PDA

View Full Version : akrapovic full system

adman
19-05-04, 09:25 PM
with titanium can sounds absolutely fantastic and save about 5kg and adds about 4-5 hp without rejetting getting, it done soon

benHallowes
10-06-04, 06:16 PM
sounds good with the carbon one too, eh ad? :lol:

they're so well made and the sound is absoulutely mind-blowing that i had to get one for the 6! 8)

***** - highly recommended

/.

adman
30-06-04, 08:25 PM
the titanium has removable baffles the neighbours werent too happy when i fired it up at 6am to go to work, lots of curtain twitching :lol:

Iansv
01-07-04, 10:24 AM
Worth the grief tho!! its a must have now i need to replace my damaged exhaust, will be saving for awhile tho :(

Muttley
23-11-04, 08:53 PM
Had mine fitted last week when my bike was in for a service.

Lovely note to the exhaust.

A couple of days later the bike had the Rene Air kit treatment, awesome sound when you open the throttle.

Took the baffle out yesterday, Its loud and burbly, makes lots of nice popping noises.

Worth the extra dosh for those two mods. :)

UPSMAN
01-05-05, 03:02 AM
Does anyone have some pictures of the Akropovic on a K3, K4,or K5???? :(

Jelster
01-05-05, 01:15 PM
the titanium has removable baffles the neighbours werent too happy when i fired it up at 6am to go to work, lots of curtain twitching :lol:

One of the good things about running a 4 pot is that at tick over it's not a noisey as a twin and therefore the neighbours don't get too hacked off.

Had a full acro on my K1... Sounded the dogs...

http://www.urbanbiker.co.uk/galleries/images/steve/akra1.jpg

Muttley
01-05-05, 05:10 PM

You wouldn't want to see it now :(

Hit the Akrapovic site, they have pictures of the K3 on there.

I'll have to see if I have some pre crash pictures.

UPSMAN
02-05-05, 12:12 AM
I have had 3 FZ1s ( Fazer in europe) and I put Akrapovic slip ons on all of them and there is nothing that sounds better. I want a system for my K4 650s but it is a little pricey!!! about $1200.00 USD then you need to buy a power commander also! :(

Ceri JC
09-05-05, 03:31 PM
Do the stainless steel full system exhausts (specifically the Akrapovic street legal one) have better stainless steel headers than the dreadful stock one? I only ask as Jelster's one in that pic looks a bit rusty (could just be dirty).

Muttley
10-05-05, 07:19 PM
Any header pipe will get covered in cack and look shabby unless you are very anal about cleaning it.

The Akrapovic header on mine is nowhere near as bad as my original header pipe and it does tend to clean up nicer, still needs plenty of polsihing with Autosol or similar, but to be honest I'm not someone who spends ages cleaning the bike after every ride, usually its once every couple of months (I ride most days in all weathers).

Rune
30-06-05, 09:16 AM
Fitted mine yesterday. What can I say, WOW doesn't cover it at all. It came with a baffle. With the baffle in it sounded nice enough but with the baffle out it roared , it even spat flames :shock: when I was enginebraking. I guess the mixture is a bit rich.

All in all :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: out of five.

Vtwinlover
30-06-05, 07:15 PM
They do sound wicked had one on my first SV a couple of years ago, it felt so smooth even before jetting.

Then i went and crashed :cry: my beautifull system crumpled like paper (Titanium can)

If you can afford one get one and they look sooo much better than the M4's IMO :)

http://store.58cycle.com/photos/Akra%20SV%2099%20Full-2T.jpg

hall13uk
14-07-05, 05:29 PM

You wouldn't want to see it now :(

Hit the Akrapovic site, they have pictures of the K3 on there.

I'll have to see if I have some pre crash pictures.

there you arehttp://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y248/hall13uk/Picture037.jpg

FinSV650s
24-07-05, 07:59 PM
UPSMAN:I think you can change the exhaust on the k3-> if you go to a
Suzuki dealer who can adjust the fuel system. it is possible to adjuste it but how much i don't know. Have a frien with a K3 and Renegade and he did get his bike adjusted when he did dyno it at the local suzuki shop.

There are not that many who have the correct tools/equipment.

/Mats