stand and I used it all the time, after riding my SV for two years a car wrote it off and I had a loan Bandit for two months which had a centre stand and I found I only used it to lube the chain once a week, which an automatic chain oiler deals with. The other use is when changing tyres, you can ride up to the shop, put it up on the centre stand and take the first wheel off, hand that over, put it back on and then repeat with the second wheel. I have the luxury of a friend with a car, so I get him to take my loose wheels and I to the tyre fitter. I ride 20,000 miles or so a year, and can live without one and don't think I'd get £124 of benefit from it, however you might. HTHs

maviczap
15-02-15, 08:09 PM
For the amount of time you really need a centrestand, buy an ABBA stand instead.

All the things ive read about these centrestands, is that its really difficult to get it onto it.

As Nuts says, buy an automatic chain oiler, which negates a lot of need for a centrestand.

A 2nd hand ABBA stand can be had for less than £100

Think mine cost £65, best investment I've probably made.