PDA

View Full Version : Help!!! Devil or Akrapovic?

SV-Musketier
09-11-03, 09:18 PM
Hi Guy's. Just introduced myself and now I have a question.

I want to buy an exhaust for my SV. But can't choose...

I can get the full Akrapovic racing line for 320 euro (= 220 UK Pounds). But it's a second hand exhaust (but is in great shape...)

And I can buy a NEW Devil exhaust high mount (SV 650 S 2000 SB2 CARBON) for 580 euro (= 398 UK Pounds)

The looks are very important to me and I like the Devil really much!
But the Akra is very 8) to...

Sound is most important. I think the Devil sound better... (some1 now how the 2 sound?) But the Akra = cheaper

So HEEEEEEEEELP what should I buy???

rictus01
09-11-03, 11:16 PM
If these system are "race" spec, they will need to be re-packed every 4000-6000 miles.
rivited cans require much more work to re-pack and will suffer more in the long term doing it.

You might want to try a Renegade or Micron system as both unscrew, so no drilling required to re-pack.
although the cost is slightly higher to start with they should be more durable.

Luckypants
10-11-03, 11:16 AM
I'm with Rictus, Renegades rock! :lol:

Roob
10-11-03, 11:37 AM
Have heard that Renegade are a good product,

BUT

I am an Akrapovic owner and have no reason to fault my full system at all

sounds great, looks great and is a high quality exhaust, only downer is that it's not a hi-mount, but does inc. ground clearance...

good luck in your search though...

frednuff
20-11-03, 05:10 PM
Devil is the most beautiful can out there.....

RenamedMonkey
20-11-03, 05:24 PM
I hear good things about the AKro's :)

jonboy
20-11-03, 06:50 PM
Devil is the most beautiful can out there.....

Hi Fred, haven't seen you around for ages, how are ya?

The Devil certainly looks good but I'm naturally biased and have to say that my new (and used!) high-level Remus is utterly georgous.

frednuff
21-11-03, 11:04 AM
Hi Greg,

Not too bad thanks. Been pretty busy work/study.

Haven't been on the road too much recently. Lining up to get an ACU licence next year and do some racing.

How have things been with you and your wife?

Sid Squid
21-11-03, 11:44 AM
Akrapovic is sexy and nicely expensive, but Devil is as cool as F***, go to an endurance race and you'll see they are definately the choice of the discerning noise maker, especially in France where Everybody has a pipe on their bike, even the Vicars Bee-Emm is loud 'n lairy.

Sid

jonboy
22-11-03, 10:20 AM
Hi Greg,

Not too bad thanks. Been pretty busy work/study.

Haven't been on the road too much recently. Lining up to get an ACU licence next year and do some racing.

How have things been with you and your wife?

Everything's good this end thanks Fred, good luck with the racing maybe see you come spring for a ride-out.

Cheers.

Jelster
22-11-03, 03:57 PM
Gotta go with the Akrapovic. The greatest sound I ever heard from an SV was one with an Akra... But it was mine :oops:

They are the mutts.

If you want loud, get an Art.
If you want deep, get a Rene or a Blue Flame
If you want "Sports" type sound & performance, get an Akra or an M4......

All the others are variations on the above......

frednuff
22-11-03, 10:04 PM
Great Greg. I look forward to it. I did a lovely 9 hour run through Wales in the summer. I hope the winter doesn't last too long.