PDA

View Full Version : Great set of Guys at Tapeworks

sexysi
10-07-03, 09:51 AM
:lol: This is the second lot of graphics I've had from these guys. So what they are in America and I'm in the UK, but the graphics turned up in 4 days. Excellent!
I think they make the bike look the Dogs Bo :evil: :evil: ox, Even my mate who owners a customised Hornet :shock: thinks they look great.
I just wanted the bike to stand out in a :D :) 8) :P :x :roll: :twisted: :mrgreen: , just a tad!
Here is a pix of the finished bike.
You'll find the link to tapeworks on the list in the usuall place.
Sexysi "Man who rides big waves"
http://hometown.aol.co.uk/sewbank/images/newsv5.jpg

spearsy
10-07-03, 09:57 AM
Have you got anymore pics. Wouldn't mind seeing from side on. Looks godd so far though. Were they easy to fit?

spearsy
10-07-03, 09:59 AM
Oh bugger, sorry just seen the side on view!! :? Looks good mate. How much were they?

wetsquid
10-07-03, 10:02 AM
:lol:

Just kidding!!! :wink:

sexysi
10-07-03, 10:16 AM
The flames themselves were about $160 dollars say about £100 the unions jacks one either side were $20 say about £12.
I did the graphics in half a day. You get two large sheets one left one right.
To fit them is just like a normal decal, peel off the back and stick on. However there is a lot of trimming to be done with the old stanley knife. You can either wet the decals down (easier to move the things about) or after a bit of practice put them on dry. Which is what I do.
The guys do them in any colour you want, these are Pearl White, but i've had them done in a flip/flop gold/magneta colour before (which changes colour as you move round the bike, but more expensive). Log onto their site
http:// www.tapeworks.com/index.html
and look at some of the customers bikes that have been already done, some nice pixs. Also my website has got so images of the bike, and i will be posting some images of the other colour that I had done at the weekend.
:lol: You also get a free swimsuit 2004 calender with every order.

sexysi
10-07-03, 10:27 AM
Last time I do a poll
:cry: Who gives a **** anyway every time i pull up at a set of lights I can see the reaction, It all seems to be wow that looks nice! :shock: :shock:
You lot out there are so boring :( , how many plain Blue/Red/yellow/black SV's are out there, probably about 5 million, how many like mine 1. :evil: I like it anyway. I can always look at my poll every day and vote for my self. :P
I suppose nobody has got an Iridium screen either, Just that nice clear standard screen, very nice.
I rest my case

wetsquid
10-07-03, 10:35 AM
Hey I was joking !!

And besides 6 people isn't a poll...

wait a day or 2 and see what everyone thinks!!!

(I could always get my bee's on my yellow SVS.....)

sexysi
10-07-03, 10:46 AM
My mate has got a Honda Hornet done in the Hornet racing colours, I could always get a Hornet decal for your tank.
You must be as bored at work as me :(

Warren Isaacs
10-07-03, 11:33 AM
Last time I do a poll
:cry: Who gives a **** anyway . . . You lot out there are so boring :( . . .
. . . I suppose nobody has got an Iridium screen either, Just that nice clear standard screen, very nice.
I rest my case

Perhaps you should have added a few more options to your poll. If there was a 'Not really my cup of tea' option I'd have picked that, but you only offered 'good' or 'crap'', so I had to pick 'crap' :wink:

And, yep, I have a clear screen (double bubble, though, not standard) 'cos I like to see where I'm going when it's dark :shock:

Cheers
Warren

OF.uk
10-07-03, 11:35 AM
Plain colours, yes, thousands, but furry seat covers.....there's only one !! :lol: :lol: :lol:

sexysi
10-07-03, 11:41 AM
The trouble is when riding does one sit on the seat or does one ride standing on the rear pegs. If the latter you must wheely the thing easily. If not then no-one else can see your cow hide seat except your butt.
sexysi
The guy with graphics you can see
"The world is my oyster"

sexysi
10-07-03, 11:49 AM
The trouble with a good clear screen is that in some countries you can see through it. Yet in england if you look through a clear screen you see hundreds of little mangled bodies (Please refer to the opening sequence from men in Black). But i here you say there is always the winter. Everybike I see in winter, (If they come out of the garage that is) has a grey tint to it, composing of salt debris from our wonderful roads.
I surmise if you can see through your screen then you are sitting on your bike in the garage looking out at the rain with your head pressed against the tank.
Sexysi
"The world is my oyster"

weegaz22
10-07-03, 03:05 PM
like warren said if u had added another few options to the poll i would have went for that ( no offence but it looks a bit too max-power style for me, theres just to many flames for my liking ) if u had only done 1 or 2 flames then i would have thought yeah thats nice, but its just a little overdone in my opinion, the little flame on the front hugger would look good on a standard bike though

jonboy
10-07-03, 04:20 PM
...but furry seat covers... there's only one!!

That's perverse! ;)

adman
13-07-03, 08:41 AM
looks good to me. :) if other people dont like it tough luck their not riding it and you are

Treacle
14-07-03, 05:05 PM
Si It looks alot better in the flesh. I was the monkey in the van on Ha Ha road who gave you a beep.

Matt :wink:

sexysi
15-07-03, 09:38 AM
Its a small world. I heard someone beep but i was to busy looking at the reflection of my bike in a car window. Nice to see another person likes the look of the bike.
cheers Matt :D

sexysi
15-07-03, 09:39 AM
Nice to see another modern thinking Sv rider. Cheers mate