PDA

View Full Version : Riding with rucsacs?

Anonymous
24-02-04, 08:11 AM
Now, I'm going to be getting a tankbag as instructed. However, I'm thinking of not buying a tail pac and stuff because I have a selection of cracking rucsacs and travel light anyhow.

So people, tourers or not, whats the opinion on this? Good comfy rucsac ok over distance?

furkuk
24-02-04, 09:06 AM
I did a trip around the Pyrenees with just a rucksack, very heavy when stopped but couldn't feel it when on the move. Got tiresome by the end of the trip so for my next trip I am looking to buy a top box and tank bag, may not be cool but it will be comfortable :)

jinx
24-02-04, 11:37 AM
Had similar thoughts when I did Magnor Cours a few years back - ended up strapping my rucksak to the pillion seat as got fed up with it on my back

Jelster
24-02-04, 10:31 PM
Dave (Avian Blue) did exactly this last year.... Got fed up of carrying his rucksack so strapped it to his pillion seat.

I'm in 2 minds whether to take my small tailpack or get a bigger one. Will have to put everything in it and see if it fits I guess....

Damien
26-02-04, 10:43 PM
Personally I wouldn't take a ruck sack, it will tire you out after a few hours.

What kind of luggage is everyone taking?

I plan on taking a pair of Oxford Hump back panniers & probably a tank bag.
Never toured before. I'm going to do a trial run some time in March just to see how much I can cram in, how it all fits & what its like to ride with. I'll let you know the outcome once I get my act together.

Oh yes, definitely need to get a suzuki gel seat, that is if you want to avoid re-enacting John Wayne movie scenes at the local petrol station.

D.