PDA

View Full Version : It's alive!!!! How long have you....

ronnus
06-02-04, 09:29 PM
Having taken a fit of guilt after last night realising I haven't even started the SV since December the 7th :shock: I decided to try and start it this morning. Expecting at least the battery to be dead and the carbs needing draining due to the fuel being old n minging, imagine my utter shock/delight when it actually started after a mere minute and a half of unconvincing choke/throttle manipulations, swearing, starter button prodding and whispering sweet nothings to the battery n carbs... Needless to say it got a nice tankful of super and some octane booster (to try n replenish the crappy old fuel in it) as a thank you!

So how long have u left your bike and still got it to start off the button?

Itching 2 go
06-02-04, 09:48 PM
So how long have u left your bike and still got it to start off the button?

well i normally leave my bros 400 just lying aroud for anything up to 6months what a bike never a problem starting

SVTONYB
07-02-04, 02:06 AM
I've never left her longer than a few days without at least starting her up.... she loves me for it.....never says no :wink:

Logie bear
07-02-04, 06:40 AM
After nearly 2 months, I did have the battery removed for part of that, she started no problem, first push of the button.
Then I rode 130 miles thru torrential rain to work, my trousers leaked like a seive, got covered in ****e after spending half a day cleaning her up before christmas.
Then rode back home in very cold conditions yesterday, surprisingly saw loads of other bikes out and about.
And I loved every minute of it. :D
Now to start cleaning again. :roll:

budgie
07-02-04, 08:46 AM
left mine from sept till three days ago, she was covered in fungi the battery was u.s and she had to jumped off the car but she started no probs, I PROMISED HER I WILL NEVER DO IT AGAIN, SOD THE WIFE AND THE DIY,cleaned and pollished her bought a new battery and tyre and im ready to go.

Luckypants
08-02-04, 12:23 PM
While moving house I left my bike in my mates garage for 5 months. He was under instruction not to touch her as he knows nothing about bikes. Picked her up when new house sorted out, she started on the 3rd go! Checked the tyre pressures and rode her from York to N. Wales to clear out the 'gunk' of a long 'sleep' and she's as happy as larry!

love this bike :lol:

Iansv
09-02-04, 12:29 PM
Its never gone more than 2 days of not being used and thatwas only cos of snow so can't really help, i give a bit of choke to start all the time anyway due to the cold

RenamedMonkey
09-02-04, 12:43 PM
Mines been sitting in the garage for most of January and I'm hoping that once it'a repaired it will start first time. Left it over Christmas period and it started first time, no probs - that was for about 3 weeks.

Viney
09-02-04, 03:10 PM
When i had my off last year, i couldnt ride for the best part of 3 months, but she started on the button, 2nd turn of the engine. However, a week later, she didnt! Flat battery! Oh, and that was with the alarm on for those 3 months!

She does get ridden daily other than that.