PDA

View Full Version : Friday 1st August

rictus01
29-07-03, 01:49 AM
I'll be passing through, at about 8pm.
After last week, just wondering if it's worth stopping?

geeksv
29-07-03, 08:46 AM
gotta show off those new Cans, think I'll be the loudest thing there :D

Dave Grant
29-07-03, 04:30 PM
this is going to sound really stupid.... where are the meets normally held... i have only just bought my SV and am looking for other people with the same type of bike.... please help!!!

jonboy
29-07-03, 04:38 PM
Well the Soho group meet outside Nero's coffee bar in Frith Street at around 8pm on Friday evenings.

Sometimes there is a large crowd of us and at others not so many (as per last Friday's debacle). Because it's the holiday season it's a bit up and down. The week after is probably going to be a good one (8th August).

If you want to meet other SV riders then get on one of the ride-outs and have some fun. Where are you based?

Rob S (Yella)
29-07-03, 06:11 PM
I may turn up for a bit but I will be half drunk by then looking for rides into Covent Garden with all my rowdy work mates.

SV cabs. :P

DeeJay
29-07-03, 06:54 PM
FORMALLY DAVE GRANT!!! ......... I am based in Middlesex.... are the any of the Soho Massive round middlesex??? I haven't seen a single SV out on the roads round my area....

Raf
29-07-03, 08:36 PM
Well the good old post office says Staines is in Middlesex so I guess I am in middlesex.

CoolGirl
29-07-03, 09:04 PM
there's loads of the buggers - the Middlesex massive is a splinter group of Soho. They'll all come crawling out of the woodwork over the next few weeks once they're back off their hols. Not me though, I'm in Islington.

anyways, might come down without either of my two bikes :lol: and bring Isaac so he can ogle Uncle Al's bike again :shock:

Raf
29-07-03, 09:19 PM
I am part of a spliter group? Cool... 8)
I might actually make it this friday, depends if I survive the previous night drinking session. I am planning on taking it easy, here hoping it won't rain :)

MaxSuzuki
30-07-03, 05:51 PM
Yes it's all SV on the Westside....

geeksv
31-07-03, 09:33 AM
Lets get that damn moderator to do some work.

Dan, please create a sticky saying where we meet and when, so people know who we are

Sort of thing would be

Who we are
where we meet (streetmap location etc)
and when we meet

Slenver
31-07-03, 10:53 AM
Good plan, done it. Is it ok? Any requests for changes etc??

geeksv
31-07-03, 11:06 AM
well done that man... much better than I would have done it.

Slenver
31-07-03, 11:08 AM
You're too kind :oops:

I tend to get a bit carried away with these things.....

Actually (getting carried away..) does anybody have any scanned/digital pics that I could stick in there? Might be nice.

Raf
31-07-03, 12:27 PM
I do. They are a bit shaky :cry: because I am still not used to the new digital camera. If I manage to come out tomorrow night I plan on taking some more, hopefully non-shaky, photos. In the meantime I will try to pick the best ones and try to post it somewhere so you can admire my bad photographic skills. Might not be able to get the photos to you until the weekend as I will be going out tonight and will be in soho tomorrow night :)

Raf
31-07-03, 06:58 PM
Photo as promissed, sorry about the shaky hands. I hope to take better ones next time :)

http://www.btinternet.com/~rafael.barbalho/Soho2.jpg

Slenver
01-08-03, 07:54 AM
Cheers for that Raf, looks good :)

Raf
01-08-03, 12:42 PM
So how many of the maybes have turned to yes, or no for that matter? I need to know if I should bother with the trip into central london, not exactly my favorite journey at 6:30 on a friday afternoon.

geeksv
01-08-03, 12:47 PM
I'm there even if its raining lightly. See you all later.

You've gotta here the popping and noise of my new Cans :D

jonboy
01-08-03, 01:07 PM
Sorry guys, can't make it tonight but I'll definitely be there next week.

Slenver
01-08-03, 01:18 PM
I wasn't going to, but have my bike with me tonight for complicated reasons so may pop by - want to hear Geek's new cans!

rictus01
01-08-03, 02:16 PM
I'll stop for a coffee and see what company I have.