PDA

View Full Version : would you accept this ?????????

Barty_b0y
24-03-04, 09:06 PM
ok i beleive tha father of all things cheap has bitten me like a rotty on steroids

long story short
A hanger was advertised on ebay as this

http://www.uploadit.org/Bartyb0y/7b_1_b[1].jpg

the description was this --->>>>

R/H REAR HANGER GOOD CONDITION

i got thishttp://www.uploadit.org/Bartyb0y/hanger2.JPG

my description ---->>>>

it is badly corroded on the footpeg,
the ball bearing check is seized,
practically requiring two hands to open it as opposed to one finger
it`s covered in dirt\slime or whatever it is
require`s at least a very good fettle up including painting
and doesn`t have the sv6@@ writing on it
also if you notice theres a slight white mark on the black rubber which isnt on my new one :(

ok the pic ive done has quite a bit of flash hiding how bad it looks but it does really look grubby its like an oil slime or slurry from a coal stocking site :(

ok i know i only paid like 28 of your ladies finest sterling delivered for it but thats not the point i think this item has been misrepresented and is not true to the picture or i think its description either

or you lot think im maybe too fussy ??????

views please on a postcard to

Bartyfeelspi$$ed.com

northwind
24-03-04, 09:08 PM
Absolutely not. That's not the item from the picure, surely... Who was the seller?

Barty_b0y
24-03-04, 09:10 PM
a bike breakers i`ll leave ther name out of it for the moment im waiting for a reply m8

i mailed them a snotty but polite one suggesting they mixed me up on somthing ;D

northwind
24-03-04, 09:15 PM
Yeah, that probably makes sense. Good tack to take, saying "I think you sent me the wrong bit by mistake" rather than "You ripped me off" gives them an out...

Ed
24-03-04, 09:29 PM
Even with flash Barty that quite plainly is not the same picture. You've been sold 'a pig in a poke' as my Cornish MIL would say - in English, a crock of ****e. No you are not being fussy. Don't drop it.

Mike1234
24-03-04, 09:59 PM
only paid like 28 of your ladies finest sterling delivered

Doh! I've been advertising a pair of immaculate rear foot pegs on this site for 30 quid plus postage!

Good luck getting it sorted.

carelesschucca
24-03-04, 10:49 PM
I feel like Sh*t now I made you pay more for that, than needs be, I was the scumbag that started bidding with 5 minutes to go, SORRY!!! I would have been serriously ****ed off if that footrest had turned up...

I'll say who sold the bum deal even if you won't,

NASHMILLSBIKEBREAKERS!!!

Remember the name the next time your looking at stuff on Ebay!!!

Barty_b0y
24-03-04, 11:31 PM
only paid like 28 of your ladies finest sterling delivered

Doh! I've been advertising a pair of immaculate rear foot pegs on this site for 30 quid plus postage!

Good luck getting it sorted.

wish id seen it i wouldn`t have bought this but by the photo its good in real life it sucks

and dont worry carelesschucca thats life chap i late bid more than you the best time ive got on ebay is a winnng bid with 6 seconds on it :Dthen it shut needless to say

ahh well

well i sent them a mail earlier pointing out the obvious bits above so ill wait and see as far as i see it if somone brought me that to prep and paint id want £20 quid im only going to chop the lug of and profile it so i havent got a hanger looking stupid i dont need the mount for the exhaust but that not the point i expected a swift cut and bolt on and wait till sunday and sort the rest but with this :shock: :shock:

tommorrows another day i guess :D

Red ones
25-03-04, 06:40 AM
Sorry to pinch someone else thread, but...

One of mine now flops down on it's own after a nasty snapping noise the otherday.

Are these easy to fix and make stiff again..

Vinyl - no jokes about floppy and stiff ones please

:lol:

Nekkid
25-03-04, 12:14 PM
Wait and see if they make good and send you a nice one or a refund. If not, trash them with evil feedback and tell Ebay they're mis-representing their goods.

BUT
Don't start badmouthing the breaker until they've had a chance to reply. :-#

Warren Isaacs
25-03-04, 12:49 PM
Not the same item, unless the first piccie was tampered with.

If they won't take it back, send them a link to that forum in the States where Will from Texas kissed goodbye to his business.

Cheers
Warren

Barty_b0y
25-03-04, 03:46 PM
Not the same item, unless the first piccie was tampered with.

If they won't take it back, send them a link to that forum in the States where Will from Texas kissed goodbye to his business.

Cheers
Warren

umm nasty but lmao

all for 28 quid i think not :D

Barty_b0y
25-03-04, 05:08 PM
Sorry to pinch someone else thread, but...

One of mine now flops down on it's own after a nasty snapping noise the otherday.

Are these easy to fix and make stiff again..

Vinyl - no jokes about floppy and stiff ones please

:lol:

if the bearing is seized cram some wd40 on it when it starts working again cram some grease around it but not too much or youll end up with grease on shoes

if the check plate is broken (what the ball bearing sits into ) get a new one from the dealers wont be much a quid maybe :D

MikeyBEU
25-03-04, 09:41 PM
If the bearing is seized... send it back!!

Definately not "In good condition"

I'd maybe keep it if they dropped to half price, but only if it was better than the one I'd got.

Mike

curium
25-03-04, 11:28 PM
ebay's a bit like that. Depending on the cost of a brand new one i think you just clean it up and be happy.

Barty_b0y
26-03-04, 11:29 AM
Ok so after 1 email 1 phone call and another email it would seem that nashmill bike breakers have agreed to refund me some money to bring the said part to a servicable item

So it would seem that they do want to uphold a good relationship with customers old and new and protect future business.

Which is a good thing.

However just make sure if its somthing you want they have got ask them-if the picture is a true likeness of the part before bidding leading to a purchase.

and maybe your bubble wrap will make you happy :D

Garry

sexysi
29-04-04, 03:56 PM
£28!!!!!!!!!!! Bloody I wouldn't have bothered.
sexysi

Cloggsy
29-04-04, 04:53 PM
A lot of people sitting on the fence as far as the poll is going then...

:lol: :lol: :lol:

wheelnut
29-04-04, 06:59 PM
We could all post negative vibes man!

That way they couldnt sell a thrupenny washer.