PDA

View Full Version : Blueflame Special Edition Mutant....I kept it! Pics here.

Anonymous
17-05-04, 03:26 PM
I asked for one of these:
http://www.blueflameperformance.com/bike/images/evo_images/5.jpg

And due to Blueflame obviously fobbing me off, got one of these...which is marginally more expensive. Oddly he tried to talk me into one:

http://www.blueflameperformance.com/bike/images/evo_images/8.jpg

My bike is blue (obviously). What do you folks reckon. Count my lucky stars and keep, or it will look crap, send it back...and wait...

Oh...and if anyone knows where to make the cut Id appreciate it as they had 'run out' of instructions :evil:

carelesschucca
17-05-04, 03:48 PM
I like both, Its upto you bud, the coloured one should look sweet on the blue bike...

Amanda M
17-05-04, 03:52 PM
Don't like them. Sorry. :wink:

Amanda

Anonymous
17-05-04, 03:53 PM

Amanda

Yes but if you had to decide.....

geeksv
17-05-04, 03:54 PM
I must admit to preferring the plain titanium one.

but theres not a lot in it really.

as to cutting the pipe, is there some sort of sleeve joint, with the can to replace the old one for MOT's etc? or is it a roadlegal one? If its got a sleeve joint use that to estimate the cut.

just make sure you dont cut too close to the Y joint. also I think its got packing or insulation in the pipe, so it may take some cutting.

Iansv
17-05-04, 04:01 PM
I prefer the plain but I hear more bad than good things about blueflame :(

chutz
17-05-04, 05:38 PM
I prefer the plain one but either looks ok to me. What bad things have people been hearing about them the?
And how much did it cost?

Chris
17-05-04, 05:57 PM
One example of the bad things

http://t3kgnosis.com/sv_phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=6811

Amanda M
17-05-04, 06:42 PM

Amanda

Yes but if you had to decide.....

:lol: Well, if I must decide then keep it. The colours are pretty :wink:

Amanda

amarko5
17-05-04, 07:57 PM
dr Rich the coloured one looks awesome when fitted KEEP IT.

as for fitting my instructions for my oval one said 50mm from the centre of the weld back and it went on no problems at all.

took me 15 to 20 mins including getting tools and tidying away.

go for it and get the circlips undone mate :twisted:

PurrMonster
17-05-04, 08:11 PM
Just got mine fitted, looks great & no problems except need smaller indicators - original ones are too close to high level pipe.

Not a problem as I wanted mini indicators anyway

wyrdness
17-05-04, 08:13 PM
There was a post on here the other day showing a blue one on a blue bike. It did look really good. I'd keep the blue one if I were you.

kinesin
17-05-04, 08:51 PM
Keep the blue one :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

and don't say anything http://forums.sv650.org/images/smiles/eusa_whistle.gif

RenamedMonkey
17-05-04, 09:17 PM
It's not really blue though is it :?: :?

Knowing the look your going for I wouldn't keep it, it doesn't go with the sleek & angled look you have already, the exhaust needs to be sharp, the plain titanium one would look the biz 8) IMO :wink:

RenamedMonkey
17-05-04, 10:15 PM
I've changed my mind after seeing amarko's, looks lovely, stick with it :D

rictus01
17-05-04, 10:22 PM
I know I've got a bike some would describe as a bad taste, but the multi coloured titanium looks tacky to me, the plain looks much more classic.

Just my 2p.

Cheers Mark.

amarko5
17-05-04, 10:22 PM
There was a post on here the other day showing a blue one on a blue bike. It did look really good. I'd keep the blue one if I were you.

Twas me and its here http://forums.sv650.org/viewtopic.php?t=8088&start=0

amarko5
17-05-04, 10:23 PM
I know I've got a bike some would describe as a bad taste, but the multi coloured titanium looks tacky to me, the plain looks much more classic.

Just my 2p.

Cheers Mark. :P :P :P :P :P :P :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Viney
17-05-04, 10:48 PM
Blue flame are crap. I rest my case

wigan650s
18-05-04, 12:35 AM

thats what we like a well rounded well constructed argument :D

however in reply blue flame are ace :P

Anonymous
18-05-04, 07:54 AM
Well, I did go into this knowing that views on Blueflame are mixed. Clearly they are pants as they even managed to send me a more expensive one.....I reckon due to a supply problem.

The verdict was I offered it up to the bike to see what it would look like and despite it being more blue than purple it looks very neat....I thought I would hate it as am a colour purist but I dont. It stays! Thank you for your ineptitude, blue flame!

Viney
18-05-04, 09:21 AM

thats what we like a well rounded well constructed argument :D

however in reply blue flame are ace :P

:lol: :lol: Well after my experience with the company, i will beg to differ. Poor build quality(Split 4 times), poor customer service, bad internal design(Resticted power form stock) other than that, they look good, and sound good. But when i purchased mine, back in 2000, it cost me £200 for a twin spout oval Ti, which for that money, i would have expected a much better product, oh and add to that, the fact they sent me the wrong link pipe(ZX6) in the 1st place and took 2 weeks to rectify the situation, at my expense! I dont like Blue flame (na do ya think - all)

Anonymous
18-05-04, 09:30 AM
If it craps out on me, Ill get a refund and try another...by which time I may have more cash for something more sensible :D
So Im looking at it as a loan can... :lol: :lol:

Viney
18-05-04, 09:49 AM
If it craps out on me, Ill get a refund and try another...by which time I may have more cash for something more sensible :D
So Im looking at it as a loan can... :lol: :lol:

You wont get a refund. You will end up getting a new can, then having to sell it. I threatend them with Trading standards and everyting. They said that they are obliged to replace the can, then if that delvelops the same fault, THEN, they will refund.

Cronos
18-05-04, 10:00 AM
My bike is blue (obviously). What do you folks reckon. Count my lucky stars and keep, or it will look crap, send it back...and wait...

Keep the can, but send your bike back and get a silver one instead........

....... you know they're faster. :wink: :P

Viney
18-05-04, 11:11 AM

Keep the can, but send your bike back and get a silver one instead........

....... you know they're faster. :wink: :P

Ding Ding...back to your corners please :lol:

Anonymous
18-05-04, 11:14 AM
Ummm....what...eh? Oh yeah....fightin' talk :lol:

Anonymous
18-05-04, 11:21 AM
Ive just noticed mines even more unique / cocked up......its coloured the other way around :lol: So its silver on the end nearest the link pipe and blue nearest the bodywork of the bike....I wondered what was odd / nice about it. Personally I think it looks better. Ill post some pics when I can.
I wonder what will happen next :lol: :lol:

Chris
18-05-04, 11:54 AM
[quote="Vinyl You wont get a refund. You will end up getting a new can, then having to sell it. I threatend them with Trading standards and everyting. They said that they are obliged to replace the can, then if that delvelops the same fault, THEN, they will refund.[/quote]

No problem with a refund here

http://www.t3kgnosis.com/sv_phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=6811

Well not yet, i haven't actually had the money credited back to me, but i was assured that it will be!!!

Dirty Baz
18-05-04, 12:41 PM
It's definately unique!!! a tri-oval, twin spout and the it's burnt the wrong way round (blue to silver!). Not many of those around! I love the burnt Ti look, but the plain Ti is just as nice!

I might be worried that you've got a factory second though Dr!! As in they were out of plain Ti cans so they sent you one which was destined for the bin cause the colours wrong?? Just a thought, I wouldn't put it past BF from what I've heard on here! I'd be sending it back myself.

splke
18-05-04, 01:46 PM
Like it ............................. :D :P

Anonymous
18-05-04, 03:14 PM
The only snag now is WHEN it fails Ill no doubt have a right way round one....how dissapointing! :lol:

Anonymous
19-05-04, 09:09 AM
So here's the 'special edition' :lol: :lol: It looks so right colourwise on a blue bike the wrong way around, IMO :D I do hope it doesnt fall apart!

What a difference to road user awareness....I am now a convert to the load cans are safe lobby. Sounds fantastic and very deep with both baffles out, had comments from 2 other bikers at lights today :lol:

From the side:
http://premium.uploadit.org/RichHelyer/bike-may-side-rear.jpg

From the rear (the can hanger needs some 'bending'..not a brill design
http://premium.uploadit.org/RichHelyer/bike-may-rear.jpg

Iansv
19-05-04, 09:11 AM
Looks pretty good, Hope it doesn't split too soon :)

jinx
19-05-04, 09:13 AM
Looks excellent

Chris
19-05-04, 09:25 AM
best of luck with it :roll:

Anonymous
19-05-04, 09:29 AM
best of luck with it :roll:

I know....we shall see. I dont like the look of the seam at all :?

Iansv
19-05-04, 09:37 AM
:shock: Already? Good luck

Dirty Baz
19-05-04, 09:57 AM
looks magic!!! :D you won't see many like that!!

is it road or race???

Anonymous
19-05-04, 10:12 AM

is it road or race???

Road legal. It has a plug in one port and a baffle in the other. Sounds deep but quieter with both in, louder and rumblier with plug out. Loud with both out. Its e marked on the can not the baffle...but I expect it will **** the plod right off due to that if they stop me with baffles out.

Cloggsy
19-05-04, 10:19 AM
Rich,

It looks sweet mate, I just hope it isn't a 'Friday afternoon' can (being as the blue bit is the wrong way around etc.)

Amarko5's really pleased with his :wink:

Good luck with it :D

amarko5
19-05-04, 09:42 PM

is it road or race???

Road legal. It has a plug in one port and a baffle in the other. Sounds deep but quieter with both in, louder and rumblier with plug out. Loud with both out. Its e marked on the can not the baffle...but I expect it will **** the plod right off due to that if they stop me with baffles out.

Absolute peach i like very much :wink:

yes i am pleased with mine and i also love the dual out sound although tried to pop em back in last night just to see if it was hard or easy. damn it was hard (note to self get better circlip pliers) sounds wimpish with them both in :cry: still louder than stock can but at least i know it can be done. :lol:

wigan650s
19-05-04, 10:32 PM
only gripe i have with mine is there isnt as much blue as the old blue flame coloured ti race can i had,i still love the looks and the sound though.looking forward to sunday so i can hear the can in motion on amarko's,also waiting to see what the twin cans sound like on a m8's sv1000 ibelieve theyre window shakers :D.toying with the idea of getting some pipework made up and putting a second can on the left side of mine

chutz
20-05-04, 05:52 PM
It looks good mate. One thing though, do you get a problem with the blue part of the exhaust overtaking the silver bit ? :lol:

Unless by physically attaching the two colours the blue bit can drag the slow silver bit along. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Cloggsy
20-05-04, 06:13 PM
... toying with the idea of getting some pipework made up and putting a second can on the left side of mine

I e-mailed renegade to ask them about the possibility of having a '916' style underseat job done on my K3 (They only do 'em for K2 at the mo.)

The reply I got was, sure they can do it... Just wish I had a spare £1100 :roll:

I do like the twin underseat job... The absolute dogs bo110ck$ IMHO :wink:

wigan650s
20-05-04, 08:44 PM
i'm not to keen on the underseat pesonally i like to see the cans,although i was taken with the vfr 800 ones(twin can,twin port tri oval type things)

i'm just waiting for a friend of a friend of a friend to come back off holiday to see if he can do the pipework then i'll have to get in touch with blue flame to see if they can do me a left sided can,or i could just get a pair of sv1000 cans and get the pipework made up to fit

mudge32
20-05-04, 09:05 PM
Mmmmmm twin pipes =P~ =P~

PurrMonster
23-05-04, 06:19 PM
Finally got a picture of mine.
What do yu think?
http://www.bikerideouts.com/modules/coppermine/albums/userpics/10002/normal_BlueFlame%20on%20SV650%7E0.jpg

wigan650s
23-05-04, 09:03 PM
it looks a lot better with the longer section of blue than mine has,cant say as i'm too keen on the angle of the high level i would of preffered it to follow the top line of the bike more,especially as it looks like you lost your pillion pegs anyway,however when i get round to getting a twin can set up thats where i want my ports to be so long as i can get the angle of the can right

just for info i beleive blueflame are working on an underseat set up,i'll try to get some more info this week

amarko5
24-05-04, 12:52 AM
Finally got a picture of mine.
What do yu think?
http://www.bikerideouts.com/modules/coppermine/albums/userpics/10002/normal_BlueFlame%20on%20SV650%7E0.jpg

is that a do it yourself :?: or is that the way blue flame supply high level ??

GSXR Carlos
25-05-04, 03:20 PM
dr rich that looks wicked, i prefer it that way round as it matches the blue tail section and then silver frame, how cool is that, now all i need is 200 penny's, i mean pounds :)

wigan650s
25-05-04, 09:34 PM
dr rich that looks wicked, i prefer it that way round as it matches the blue tail section and then silver frame, how cool is that, now all i need is 200 penny's, i mean pounds :)

200 pounds,what price list are you looking at they are closer to £300 :shock:

rictus01
25-05-04, 09:42 PM

For that sort of money you could get a real one :lol:

GSXR Carlos
26-05-04, 09:40 AM
i've got just about 60 quid to my name, so need the extra 200 :lol:

beans on toast for the next year me thinks, or i could get a real job ?

humm, NOPE :lol:

-C

my insurance won't touch me with anything that isn't road legal, not that the baffles out blue flame is, but at least i've got half a chance :)

Anonymous
26-05-04, 09:43 AM

I know Rictus, Im sorry and no doubt it will all go pear shaped...Im afraid Im just a tart when it comes to the bike :(

PurrMonster
26-05-04, 11:43 AM
Not sure whether my high level is as it should be or not, it was fitted for me by Fast Lane in Tonbridge.

When I ordered it I didn't actually ask for high level but quite like it. The bracket came from Blue Flame and (as noted) I have lost my pillion pegs. I am not bothered about that though as I never take pillions (bit too wobbly!! + cheaper insurance)

amarko5
27-05-04, 07:03 PM

I know Rictus, Im sorry and no doubt it will all go pear shaped...Im afraid Im just a tart when it comes to the bike :(

FFS stop whining :P :wink:

YOU bought it :!: no one forced you :!: and I for one think you made a great choice. :thumbsup:

I am more than happy with mine and have covered some 900 to 1000 miles with it fitted now :!: Baffles came out on day one :twisted: and have only been back in to show the pennine gang the difference :P

as for all this talk about it not being a proper one ETC. :!: Hell mine is a proper one. All this talk about them not giving any performance gain, Pah :!: It certainly feels like it does especially 3,000 to 6,000 which is where i like it :wink:

And as for the sound :twisted: Well just ask the pennine gang what they thought at Devils Bridge. anyway as I said :roll: More than happy here DR RICH you made the right choice and stop appologising to everyone :P :lol:

wigan650s
27-05-04, 09:02 PM
yeah theyre only jealous cause yours is prettier and faster :D

GSXR Carlos
28-05-04, 10:33 AM
just a thought, if the colours the wrong way, is it only the sleeve thats a misfit, or could the baffle be the wrong way round (is this possible)

otherwise this one looks better than standard :)

-C

Stig
28-05-04, 05:01 PM
Personally I think that yours IS the right way and its all the others that are wrong. It looks the dogs on the bike, I don't think you could have got the colours to match better if you tried. :thumbsup:

Don't like the shape though, never have. But the colour is brill :)

Anonymous
03-06-04, 10:07 AM
One point is that the can hanger for the tri-oval doesnt really fit very well. It came a bit loose on the tour and rubbed some colour off the can. Its not especially noticeable but for the cash I would have thought a slightly better bent piece of metal might have been in order. It looked a bit poor at the time of fitting and indeed proved to be so.

mudge32
03-06-04, 10:54 AM
One annoying thing with Blueflame, is that they couldn't give a flying f@#* about you once you've parted with your cash. On another note, I bought mine because Hizzy used them, only to find out that his were rebadged Termignonis :evil:

Suzie650
05-06-04, 04:36 PM
Dr Rich I think it looks very nice indeed! :D

I fitted a dual outlet oval can to my '99 SV and loved it! I have had some problems with Blueflame. Firstly, they sent the wrong conversion pipe (connecting the downpipe to their can). This resulted in my friend and me spending at least three hours trying to get a round pin into a square hole (metaphorically speaking that is) - obviously I though the problems were down to some secret mechanical proceedure we just didn't know about being uninitiated in the art of bike mechanics. When I rang blueflame and spoke to Nigel he thought this was quite funny but did send the correct part eventually (I was off the road for at least one week). Also, I had ordered a high level conversion which I have not got to this day - almost exactly two years down the line!
I havn't had any problems with the actual can (used daily for a year and a bit, many miles all weather) - just the customer service.
What is this about plugs to make the cans more quite? Where can I get them and how much are they?

mudge32
05-06-04, 04:58 PM
What is this about plugs to make the cans more quite? Where can I get them and how much are they?

They're fitted with the cans, I doubt you'd be able to retro-fit them on another Blueflame model. I've got a Dual Port pipe where the bung is basically a big grub screw that fits in the top outlet

Anonymous
05-06-04, 05:14 PM
Dr Rich I think it looks very nice indeed! :D

Thanks! :D Im still battling with the hanger, bending it a bit this way and that. Bottom line is its too large so the can can vibrate within it and its rubbed the colour off badly under and just a little each side of the hanger. Ive ended up putting some rubber under the hanger as a spacer. I may just get a new one made :( But it still looks nice. As just said the bungs/baffles came with the can.

wigan650s
05-06-04, 08:14 PM
you wont be able to retro fit the baffles as the entire evo 3 can was designed around the baffles being removable

although in theory the baffle should fit and would cause a reduction in noise,it still wouldnt be road legal and the circlips wouldnt fit but i cant see them being needed anyway

Suzie650
06-06-04, 06:50 PM
As mentioned my SV has been holidaying in the garage with a big feather duvet wrapped 'round her for the past year (long story). I spent today changing the oil and filter, fitting a new battery and generally preening and polishing. Since I can't re-attach the standard can just yet I had to start her with the blueflame twin outlet oval - the sound brought tears to my eyes (tears of joy of course!) :D . Very tempted to take her out for a spin but managed to hold off until I book an MOT etc etc. :cry:

Thanks for the info on the baffles - I suppose I will have to get used to having a really quite bike. The race can saved me many times when commuting through London traffic - but I can'y justify that amount of noise pollution up her in sunny wales - also I suspect the Heddlu would take a different stance on illegal cans than their London counterparts (I actually had one motorcylce police man compliment me on the sound when I pulled up next to him at lights having gone rather fast through the Limehouse link tunnel - before I saw him). :twisted:

wigan650s
06-06-04, 07:20 PM
i travel to north wales quite a lot(relatives in not very sunny rhyl)and run the evo 3 without the baffle or cap,never had a problem with the police or anyone else yet,it could be different in the villages though. i normally use the a55 or coast road,and i've heard the police are more than a little harsh in north wales

Suzie650
07-06-04, 03:17 PM
The north wales police :evil: - my other half accrued 9 points in the first two weeks we lived here - 34, 35 and 34 mph in a 30 mph. All offences committed before the first ticket came through :evil: - wish someone had warned us when we moved up here! Also, they have the lowest clear up rate for bulgaries and similar offences in England and Wales. Although I totally support having strictly enforced 30 and even 20 mph limits in residential areas (kids, dogs, cats etc) in north wales we have totally silly speed restrictions on perfectly ordinary roads that are nowhere near houses, businesses or schools just because it gives local councillors some inflated sense of importance to campaign for and waste tax payers money on them :evil: ! Getting a little carried away there - rant over.

SV-Sexy-virgin?
04-07-04, 10:56 PM
if your goin for sleek sharp and stylish (hey i just described me 8) (worth a try :wink: )) the plain is where its at but if u want the daddy go for the coloured + at more money if u dont like it send it back tell them they f*cked up maybe theyll refund u 4 the coloured 1 :D although iv heard bad things about blue flame and am quickly deciding to spend the stupid £600 on a twin high level carbon fibre system get what you pay for but i definatly wont be buying titanium it maybe light but shaving 2-3 pounds off the wieght off the can isnt gonna make 13 stone of bloke any quicker ?? :wink:

tj2
06-07-04, 07:17 AM
titanium it maybe light but shaving 2-3 pounds off the wieght off the can

have you felt how heavy that monstrosity of a restrictor is????????

:shock: :shock: