PDA

View Full Version : So, who wants to come ??

Jelster
23-11-03, 10:52 PM
I need to start making a list of people that want to come.

May I suggest for a small comittment of say £20, which will go towards the ferry tickets. If you are serious about joining us this year please respond to this thread and we'll get an idea of who's going.

Raf
24-11-03, 11:22 AM
I'm interested.

jonboy
24-11-03, 01:49 PM
No I'm not coming. Wouldn't be my thing, all that riding around enjoying myself.

Okay, alright, I'm in, if you insist. Actually what appeals is the no luggage home base idea and the option of hard riding (no dear I'm not talking about the local French talent, please trust me) and the odd bit of slow-riding sightseeing (well maybe).

C'mon spring get a move-on, you idle bugger.

sexysi
24-11-03, 03:25 PM
okay i'll come just need to ask the other half, but if i get over that small hurdle i'll be up for it, will ask tonight. That is, if you lot don't ride to fast for me.
sexysi

Luckypants
24-11-03, 03:44 PM
I'd love to come, but it will all depend on finding another job! At this rate I'll have to sell the bike, not go on holiday with it! :cry:

That is, if you lot don't ride to fast for me.
sexysi

If I make it, you can be sure I won't be too fast!! :roll:

jonboy
24-11-03, 08:46 PM
okay i'll come just need to ask the other half, but if i get over that small hurdle i'll be up for it, will ask tonight. That is, if you lot don't ride to fast for me.
sexysi

Here's a tip, ask directly afterwards! ;)

sexysi
27-11-03, 09:56 AM
Yep I can come, just tell me when you want money and i will give ya some. Do we need anything special for a trip like this on bikes or is it just normal UK passport and European RAC cover.
sexysi

Magoo
27-11-03, 10:52 AM
Cable ties, gaffer tape, two screw drivers and a large hammer in case all else fails! :lol:

Si, seriously, just need to make sure that the bike is in tip top condition, these sorts of trips really sort out the serviced from the unserviced! Otherwise let Steve organise and what could possibly go wrong! :roll:

Hopefully be joining you all but will depend on Alek. Have been thinking about bringing one bike and one car and bring the little one but will have to sort out logistics!

Jelster
27-11-03, 11:20 AM
Have been thinking about bringing one bike and one car and bring the little one but will have to sort out logistics!

Bloody hell !!! A support vehicle :lol: :lol: :lol:

I think that's a very good idea, in fact, we could even look at helping out in the cost area, as it would be very very handy.

You & Anna could take turns too (you get the twisties, she gets the motorways :) )

Jelster
28-11-03, 09:05 AM
Yeah would definitely be a good idea to service the bike properly and give it a good two or three times over before leaving home! :)

Last year me, RIchard & Dan all had the bikes serviced (by our friends in Ealing of course) during the week we went, in fact on the Thursday night
Richard was still waiting for his at 7pm... Talk about cutting it close :lol:

They worked "overtime" to get a couple of bits done... Good lads they are..

geeksv
28-11-03, 04:15 PM
Count me in as a possible

Anonymous
28-11-03, 06:03 PM
Aye, suspect I'll be up for a bit of fun!!!

Dave

Avianblue
28-11-03, 06:09 PM
Guest!! GUEST! Now why'd it allow me to do that?????

Dave

Itching 2 go
30-11-03, 06:06 PM
ooo ooo can i come sounds like fun i should have suspension re-worked by then, new gear box, new tyres, and maybe mandy(me other half) could join in the fun on my pillion pad :lol:

Anonymous
03-12-03, 06:38 PM
Yes please I'd like some but I might be a bit slow!
Rich

RenamedMonkey
07-12-03, 09:26 PM
Count me in, this is just what I'm after :D some 'real' roads, with affectionate weather :lol:

Dr Rich, by then you'll be a pro! 8)

Topcat
07-12-03, 10:12 PM
I supose I'll have to force myself again :D all that riding around and enjoying myself :lol: no speed camera's and plod hiding in bushes with radar guns, :evil: all that sunshine 8) good roads without a pothole or manhole cover to be for miles :shock:. All that good food and wine and all that laughing and joking :lol: :lol: and all that having lots of fun with me mates :D :D :D its gonna be tough but if I've got to.................... oh go then I'm in :!:

Anonymous
09-12-03, 12:04 AM
hiya guys

I quite fancy coming along but am a bit worried about being the only female are there any other women going?

I will need to see if I can get someone to look after the kids as my hubby will be away at sea.

I will need toget a good map as i get lost everytime i leave the house.

anyway i will keep checking out the site and hopefully get along to join in the fun.

RenamedMonkey
09-12-03, 08:53 AM
I quite fancy coming along but am a bit worried about being the only female are there any other women going?

I my lovely may be coming as a pillion, although she's not sure yet, I kinda sprung it on her the other night when she was half asleep. I'm not sure how keen I am havnig a pillion all the time either, it'll be my first trip on the SV out of England. I'll keep you posted.

weegaz22
09-12-03, 12:34 PM
id fancy it as well but its gonna be a bit tight on my budget as i want a holiday and to go to the IOM TT and NW200, will let you know

jonboy
09-12-03, 01:21 PM
Nutty tart and Weegaz:

If you decide to join us then as you're coming half way round the world to get to Dover, if you want to come down the day before we can certainly put you up for the night (near Cambridge) if that would be easier.

RenamedMonkey
09-12-03, 02:34 PM
What do you want from us to confirm our attendance?

sexysi
09-12-03, 04:14 PM
I've got a 4 birth caravan which is about 2 years old on the drive with power, with heating, toilet, shower, tv, stereo etc etc. So if anyone wants to crash in Bexleyheath they can.
sexysi

jonboy
09-12-03, 05:26 PM
So if anyone wants to crash in Bexleyheath they can.

Maybe not such a good idea! ;)

RenamedMonkey
09-12-03, 05:57 PM
I'm going to be coming all the way from the other side of England, so a stop over on Thursday would indeed be an advantage and appreciated. If Dr Rich is also coming it would make sense to ride down together (both from Bristol but yet to meet!)

Anonymous
09-12-03, 07:31 PM
thanks for the offer of put ups. will probably be appreciated. longest I have ridden in a day is 350 and a wee bit worried about how I will cope. my butt should be fine as I have a gel seat but its the rest of me im concerned about.

will try and let you know for definite after christmas, need to sweet talk someone to have my delightful children - god parents, this is why you got the title, time to give up something.

Jelster
21-12-03, 08:57 PM
OK, round up of who has said they want to go.....

Definites in red
Possibles in blue

Steve Jelly - Jelster
Richard Miller - Topcat
Greg Wallis - Jonboy
Dave Rimmer - Avian Blue
Alan Boden - GeekSV
Nick Ayres - Nicks
Raf - Raf
Monkey
Dr Rich
Phil - Magoo
Anna
Damien - Omen
Si - Sexysi
Lee Simons
Luckypants
Mabs - Max Suzuki
Pete - Busaboy

Let me know if there is a change of status.....

Luckypants
22-12-03, 07:40 PM
Nutty tart and Weegaz:

If you decide to join us then as you're coming half way round the world to get to Dover, if you want to come down the day before we can certainly put you up for the night (near Cambridge) if that would be easier.

Or perhaps ride down to Hull and catch an overnighter from there? I'll most likely go from there too, if I can make it. I can vouch for the comfy beds on thier ferries! Probably a bit more expensive than a ride all the way down to Dover, but a lot less stressfull, seeing as there will be 7-8 hours riding on the other side too!

Anonymous
19-01-04, 05:30 PM
Jelly, The Green Meanie will be there. 8)