PDA

View Full Version : Most tasteless mods

purple eyed pig
05-08-03, 11:00 AM
Ok,

what's the most tasteless mod you can think of or have seen on a bike?

Steve's orange double bubble screen is a good start :D but I think a Gold wing with trailer, side car and matching rider, pillion and dog has to be hard to beat.

jonboy
05-08-03, 11:03 AM
I like my tyre flies! :evil: Actually they're rather tacky and I'll probably get fed up with them soon. :wink:

rictus01
05-08-03, 11:07 AM
Oh ! bag of worms time.

Everbodys mods are done because they think it's better, and tastless , who's taste ?

though not strictly a mod I'd plum for fitting a sidecar, all the disadvantages of both a car and a bike.
( or thoughs stick on ear things would come close)

Cheers Mark.

graycat
05-08-03, 11:13 AM
them lop of lug things are probably one of the worst.

hang on, no it's got to be the side car.

no no no, it's the leather tastles jacket wearing, 125 'sport bike' riding person somewhere in Belle Isle.

hmmmm, might need a few more options on this poll. so many choices!! :)

T.

DeeJay
05-08-03, 11:40 AM
i would have to say it is the ears things... or biker buddies!!!!!

purple eyed pig
05-08-03, 11:55 AM
Confession time.

I own a pair of ears (piggy ones)
And tinted headlamp covers
Hence the userID :roll:

Mind you - the girlies always check out the ears :twisted: (Don't tell the wife though!!)

sexysi
05-08-03, 12:13 PM
Occasionaly i've been know to deliver Pizza's around Bexleyheath, so I would say a nice large Pizza Hut box on the back of the SV.
SEXYSI
'The world is my oyster'

Magoo
05-08-03, 12:17 PM
No really a mod but certainly bad teaste...

A bloke wearing Rossi replica leathers, Rossi replica Helmet, Rossi replica gloves and finally Rossi replica boots... not too bad but for the fact that he was riding a very beaten up CG125!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

Amanda M
05-08-03, 12:45 PM
The worst thing I have ever seen, EVER, was at Rivvy barn a couple of weeks ago. It was a pink harley with HUGE mudguards, white-walled tyres, a picture of an indian on the tank, and ape-hanger bars with tassles. It really was the most tasteless thing in the world.... :shock:

weegaz22
05-08-03, 01:17 PM
theres no "all of the above option" there..........

sharriso74
05-08-03, 01:19 PM
The worst has got to be a fat bird on the back :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

purple eyed pig
05-08-03, 01:27 PM
The worst thing I have ever seen, EVER, was at Rivvy barn a couple of weeks ago. It was a pink harley with HUGE mudguards, white-walled tyres, a picture of an indian on the tank, and ape-hanger bars with tassles. It really was the most tasteless thing in the world.... :shock:

Have you seen the pink gs500 that parks up there? Also, there is a guy with a red TL1000S and I've only seen it move once - what a waste.

Warren Isaacs
05-08-03, 03:49 PM
I realise I'm running the risk of getting well and truly flamed for this, but . . .

. . . the accessory I'd be most ashamed of would be unscuffed knee/toe sliders.

Have you noticed how most of the people you see wearing expensive suits and boots have virgin sliders, but those in really well-worn (read 'tatty') kit are invariably scuffed in all directions?

The pinnacle of sadness has to be a colleague of mine who has a couple of pairs of my old sliders so people who see him walking around in his suit will think he can really ride. Strangely, he maintains that their illusions would be shattered if they what sort of bike he owns, 'cos . . . get this . . . 'everyone knows you can't get youir knee down on a Hayabusa'. Hahahahaha. He claims that the cans stick out so far that they will always touch down before the rider's knee. I'm dying to prove him wrong, but he won't surrender the damned keys!

Cheers
Warren

clanger
05-08-03, 04:01 PM
purple eyed pig...I have a question for you... what bulbs are you using in your fairing?
Mine have burnt out considerably quickly and I want some decent replacements - but considering the fairing thing is plastic...

Please advise

clanger
05-08-03, 04:05 PM
Warren... my partner has a Hayabusa, and its damn scarey how far he gets it over...even with me pillion!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He throws it around just like a small sports bike...I sometimes sit there clinging on wondering why the hell I didnt ride my own bike in the first place.
As for getting his knee down (an mine for that matter) - no fooking problem, in fact I tuck myself in, and think I dont think my head should be THIS close to the road.....

:shock:

Warren Isaacs
05-08-03, 04:59 PM
As for getting his knee down (an mine for that matter) - no fooking problem

Kewl!!!

If you ever get a photo of some 2-up, 2-knee action (on the bike, of course :oops:), I'd love a copy to pass to my colleague. Would your partner be happy to be idolised? :)

My colleague was telling me earlier how he and his 'Busa blew away a 600 on a dual carriageway this weekend. I was sooooooo impressed :roll:

Cheers
Warren

Benji
05-08-03, 05:07 PM
When my mate used to have his Bandit 600 he used to abliterate the foot pegs but the key thing was his girlfriend used to grab flowers off roundabouts when he was cornering, not knee down I know but it still blows my mind.

Benji

purple eyed pig
05-08-03, 05:09 PM
Clanger

I have bog standard bulbs (I think, they were in when I got it so I don't know if they're uprated). I just have coloured protectors (about £20 from M&P or MPS or wherever)

elmerfud
05-08-03, 05:22 PM
you missed the worst one in the world... ever!

them dodgy coloured tyres (cringe/barf) delete as appropriate

clanger
05-08-03, 05:50 PM
Warren... wish we could get some photo's - it'd be wicked...its timing though, need someone to ride with us to take the pics.

PEP (purple eyed pig) I have a raptor fairing on mine now with those purple thingies inside - but its just the bulbs have blown (far too quickly since fitting for my liking..) they are standard bulbs - I just figured if I find someone else with an aftermarket headlamp conversion they may be able to recommend decent bulbs, tisall. cheers

pridhac
06-08-03, 02:57 AM
Tyre Flies are not only tacky, but dangerous apparently.

I read on another forum that several folks have had valve stems rupture around the base causing(very) rapid deflation.

jus wot I heard like...

Jelster
06-08-03, 07:14 AM
Most tasteless mod ?

Gotta be flames on a red bike.... Sory Si, but like I said, it looks like a Tarts bike...

sexysi
06-08-03, 08:31 AM
It's cause your old all the young people :D I have spoken to like it (under 30). Your old so I suppose your more old fashioned in your outlook on life. Sorry Jelster :twisted:
sexysi
'The world is my oyster'

OF.uk
06-08-03, 10:05 AM
The worst I've seen is a green Kawasaki COVERED in green fake fur. Tank, fairings, even the silencer!!
Saw it at the MCN bike weekend last year and have seen it knocking around Halifax.

Oh, Si's bike comes a close second though :wink:

sexysi
06-08-03, 10:43 AM
This seems to be getting very personal, aimed at me :evil: , I love black and white seat covers as well, seen them somewhere I'm sure don't know where though?!?!!??? :lol: :D
sexysi

BoltonSte
06-08-03, 11:36 AM
P.E.P Afeter I was so nice to you over the weekend, The lass with the Pink GS had it wrapped up a bit ago, and then prceeded to redo it it the same colour.....at least she could have blamed it on looking like that when she bought it :?:

No explaining taste, the worst thing I've seen is a picture of me sat on my nice blue bike with a Black/red/white/silver tribal K suit, silver Gunwind/gold insert and blue boots :oops: ....that's what you call fashion.

The most painful, watching Pink Eyed Pig ride towards the bridge :P

TimSVS
06-08-03, 12:24 PM
I have to say sexysi's bike pretty much wraps it up for me :lol: (don't take it to heart you prob think mine is a boring heap), its nice in a sunday afternoon "look at that" stylee, but you gotta to be a pimp to ride it ;). Then again i would never ride a standard bike and i'm all up for people attempting to make theirs something different.

purple eyed pig
06-08-03, 12:48 PM
Woah there.......

This wasn't supposed to be the pick on SexySi poll (although with a username like that........ :mrgreen: )

He does at least own an SV (and a red one at that) so it can't be as bad as.....

:idea: couples with fully colour matched clothing??? On colour matched R1/916 ??

TimSVS
06-08-03, 12:50 PM
hehe, i know but couldn't help it, there is no doubting its a pimp bike tho :lol:

sexysi
06-08-03, 01:45 PM
Funny isn't it but I have a couple of cars at home namely a Ford Galaxy and Vauxhall Calibra so why is it that a group of people can get on a forum and take the **** out of other peoples ideas. So what if the guy has a massive cruiser with leather bags hanging off the back, or even the scooter rider just past his test riding a 30mph maxed out scooter. The pizza hut delivery boy who everyone takes the **** out. Whats this all about! We all ride bikes, dosen't matter what ride or what it looks like. We are on 2 wheels and we love the freedom, that's what's it all about. So lets stop taking the ****, what one mans poison is another's passion, i think or whatever. I'll kill myself before I start judging my Ford Galaxy to the ML530 down the road.
sexysi
Changing his Avatar and login real soon! :(

TimSVS
06-08-03, 01:49 PM
Didn't mean to have a go :(..........

but its still a pimp bike :lol:

sexysi
06-08-03, 02:05 PM
I actually support computer system at New Scotland Yard for SO12/SO13.
sexysi
Not really a pimp, can't break the law either cause I would lose my job. This is why the bike has a road legal can and number plate.
sexygalaxy

purple eyed pig
06-08-03, 02:14 PM
There isn't an 'emoticon' for Group Hug :cry:

Marv
06-08-03, 02:17 PM
The worst thing you can stick on an SV.

sv4me
06-08-03, 02:19 PM
http://www.bgh.org.uk/mayfair/images/aa_gruppe.gif.....oh yes there is!

Viney
06-08-03, 02:31 PM
The testeless mod....hmmmm.....er.........erm........ah.....nope .....er...........lets see...........ah yes, another set of Metzeler 4 tyres.

vtwin
06-08-03, 07:22 PM
I saw a blue GSXR600 on my way home this morning with BLUE tyres. Hateful!

sexysi
06-08-03, 10:28 PM
Bugger does anyone know where i can get red and white tyres from? The white has got to look like a flame though.
sexysi

vtwin
06-08-03, 10:40 PM
Don't even jest!! :shock:

Moo
07-08-03, 10:50 PM
Occasionaly i've been know to deliver Pizza's around Bexleyheath, so I would say a nice large Pizza Hut box on the back of the SV.
SEXYSI
'The world is my oyster'
I agree but once fitted they are probably one of the most usefull tasteless mods around.

vtwin
08-08-03, 12:03 AM
Have you noticed that Homer - my avatar - seems uncertain about sexysi's bike too!! Look above. http://www.bgh.org.uk/mayfair/images/up.gif

jonboy
08-08-03, 12:42 AM
You wanna be careful otherwise I'll give him moving eyes too! ;)

Moo
08-08-03, 07:09 AM
Bugger does anyone know where i can get red and white tyres from? The white has got to look like a flame though.
sexysi
Tomahawk do coloured tyres in red the info that I've read on them is that they are a remould. Have seen them used by Dave Cotes stunt rider they took loads of abuse.

Slim
08-08-03, 10:41 AM
I saw a green, fury teenage mutant NINJA turtle at Odiham on Wednesday.....guess what he was riding??? :roll:

graycat
08-08-03, 10:58 AM
April? :lol:

damn, major flash back there!!!!

*goes for a lie down*

T.

Suki
08-08-03, 11:02 AM
OK, call me a dumb blonde (not all at once please! :lol: ) but..

what are tyre flies?
:? what is an HD Logo?
Tassles on what, exactly?

what about helmet additions, do they count? I LOATHE those mohican/tiger ears thingies :D

Amanda M
08-08-03, 11:08 AM
hi Suki, how's it going? :D
another dumb blonde to the rescue...
HD logos are the things plastered all over harley davidsons and their owners.
Tassles are tasteless on anything, especially bar ends, panniers and jackets.
Tyre flies are flashing valve caps - not a good idea.

Amanda

Luckypants
08-08-03, 11:10 AM
Tassles are not ALWAYS tasteless Amanda!! :shock:

sexysi
08-08-03, 11:13 AM
Check out http://www.bikenet.com/tyres.asp "Not my web site"
They are valve caps that contain a bulb and batteries which flash. When they are on a bike that rota really quick and make a flashy light show for non bike riders. Tassles on cruiser's bar ends, you know massive Harley with leather tassles everywhere.
sexysi

graycat
08-08-03, 11:19 AM
i'm with Amanda on this one.

Tassles + bike (inc clothing) = WRONG

I think it should be banned under the Geneva convention or something.

T>

Suki
08-08-03, 11:23 AM
And thanks Amanda! Nice to know there are more blondes out there :wink:

Why on earth would anyone want tassles anywhere? And I've never heard of flashy bulb things before today - why??

By the way, does anyone know what exhaust I should get? I want something throaty and feral yet legal :D

sexysi
08-08-03, 11:28 AM
This is going to sound really stupid, but one with ROAD LEGAL stamped on it. No really quill do a road legal one. check out
http://www.jbracing.co.uk/ Not my website
sexysi
The galaxy is on SI's belt

purple eyed pig
08-08-03, 11:29 AM

Are you suggesting Amanda adopt some less than totally protective clothing :twisted:

Suki
08-08-03, 11:47 AM

Are you suggesting Amanda adopt some less than totally protective clothing :twisted:

Don't you mean, less than totally protective AND socially unacceptable clothing? :lol:

OK Si, will defo write ROAD LEGAL on whatever I get! Will check out the website (NOT your website, noted!) :wink:

Luckypants
08-08-03, 11:52 AM
Ohhh blimey, better not say anaything about tassles. (but certain kinds are very acceptable in certain circumstances)! :shock:

Suki
08-08-03, 11:59 AM
Yeah, obviously YOU wear tassles! Whereabouts are yours then? (ooer :wink: )

What's so lucky about your pants anyway? Are they tassly pants? :wink: :lol:

Luckypants
08-08-03, 12:05 PM
I have no objection to waering tassles if the occassion demands it! My pants are not tassly no, and not lucky in the pulling ladies sense.

The story of the luckypants is long and not biking related. I'll tell you guys some day over a beer, but only if you ask and promise not to fall asleep.

Suki
08-08-03, 12:07 PM
Well yeah, OK, I admit I wore tassles once or twice.. in my gothic/heavy metal teenage years! I was actually quite well known for my lace, velvet and tassle ensembles. Lucky for me I have grown up and moved on to the leather phase! :wink:

jonboy
08-08-03, 12:09 PM
Oh I don't know, sounds rather good actually! 8)

Luckypants
08-08-03, 12:12 PM
Please Suki! I just about wriggle out from under a non-PC flame fest regarding tassles, and you start talking about women in leather! This is entrapment! http://www.bgh.org.uk/mayfair/images/a_nomore.gif

Amanda M
08-08-03, 12:42 PM
Sorry, Luckypants, but tassles ARE sad. They just ARE. There is no excuse for tassles. I am a completely tassle-free person. :lol:

Amanda

Suki
08-08-03, 01:44 PM
Its not entrapment! Its just virtual flirting :wink:

As for you Johnboy - which bit sounds quite good actually? :wink: :wink:

And I agree with Amanda - I am tassle free too... I'm Tassle free and I'm proud! :D

Luckypants
08-08-03, 03:49 PM
Oh if it's flirting, it's no wonder I've got no idea! Think I lost the plot on that when I was about 5! (Right after Sian Lewis chased me round the play ground in Kiss Chase and I thought I won by not letting her catch me!) :roll: