PDA

View Full Version : What leathers?

fraser01
16-05-04, 09:37 PM
I am looking to get some leathers, ideally i am looking for a 2 piece set, but i do not have a fortune to spend on them. :(

I would be grateful if you could list what leathers you have, how much they cost and if they are worth your hard earned cash.

thanks in advance :D

Regards :D

Fraser

splke
16-05-04, 09:43 PM
RST Dark nice on a budget retail at £300
Got em for £200 at NEC.

Cloggsy
16-05-04, 10:26 PM
Sorry to be predictable, but seriously mate, check e-Bay... A lot of the kit on there is new/unworn & well worth a gander :wink:

http://search.ebay.co.uk/search/search.dll?query=2+piece&catref=C3&socolumnlayout=3&lotr=2&from=R2&sacategory=14784&BasicSearch=

rictus01
16-05-04, 10:31 PM
Get yourself up to the BMF show this coming weekend.

They normally have a few stalls doing seconds (nothing major wrong) for good prices.

Worth a look, and a good day out to boot.

Cheers Mark.

wigan650s
16-05-04, 10:37 PM
rst here,2 piece for £300 ish i got akito boots and arashi helmet alltogether for £400,very thick and soft from the first day,well armoured(i found the knee armour to restricting though so took it out)and the jeans are a bit to tight for trying to get your knee down but i'm not interested in that so they are fine.oh and they use the thin waist zips for attaching to jeans,which are fine for other rst stuff but most other makes i've found use the thicker zip(thats my fabric jacket up for sale then :( )

personally i'd advise against clothing on ebay as the sizes for bike clothing are so unpredictable,unless you dont mind risking having to readvertise what you buy and maybe take a loss

Cloggsy
16-05-04, 11:21 PM
personally i'd advise against clothing on ebay as the sizes for bike clothing are so unpredictable,unless you dont mind risking having to readvertise what you buy and maybe take a loss

If you see it for sale, go & try some on in a local store, then bid... Saves you all the hassle :wink:

enabb
17-05-04, 06:36 PM
Got a pair of scott leather duds 3 years ago at BMF, think i paid £100..
still good as new and feel top quality...

Highly recommended =D> =D>

amarko5
17-05-04, 09:47 PM
I got myself some hein gericke psxr 2 piece seem good quality and fit me well 229 if i remember rightly, uses the small zips on uppers and lowers.

one downer is a tiny and i mean TINY inside pocket in jacket only so you need a bumbag or tailpack.

other than that i am happy with them :wink:

fraser01
18-05-04, 08:33 AM
Cheers, i will continue my search,

popped into honda dealer yesterday and they had leathers that were half price....now only £350 :shock:

why is everything so expensive.. :?

"look luv, i like that blueflame evo for about £300"

"yes dear, £300, should happily re-do our bathroom, then after that is our lounge"

:(

Nut E1
18-05-04, 08:42 PM
Whatever you do don't buy "SPOOL" One piece leathers like I did #-o .
I went on a track day at Brands and High sided my R6 at Druids :crutches: (very slow corner) and my leathers just gave away at the seams really badly.
I even sent them back to the manufacturer and they wasn't interested, :****ed: so I got them mended locally and hope they won't fall apart until I get some new ones [-o< . I've been told axo are good for the money...