PDA

View Full Version : Whats worse

Viney
08-07-03, 11:15 AM
Who Are the worst?

Jelster
08-07-03, 11:19 AM
Mecedes Drivers... Don't they ever learn that their car is NOT 12 feet wide , and they can move over and let bikes through ???????

Slenver
08-07-03, 11:45 AM
Scooters..... I really really hate them! :evil:

Can't *any* of them ride at all? I've not been the same since that one rode into the back of me ;)

Grr.......

Warren Isaacs
08-07-03, 12:37 PM
Too many cyclists ride bikes in a dangerous state of disrepair and disobey just about every rule in the book. On top of that they pay no tax or insurance, yet still demand preferential treatment.

I work in Cambridge, so I probably see the worst of it.

I read a telling interview recently (in MAG News, I think) with a bloke from one of the cycling campaign groups. It was suggested to him that we share some common interests, insofar as we are both vulnerable road users. He utterly refused to acknowledge it. Basically, he came across as ignorant and arrogant, and sucbscribed to all the usual prejudices:

motorcycles are dangerous
motorcycle riders are risk takers
motorcyclists are NOT part of the solution to congestions
motoryclists should NEVER be allowed to use bus lanes

I'm surprised they wasted column-inches on him, but I suppose it gives us an idea of what we're up against.

Join MAG or the BMF now, before they become ex-MAG and B-ex-MF!

Cheers
Warren

Viney
08-07-03, 12:55 PM
motoryclists should NEVER be allowed to use bus lanes

Oh dear..i may have sinned ;)

Dodgy
08-07-03, 01:15 PM
You missed out Black Cabs from the list and taxi's in general.
U turns etc.etc.

Worst case ex bus driver driving BMW Cab perhaps ?

jonboy
08-07-03, 01:18 PM
I work in Cambridge, so I probably see the worst of it.

I regularly ride into Cambridge and know just what you mean. *******s all of them! Had a big argument with one the other day and if it hadn't been for the fact that I ws carrying my wife as pillion I'd have gotten off and kicked the ****e out of him.

I'm fitting new horns specifically for cyclists!

Ever fancy a ride, let me know...

Marv
08-07-03, 01:56 PM
Cyclists are usually fine. Smack heads that just happen to use an old mountain bike they nicked out of a shed to get to the pub to sell it are different.

Also these posh **** farts who cycle and think bikers are trying to kill them, I've met them and ridden with them in races and charity cycle rides etc. I talk to them and there fine, but when they find out I'm a biker they just dont get it and will never accept that we should stick together. I try my best I really do. Still I ride away wanting to stick their huge gel seat right up their ****!

I must say though it is only recently that I have changed my who attitude to the roads. I have cast aside my agressive nature and have not threatened to take anothers life for a few months now.

I even now pull over in traffic and wave through the shorts and trainers scooter boy trying desperately to insert Italjet into my **** crack!

So i say that it does not matter what people ride or drive. It just depends on if they are a complete nob head or not.

duffman
09-07-03, 04:19 PM
Can't resist - have to add my two penneth...

God dam f*&king coaches - hate them, curse them loath them :evil: :evil: :twisted: :evil:

(Breath calmly...)

Just to echo some earlier thoughts, most of the time it just depends on the driver in the car/ van, truck... but coaches have nearly killed me far too many times...

yelling at their passengers, talking on the phone, giving a toor and driving a huge vehicle.

SOrry i am calm not - :wink: I am going to lie down for a minute and then I will be fine...

Duffman

purple eyed pig
09-07-03, 06:55 PM
Scariest sight on the road - a St. John The Baptist fish on the back of a car. These people must really believe they are protected by God, 'cos they take no fookin notice of the rest of us.

weegaz22
09-07-03, 11:35 PM
its gotta be car drivers in general for me, not just when im on the bike but actually in the car, i somtimes think to myself "if i was on the sv that c*nt would have knocked me right on my ****" lane discipline in general is shoddy, roundabouts are a complete nightmare, the amount of people i have seen go straight across a 3 lane roundabout is unforgivable and when you beep the horn they just look around as if "whats wrong?"

the next time sum1 tries to knock me of the bike im taking my size 8 to their wing mirror maybe that will keep them on the look out for bikes in the future!

TGB
09-07-03, 11:54 PM
Did he say c*nt? :shock:

TGB
10-07-03, 12:22 AM
OMG he did.

Volvo drivers are things of the past (almost), they now drive big Four wheel drives, just incase it snows one day and they can't get their kids to school, or maybe have to bump up onto the grass to drop them off. Thet should be treated as BLIND, and should have a sign on the back of their vehicles saying "No hand signals, I'm busy reading my braille version of the highway code"

BMW -comes into two classes, one that bought their cars and one that were given their cars. Very hard to tell them apart apart from their driving behaviour. The ones that bought them drive like "feck I paid 27K for this thing I aint gonna scratch it" and the ones that were given it drive like "feck it ,it aint my car, how's my hair/make up, how nice of them to put a vanity mirror in the middle of the windscreen for me"

Buses- One of the highly trained drivers on our roads, almost equalling our beloved traffic police. Believe it or not they have to go through vigorous tests, and get tested very frequently, if they fail, or dent the bus, then it's time to look for a job with a private coach company or Burger King.Those guys get my respect and I regularly let them out in busy traffic.

Pushbikes- I tend to give them high repect because sure as feck they're gonna see a drain and think "feck that, I aint goin over no drain, I'll just swerve 3 ft into the road to avoid it.

Scooters/Hondas- Whassat?

SteveH
10-07-03, 12:25 AM
:shock: :shock: :shock: Yes he did :shock: Boy living in london I have so many to pick from. Lets see it has to be the black taxi driver, too many things they do to name all :roll: :roll: oh and a new thing on the rise, the amount of times I've let other bikes past when filthering because I'am not in the mood to go by cars like a nutter who don't say thanks!!!!!

Red ones
10-07-03, 06:21 AM
Can you believe that scooter riders have done their CBT?? The world seems covered in scooters being riden against every piece of advice given in CBT. Crap observation, crap road position, crap understanding of vehicle sympathy - all to screw an extra 0.0025 mph around a roundabout.

I have a soft spot for cyclists as I have been one for 27(?)years. A surprising number of cyclists do have insurance (though I suspect a proportion do not know it). Cycle to work often on a machine more expensive than most scooters - and quicker too!

I used to hate BMWs until I did my skidpan course. Ramping a Beemer, spinning and skidding it - great laugh, learnt a shed load, and thoroughly disrespected the tin box!!! ha ha ha

jonboy
10-07-03, 02:40 PM
Who Are the worst?

Thinking about it, the one category that's missing from the poll is (in my opinion) the worst of all: WHITE VAN MAN!!!

Surely the scourge of the roads?

Amanda M
10-07-03, 02:44 PM
Scooters are evil are so are pushbikes :twisted: It seems that their only purpose in life is to get in the way. I also hate twonks in rep mobiles on their mobile phones with jackets hung in the back. They are especially evil. :twisted:

Viney
10-07-03, 02:50 PM
Who Are the worst?

Thinking about it, the one category that's missing from the poll is (in my opinion) the worst of all: WHITE VAN MAN!!!

Surely the scourge of the roads?

I have never been cut up by white van man when on the bike, in the car maybe, but not the bike.

Treacle
10-07-03, 06:26 PM
Because of commuting in and out of London I would have to say Africans. Not because of any racial issues but because they have absolutely no driving sense. :evil:

sharriso74
11-07-03, 09:54 AM
Not all scooter rides just the kids who bus around on them trying to pull wheelies down the high street, jst asking for an accident :shock:

vtwin
11-07-03, 09:59 AM
Scooter riders are all idiots and suicidal maniacs. Protective equipment to them is a condom in their wallet/handbag. They buzz around like flies and deserve all the swatting they get. :twisted:

sv4me
14-07-03, 02:45 PM
Has to be 4x4 drivers for me. Despite being 6ft higher (so they feel superior) than everyone else, they still manage not to see you as they pull out and try and kill you, happens nearly every other weekend up here

Ooh just talking bout them makes me vry vry angry!! :evil:

And having ridden a scooter myself for a year (hang my head in shame) yes they are all mad and deserve a good slappin :)

adman
14-07-03, 11:02 PM
Prats come in all shapes and sizes, BMW's, Mercs, smokey bus and yes some bikers

Grinch
15-07-03, 01:03 AM
Please remember everyone.. I know there's a lot of ****s on the road, some are good and some are bad.. and we all have those **** days.. when your riding sucks.. you make mistakes, and ride like a ****. Then there's 'the Devil got in me' :twisted: days, when you scare the life out of little old ladies, cyclists and men in white vans.....
But then theres the day of perfection :D , when it all goes well, the bends are smooth and graceful and the police, white vans, volvo's and others never apear.. remember them.. they will make you more mellow and not the gobby nasty bikers people think we all are.

:lol:

ChrisG
15-07-03, 06:36 AM
20 Something yr. old females in crappy little Jap cars, they have the attention span of a gnat, and are TOTALLY unpredictable- scare the s**t out of me!!
( sorry ladies, honest but politically incorrect!)