PDA

View Full Version : What's the next step?

MaxSuzuki
09-07-03, 05:47 PM
Although I love my SV to bits, sooner or later I will be looking for a newer bike. I think I know what I want, would be interesting to see what everyon else thinks.

jonboy
09-07-03, 06:29 PM
Actually, none of the above (probably). I'll let you know when I've been to the NEC this year as there will be new bikes/models for sure.

Is anyone up for a grand SV650 NEC visit?

rictus01
09-07-03, 07:33 PM
Having ridden bikes for the last 23 years I've owned most of the bikes I once lusted after.

I'll probably get myself a Track bike next year for playtime, anything will do, jap 600-1000 inline four.

Greg,

I'll be going to the NEC, but on the last day.

I use it to buy my winter stuff and you can get some blinding deals when they all start packing up.

Jelster
09-07-03, 09:09 PM
None of these.....

I think you have to consider what you need from your bike. The SV has been a great start for me, I think I made a good choice, but I will want something better next year.

I need a bike that will commute easily, must take a pillion comfortably, I want to do a bit of touring, and I still want a Sunday blast. My list would include:

Aprillia Falco (Oh that looks soooo good)
VFR800 (of course)
Sprint ST (Nice looking, good pedigree, different, British)
Hayabusa (Yeah, like I'm gonna get insurance)

Graham
10-07-03, 06:00 AM
The sv will do me, I feel that If I didn't like It why would I buy It in the first place?

Red ones
10-07-03, 06:04 AM
Tho I pine for a 'busa I suspect the nearest I could get in reality is an SV1000S.

Unless I could get a business use Busa!?!?!??!?!

AussieBill
10-07-03, 06:47 AM
There's no SV650/S on the list! I'm so happy with my SV650 that I would upgrade to the same bike, just a newer model. It would be interesting to see how many people would do the same, instead of going for something bigger.

Warren Isaacs
10-07-03, 10:15 AM
I've no plans to change any time soon, but when I do I'll probably go for something with plenty of grunt, but not too much top end.

So my 'wildcard' would be something like the new Z1000 or a ZRX1200 (Lawson Rep colours, natch). A big V in a tall frame appeals, too, so the Multistrada would certainly get a test ride. I might even try a Buell.

I like to like the SV thou', but it's just sooooo UGLY!!

Cheers
Warren

sexysi
10-07-03, 10:33 AM
I am going really mad next, its got to be the Hayabusa.
"The world is my oyster"
sexysi

Viney
10-07-03, 10:48 AM
None of the above but One of the below

SVthou
Fazer thou
BMW R1100S
Ducatti Multistrada
Triumph Tiger
Tuono 'R' - Saw one this morning...yes yes yes yes yes....how much???? Oh ok then, and standard Tuono

Yet to test ride them all.

I have a SVthou booked as a courtesy bike next week :)