PDA

View Full Version : Vague Front End

CJ
03-03-04, 08:20 PM
I have never had any feedback from the frontend of my SV, i ride it fast even so e.g trackdays kneedown etc anyone know how i can get a bit of confidence in what the front tyre is doing (BT010) heavier oil what type? different springs how much? currently on 4 lines showing on preload at front 5 at rear (2002SVS) Any ideas?

PBx
03-03-04, 08:37 PM
Never had any confidence in my front end (as it were) it always felt as though it was going to slide away. Then I got elmerfud to sort me out with a set of Ohlins on the front and set the suspension properly for me :notworthy: . Now the front end feels really planted!

Next I'm going to discover Smirnof :D

CJ
03-03-04, 08:53 PM
Went to the ohlins site but what do i buy????

PBx
04-03-04, 06:15 AM
The spring rate you want depends on your weight (measure it without leathers etc.) You can find a spring rate vs rider weight calculator on the racetech site. The std Ohlins spring (.8Kg/mm) for the SV is 'ideal' for a rider of about 13.5 st. I'm just under 11st and find it fine. So if you are in that sort of range then no problem. The matching oil for that spring is 10w.

Paul

BillyC
05-03-04, 02:42 PM
currently on 4 lines showing on preload at front 5 at rear (2002SVS) Any ideas?

I think you need to look little further than this for the moment... tighten up that front suspension... and you'll start feeling what's going on! Check the tyre pressures too - it all makes a difference!