PDA

View Full Version : Northern/Pennine 'Massive'?

Cloggsy
31-03-04, 11:24 AM
Dou you Northern riders want a Northern riders get together/club/massive etc etc?

I've been speaking to Amanda & I think the consensus is 'yes', but can we have a show of hands & suggestions for a moderator perhaps :?:

As soon as we know what's going on, we can approach John & have him set us up :wink:

PBx
31-03-04, 11:32 AM
As I suggested in 'idle banter' We ask for a section called the 'Pennine Massive' it will cover the area of England coast to coast that the Pennines are found in. As the area is so big there will not be a single regular meeting place but the aim will be to arrange runs to suitable locations where we can all (or at least many of us) meet. Local more regular meets are of course encouraged. All those with an interest in the SV's are welcome.

I think its such a good plan that I'm even prepared to moderate

Cloggsy
31-03-04, 11:35 AM
I know, PBx... We need definate numbers though... You can have my vote to moderate too :wink:

Couerdelion
31-03-04, 11:54 AM
Yep I'm up for it.

Might even get some meets sorted for summer at this rate... :roll:

Baggies JIm
31-03-04, 11:56 AM
Yepp. if there isn't already an unofficial northern massive.

Jim

p.s. I know it would be a hike, but I quite fancy going down to meet the Soho boys & girls at one of their meets (Thursday nights ??). They'd have to get some real beer in mind, not that lager lime, tops crap! :lol:

Cloggsy
31-03-04, 11:57 AM
They'd have to get some real beer in mind, not that lager line, tops crap! :lol:

Good call mate :wink: :lol:

Amanda M
31-03-04, 12:44 PM
Yes, we should have our own group.

Amanda

Jabba
31-03-04, 12:52 PM
Please can I be an associate member (perhaps the wrong word to use :lol: ), as I'm a northerner exiled to foreign parts? :)

When I was a kid, my bedroom window used to look out over the Pennines in Derbyshire. I could see Kinder Scout (when it wasn't raining :lol: )

I think it's an excellent idea.

mikie
31-03-04, 02:53 PM
Speaking of which, Im up to Squires tonight for a brew.
Anyone else?

Jp
31-03-04, 09:30 PM
Yea good idea guys.

Im a lancashire boy myself, would be nice to have a proper club.

Im well up for it.

IBZ
31-03-04, 09:48 PM
sounds good, count me in if owts settled

amarko5
31-03-04, 10:10 PM
Dou you Northern riders want a Northern riders get together/club/massive etc etc?

HOW north do you mean ?

anything north of the watford gap or north as i call it lancaster and up :lol:

I am only 9 miles from the scottish border so i am still south ?

this is getting confusing ! ( head spinning time to lie down)

Amanda M
01-04-04, 07:49 AM
Amarko5 - I think what PBx said in idle banter covers it. The forum would cover the area around the Pennines. If you can make it down for meetings from Carlisle then brilliant!

The moderator should probably be Cloggsy and PBx cos I don't get on here enough :wink:

Amanda

Cloggsy
01-04-04, 07:58 AM
HOW north do you mean ?

anything north of the watford gap or north as i call it lancaster and up :lol:

I am only 9 miles from the scottish border so i am still south ?

this is getting confusing ! ( head spinning time to lie down)

Initially, it was North Yorkshire & Northeast... Then it expanded to Pennines...

Put it this way, you're further north than me, so, all (northern) comers (not in the biblical sense :shock: ) welcome...

Cloggsy
01-04-04, 08:00 AM
The moderator should probably be Cloggsy and PBx cos I don't get on here enough :wink:

Tryin' to say we've got too much time on our hands :?: :wink:

splke
01-04-04, 08:27 AM
Great idea.....Can't wait for 1st meet, lets get it sorted.
Cloggsy for mediator for thanks.
Anybody at milk bar last night i saw plenty of svs there ?
Nice bronze 1 with trick (well fitted) under tray.

Amanda M
01-04-04, 09:58 AM

Tryin' to say we've got too much time on our hands :?: :wink:

Would I??? O:)

Amanda

Anonymous
01-04-04, 10:03 AM
Just MO...you sdhould def have your own group if John agrees as the Surfers has really taken off. You guys already meet a lot, but your own group is a better forum within which to sort things out. Also up to John but I feel 2 moderators is somethimes an idea, particulalry if you want to keep rideout plans organised and sticky etc.

I hope you get this off the ground.

Cloggsy
01-04-04, 10:13 AM
I hope you get this off the ground.

Thank Doc :wink:

We'll see huh :?:

Moo
01-04-04, 10:50 AM
Everything sounds OK with me.

PBx
01-04-04, 11:13 AM
I recon that the group is quorate. :D

Cloggsy do you wan't to have a word with John or should I?

Paul

Couerdelion
01-04-04, 11:16 AM
Anybody at milk bar last night i saw plenty of svs there ?

Weather looked spot on last night so I got all leathered up ready to go then got a call and went to watch the football instead. Wish I'd hav gone to squires after watching that debacle :?

davyf
01-04-04, 11:23 AM
It seems all of the northerners are spread all over the place. Unlike the southeners who seem to surround London.

Baggies JIm
01-04-04, 11:29 AM
It seems all of the northerners are spread all over the place. Unlike the southeners who seem to surround London.

It may seem like that purly based on the statistical fact that London is so heavily populated, unlike Portsmouth for instance. It's a Probability issue. :shock:

Yeah In-ger-land were poo. Defoe looked tasty though. Surely Shearer is gonna come out of international retirement for Portugal. He'd be an even bigger National Hero.

Cloggsy
01-04-04, 11:33 AM
SHEARER = GOD

Says me, a Newcastle United Season ticket holder :lol:

splke
01-04-04, 11:53 AM
quote]Wish I'd hav gone to squires after watching that debacle :?[/quote]

Watched it when i got home .........Smithy @ right midfield !!!!! is the monkeys head Englands secret coach !!!!!!

Shearer ............. is he one of them barcodes from the CARtoon army :P

Amanda M
01-04-04, 11:55 AM
So, is our new forum going to be a football free zone :wink:

Amanda

splke
01-04-04, 12:07 PM
Go on then !!
buit i didn't start it miss :oops:

Amanda M
01-04-04, 12:46 PM
:lol: :lol:

Amanda

Anonymous
01-04-04, 12:49 PM

I RESENT THAT...... :wink:

Ill continue to poke my nose in until you sort yourselves out :lol: There, isnt that incentive enough?

Cloggsy
01-04-04, 12:53 PM
Shearer ............. is he one of them barcodes from the CARtoon army :P

Leave it, lets all remain friends - after all, it can't be easy supporting the best Div 1 team in the premiership can it :wink:

Sorry, couldn't resist :lol:

Apparently, Smithy is linked with a transfer to the Toon when Leeds go down :?:

Amanda M
01-04-04, 12:53 PM
Well, I'm happy with having a forum, it's all these blokes that are the problem :wink: :lol:

Amanda

splke
01-04-04, 01:39 PM
Don't ...........really it is too depressing :(
Smithy might as well go up there and join the other expats :lol:

Cloggsy
01-04-04, 01:46 PM
Don't ...........really it is too depressing :(
Smithy might as well go up there and join the other expats :lol:

I think you had all ought to thank Peter Ried ('s gotta F%*kin' Monkeys heed) for the trouble you're in - If O'Leary was still in charge, things would be different :!: He could manage, look what he's doing a Villa :wink: All because he fell out with the board...

Cloggsy
01-04-04, 01:48 PM
:oops: Sorry, this thread's gone a bit Pear shaped...

Partly my fault :(

Back to the topic :roll:

Amanda M
01-04-04, 02:14 PM
Yep, get back to the topic :wink:

It looks like everyone's keen for a forum anyway - 100% said yes!

Amanda

Cloggsy
01-04-04, 03:03 PM
23 users (so far) say 'Yes'

http://www.clkdesign.com/images/portfolio/id_delmonte.jpg

smgee
01-04-04, 07:09 PM
Make that 24...

There may be a bit of an East-West divide, but sounds good to me!

Rollo
01-04-04, 07:17 PM
I suppose I'm a virtual voter, what with living in Spain and all... But, hypothetically speaking I'd be in favour, what with coming from Sheffield originally.

A fairly useless intervention really :roll:

amarko5
01-04-04, 08:41 PM
someone once told me that haltwhistle or hexam (can't remember)

was the geographical centre of the UK so if above is central all of you are southerner's :lol: :lol: :lol:

timwilky
01-04-04, 08:44 PM
East west divide?

That bloody war of the roses has been going of for ages now. we only have truce when the mutual enemy is about. You know who you are.

the ones who drink flat beer!. :twisted:

davyf
02-04-04, 09:57 AM
Haltwhistle no not with that sneaky camera hiding behind the sign whilst traveling East.

svmad
02-04-04, 11:24 AM
Sounds like a good idea. Met the Soho Massive last summer. Definately have a Northern Massive.