PDA

View Full Version : This morning

sexysi
11-08-03, 09:15 AM
Bloody hot 8) ,but I had a smile on my face.
Last night picked up an email from a guy who loves me bike and wants to know where I got my graphics this is but one of many emails I have received about the graphics.
Also this morning saw a yellow sv sporting an SV650.ORG sticker stopped at a set of lights and had a quick chat. It turns out that he saw the bike on the web site and loves the way it looks.
Can't remember his login but if he reads this how about coming on the 24th down to camber on the rideout, or turn up on a wednesday night at the Oakdene.
So the start to Monday was good even though it's bloody hot :oops:
sexysi
The galaxy is on si's belt

Benji
11-08-03, 09:19 AM
Oh dear. Not had anyone wet themselves over the looks but when Joe and I cruise EVERYONE looks around at the noise coming towards them, probably hate us really :lol:

Benji

Amanda M
11-08-03, 09:20 AM
Everyone loves my bike, especially the noise 8)

Amanda M
11-08-03, 09:22 AM
U busy again this morning Benji :lol:

Luckypants
11-08-03, 09:24 AM
Ditto Amanda!

Best yet was when I was at Dyl's (or whatever it's called these days!) in B-y-C. A gang of girls walked past about 100 bikes, stop and look at mine (bike - keep it clean!)...

'Ohhhh look at this one, take a picture of me next to it!' or summut like that! I was a few yards away and kept shtum - they were only about 15 fer crissakes!

Slim
11-08-03, 09:27 AM
BLACK ONES ARE THE BEST!!!!!!!!

Benji does about as much work as me by the looks of things. Must be the inner city work load or something. Although it is holiday time at the moment so that may have something to do with it. 8)

sexysi
11-08-03, 09:28 AM
What's the betting that this will end up one of the biggest polls ever. Obviously no-one owning a black bike has read this yet ,Jelster :twisted:
sexysi

Benji
11-08-03, 09:29 AM
Decided that my bike is more important than work! :lol: I am just desperate to get it sorted, the big heat doesn't help tempers with three blokes and a bike in pieces.

Tell you what I could do with a good Southern Comfort right now, any Lambrini Girls want to join? :wink:

Benji

sexysi
11-08-03, 09:32 AM
Well I do nothing all day, just fix the computers when they brake down, however got to go on a bike ride for about 15 miles just to get the next generation of backup tapes any reason to go for a ride.
sexysi

Amanda M
11-08-03, 09:57 AM
Could defo do with a drink this morning - the boss is back from a conference and is full of ideas, meaning I might have to do some work :cry:

Best one I've ever had on the bikes was when I had my red 600 bandit and was parked up at Bowness in the Lake District. This bloke comes along, sees me and my fella sat on the grass near the bikes and asks him if he could have his photo took on the nice bike. He nearly fell over when I said he could - I did laugh :lol:

Amanda

Benji
11-08-03, 10:01 AM
The most I have had is admiring glances when at traffic lights. But I think people are generally impressed with lovely noise it makes and when Joe and are taking off at the rate of nots certainly gets people looking.

Damnit then why haven't I found me a girlfriend yet?!?

Is it becuase I drink Southern Comfort? :oops: :lol:

Benji

Suki
11-08-03, 10:06 AM
I have a silver bike with black bits - does that count?

And I get loads of attention, but only because I am usually lying horizontal on the tarmac :lol:

I saw SexySi's bike and it did look good - although granted, it was dark at the time and heading away from me :lol: :wink:

purple eyed pig
11-08-03, 10:07 AM
Benji,

you might want to get new glasses!!!! :P

My pipe gets a bit of attention. Mainly of the 'that ain't road legal is it?' variety.

Did get stopped for the headlamp covers though - our local poliz force decided they warranted an alert!!! Dog handling plod pulled me and said 'they obviously have nothing better to do....' :?

Gawd bless the boys in blue eh?

Suki
11-08-03, 10:10 AM
Thinks its just coz I'm crap, really

Suki
11-08-03, 10:14 AM
nope, I'm sure its coz I'm crap :wink:

I've had my baby 5 weeks, been out 8 times, fallen over 3 times, parts replaced; 2 x bar end, 1 x brake lever, 1 x clutch lever :oops:

Other damage; bent gear pedal, scratched exhaust, dented pride and one severely squashed ego :wink:

Went out last night, 1st time in 2 weeks! Didn't fall off though - major result :lol:

Amanda M
11-08-03, 10:19 AM
Things can only get better :D Have you got a standing order for levers at your local bike shop then? :shock: I went out and bought 4 in one go for my 500S cos it kept falling off it's side stand and I'm crap at U-turns :lol:

Amanda

Benji
11-08-03, 10:20 AM
It's the gorgeous Candy Blue (YC2) its sooooo lovely when its clean.

Suki, its nice to see you can laugh about it and more importantly get back in. Determination like that will see you through to a good rider.

Why do I need new glasses? Am confused :?

Benji

Benji
11-08-03, 10:21 AM
Get back in? Blimey I really am confused! Its monday morning!

Benji

Benji
11-08-03, 10:25 AM
If mine did, I really wouldn't care, it doesn't move anyway :evil: :lol:

Not where mine is parked up/broken down at the moment but I have seen Joe's TL desperately try and sink everything into the tarmac, it had got very twisted and was almost to the point of falling over :shock: now that wouldnt have been nice.

Try and use your paddock mate (the thing that goes under that side stand). If you want one for free just tell me because I have about 10 left over from Brands Hatch :lol:

Benji

Benji
11-08-03, 10:35 AM
Yeah it generally comes with the bike (I think) but some may have lost theirs. Its like a drink coaster. I am more than happy to post them out to people free of charge if anyone is interested. First come first serve (until stocks last) :lol:

Benji

Viney
11-08-03, 10:38 AM
all i ever get is 'Those sound nice' I hope that they are referring to my cans.

Other than that, nope, never been stopped, only by the feds.

Benji
11-08-03, 10:40 AM
Haven't been stopped on the bike yet, thank god. Way to many times in the ickle Punto than I care to mention though. :lol:

Benji

Benji
11-08-03, 11:45 AM
You looking for a coaster then Lee? Email me your address or something and I will pop it into the post ASAP.

Benji

sv4me
11-08-03, 11:53 AM
I was parked up in Bowness in the Lakes yesterday,got chatted up by this schoolgirl. Couldnt decide whether she liked my bike more or my leathers! :oops:

Well when I say schoolgirl she was 16(probably)......and anyway,im only 19! Okay im gonna stop talking now :D

And the best bit was not only was she damn fine(for older readers that means she was very beautiful :wink: ) but my girlfriend had just gone off to get the ice creams :lol: :lol:

I pointed her in your direction Benji,hopes thats ok? :wink:

And Si,my bikes black and still gets plenty of attention. Probably would get even more with some flames stuck on the side :twisted:

Benji
11-08-03, 11:53 AM
okay mate, got it. Will pick one up tonight and send it off tomorrow from work.

Yeah would be cool to meet some of the peeps from the board. Isn't Guilford on the A3? I think I pass it a lot when going to the M25.

Benji

Benji
11-08-03, 11:55 AM
Cheers SV4Me :lol: You want a paddock mate? :lol:

I will send it when she calls okay? :wink: :lol:

Benji

Suki
11-08-03, 11:57 AM
Benji - yes Guidlford is on A3 - you gonna come on the rideout there this Thursday?

Benji
11-08-03, 11:59 AM
There is? Maybe, all depends on work (wouldnt get home till 7pm and guilford till about 7:30-8ish) and also bike may not be working by then :cry:

Maybe I could badger joe to take me on the back just so I could meet you guys.

Benji

Suki
11-08-03, 12:01 PM
Have faith, oh sad one! Your bike will be fine - positive thinking and all that jazz

We are meeting at 7.30 ish anyway - come join us! 8)

Benji
11-08-03, 12:03 PM
Is the info in the Ride Outs section, should probably have a peak. Too busy in the General Discussion though :lol:

Benji

U.K.Ajay
11-08-03, 12:07 PM
Only had the bike a while, but the my boss came out to look at it one day and said "that is one beautiful bike." Made me happy enough for the day.

Plus it is a black bike, enough said!:)

Alec

Benji
11-08-03, 12:12 PM
If we meet at 7:30 and I am on the back of Joes bike we should make it easy the way he drives :lol: Mind you the rate the TL drinks fuel we will probably need to fill up twice :lol:

Benji

mrbix
11-08-03, 12:17 PM
Si, I'm the guy who spoke 2u is morning. (SV.ORG sticker). Smashing bike etc etc. Can't make ride out as will be on holiday but may attend a Wednesday night meet (work permitting).

ps yes it was a great morning....West Ham won @ the weekend so no p*** taking at work. Well, not that much!

Jelster
11-08-03, 12:33 PM
I will admit nobody has walked over and said how wonderful my bike looks, but I did have a guy on a 748 say to me "I wish my bike sounded that good!" - Now from a 748 owner, that's impressive.....

I also had a guy "chasing" me this morning on a Daytona 600 (the older one). When he eventually met me at some lights he said "I wasn't trying race you, my brothers got an SV and I wanted to know what can you had as it sounds f......... great".

But, I've never had a fire engine trying to put my flames out either...

Black bikes are more fun. The Remus has now been replaced with an Akrapovic full system...

http://www.cyfc.co.uk/Biking/images/june03.jpg

Benji
11-08-03, 12:41 PM
Lee, just spoke to Joe, he seems up for it even if I don't get mine running so we might be able to get down there between 7:30pm and 8pm if peeps are still going to be around.

Benji

Benji
11-08-03, 01:41 PM
Cheers mate, sent you my mob number as well for reference. I will give you a shout on thursday.

Benji

Suki
11-08-03, 01:43 PM
Lee - who's coming on Thursday?

Benji
11-08-03, 02:18 PM
It should be a good laugh. Hopefully the bike will be working again. Its totally covered in oil though :shock:

Benji

Suki
11-08-03, 02:49 PM
in Oil? I thought the joke said to cover it in vaseline.. hee hee :lol:

Benji
11-08-03, 02:52 PM
:shock:

Though my boots do squeek really bad and I need to put vasaline in them or something. :lol:

Benji

Suki
11-08-03, 02:53 PM
Don't you know the bike + vaseline joke? Will PM it to you :wink:

Benji
11-08-03, 03:06 PM
Don't seem to have been vaselined up yet? :lol: I am clueless as to what this joke is?

Benji

Suki
11-08-03, 03:18 PM
OK - its quite rude though... will PM it now! :wink:

Benji
11-08-03, 03:42 PM
Cheers Suki!

Benji

Prelude
11-08-03, 06:48 PM
Yes all the time and it's black