PDA

View Full Version : The 'Almax Immobiliser' & underseat storage...

Cloggsy
18-02-04, 08:27 PM
Does anyone know if I'll be able to fit an Almax Immobiliser Series II Chain (inc. Squire SS65CS Lock) under the seat of my SV :?: It comes in 1m, 1.5m & 2m lengths - What would be the best length to get :?:

It came top of the Locks & Chains tests in 'Bike' magazine...

Also, great offer on them at http://www.almax-security-chains.co.uk/shop/index.shtml includes a Defiant Ground Anchor (self installation kit), 2m Immobiliser Series II Chain. Squire SS65CS Lock for £200 (normally £300 so it says)

firestarter
18-02-04, 11:04 PM
You might be able to fit 50cm of it if you take the toolkit out - its bloody enormous. So in a word NO!

I've got 6 meters of it (2x3m bits), with the squire lock, and I use it to chain my bike to my ground anchor at home.

I carry each section one at a time to the bike - it's THAT HEAVY.

I bought the squire lock with the Almax - and picked up 1.5m of the Monster chain Oxford use off ebay - both of those just about fit under the seat.

Almax now do some lighter chain. If you want to fit it under your seat you might manage 1 or 1.5m of that with the lock.

Cloggsy
19-02-04, 01:48 PM
Cheers 'Firestarter' :wink:

I've been on the Almax web-site & the smaller chain is the one to go for 'on-board'. The Ground anchor, chain & lock still seems like a good deal though :D - digging up the garage floor to fit it doesn't :roll: