PDA

View Full Version : Dublin, Mondello Park and a nasty twist........

Mariner
22-07-03, 12:40 PM
Had a great weekend in Dublin for the racing at Mondello Park, met up with Darren, Steve and Sean from the Irish SV website. Made to feel very welcome and a good bunch of lads, my wife even got on with Seans girlfriend Pauline. It was a fantastic day until I left the bike outside the front of the hotel and the 15 minutes later some thieving scum had nicked it! In braod daylight less than 5 metres from the hotel lobby. We have the theft all on video in colour, a witness even stands and watches the scum mess around with the ignition and does nothing! I am very unhappy, it ruined what had been a great weekend, good food, great beer, good weather, good company and great racing!
Seriously depressed :(

svpilot
22-07-03, 12:47 PM
WHAT! :shock:

Bloody hell, sorry to hear that mate. If it was captured on video do the police reckon they will catch 'em? did they ride it off or put it in a van?

B@st@ds! :evil:

stevie69p
22-07-03, 12:50 PM
sorry to hear about your loss. From experience (twice), :( I know how you must be feeling. Unfortunately, Dublin is no different to any other big city with it's fair share of scumbags. i never go anywhere without a very large lock and chain. Hope the Gards have some success in tracking it down. You may want to post details on th MAG website www.magireland.org under their stolen bikes section...

Slim
22-07-03, 12:50 PM
Some stupid questions but...

1) Was it alarmed/imobilised?
2) Lock?
3) Did you have European cover?

I only ask because I have always thought my bike pretty safe with the above. Very sorry to hear about that

Definitely kill them, no questions asked, they do not deserve to live!

vtwin
22-07-03, 12:59 PM
They should be castrated, hung, drawn and quartered and then their separate body pieces should be shipped to North Korea and stored for infinity in the nuclear reprocessing plants that the Americans are convinced exist.

irl_dar
22-07-03, 08:07 PM
Barry....

Did the police mention any names?
I wouldnt mind having a look at the video tape......

If i get some names it will help matters big time.....

FUKIN SCUMBAGS if i get near any of them they will be walking funny for sometime........

Mariner
23-07-03, 08:57 PM
I'll be speaking to the Garda tomorrow, but I think really they viewed it as a low priority crime! they won't too hopeful about recovering anything at at all.
I'm gutted 'cos it spoiled a great day, I really enjoyed meeting up with you all.
Hopefully I'll see you in the near future.

irl_dar
23-07-03, 09:12 PM
Just after getting back from been out looking for your bike Barry....we went around all the usual area's...didnt see ur bike im afraid barry.but we did recover an english regded bandit 400.we just put it in the van and brought it to the gardai station....the gardai wont really do **** all to be quite honest.....so we will be going out again on friday night to have another look for it..

Hope we can find it

Dar

Amanda M
24-07-03, 07:29 AM
Bike thieves (or any theives for that matter...) should have every last bone in their theiving hands smashed so they will never be able to lift anything again. they would be left with a reminder for ever cos hands are a bugger to fix properly and it would take longer to do that than castrating them, therefore prolonging the pleasure of seeing the theiving scum in pain...

Mariner
25-07-03, 07:45 PM
Thanks Darren, really appreciate all you are doing! I am just getting over the shock but I'm still very angry.
cheers Mate. :x

irl_dar
25-07-03, 08:09 PM
Still no luck im afraid barry.....hope the gardai can recover it....what did they say when u contacted them?