PDA

View Full Version : corner preference

Anonymous
24-09-03, 02:50 PM
hiya just wondered what everyone's opinion was on corners.

I like roundabouts but on the road prefer left hand corners (i know roundabouts are on the road, but you know what I mean) I think it is because if I get is wrong on a left hander I may have somewhere to go provided nothing coming the other way, whereas right handers, Im over in the gutter with no options other than lean, lean and more lean, not always a great idea considering the crap in the gutter. :cry:

Luckypants
24-09-03, 02:53 PM
I voted right, but do not really have a preference. Roundabouts are a pain in the proverbial put there by non-driving bureaucrats.....

Moo
24-09-03, 04:00 PM
Same as luckypants voted right but have no real preference occasionally will do several laps of a roundabout just simply because I can.

rukus
24-09-03, 04:21 PM
I have a preference for left-ers myself. Not sure but I have a real psychological block withr righthanders. I think it's since I cocked one up on my CBT and got a right royal roastin from the instructor when I was front wheel first into a grass verge!!!

it's a real pain in the ass!!

Ruk

SteveR
24-09-03, 04:49 PM
marginal preference for left handers - although you have to have a mix don't you - I guess those that don't want a mix have voted 'right' and will just stay on the roundabout (nothing wrong with that)
How come there's no 'left' emoticon ?

Itching 2 go
24-09-03, 06:20 PM
i would have normally said right but after doing a trackday at cadwell park yesterday looks tike i prefer left handers as that is the only knee i got down! :D

Anton
24-09-03, 07:47 PM
I votet left. i dont know why i like this more since i Denmark we drive in the rigth side of the road. I just seem to lean more in left hand corners.

jonboy
24-09-03, 08:12 PM
My prefrence is right. Based purely on survival.

Look at it this way, if I bin it round a right-hander then I slide into the curb / grass by the side of the road and take my chances. If I bin it on a left-hander then I potentially put myself under the front wheels of an oncoming vehicle.

vtwin
24-09-03, 09:34 PM
I have no preference - just bring 'em on!

coombest
24-09-03, 09:43 PM
My prefrence is right. Based purely on survival.

Look at it this way, if I bin it round a right-hander then I slide into the curb / grass by the side of the road and take my chances. If I bin it on a left-hander then I potentially put myself under the front wheels of an oncoming vehicle.

Just hope you don't bounce off the kerb!!:o :shock: :?

Cloggsy
25-09-03, 10:56 AM
rukus wrote: I have a preference for left-ers myself. Not sure but I have a real psychological block withr righthanders. I think it's since I cocked one up on my CBT and got a right royal roastin from the instructor when I was front wheel first into a grass verge!!!

it's a real pain in the ass!!

:twisted: I had to laugh when I read this... A lad who took his test before I took mine was a little nervous... He turned right out of the test centre car park (after doing all his pre-test 'stuff'), rode 20 feet to a t-junction & was asked to turn right... I think he was a little bit more worried by this point, coz instead of turning right he went straight on, over the kurb, across the verge & crashed into some old ladies front garden wall. He went over the handle bars & was sat in her roses... For some unknown reason the examiner cancelled his test... Whats that all about? :lol: :wink:

Oh, by the way... I'd have to say 'right-handers' too... kerb or no kerb!

clanger
28-09-03, 07:21 AM
Im ****e on right hander corners...and I think this is a psychological thing, since I got smashed into from the side on a roundabout....before the accident I was fine, not getting my knee down or anything...but riding with confidence anywhere and everywhere.......

but nowadays - I do **** up more right handers than left!!!!

Though that being said...now Ive got the D207's on my wheels - have brought me new gained confidence, and my corning has gotten better and better this summer

jim6800
29-09-03, 12:40 PM
I would have said that I prefer lefthanders to righthanders as I can visualise myself getting further down on the left, but the chicken patch on my tyres is bigger on the left than the right, suggesting completely the opposite. :?: