PDA

View Full Version : Race or Road?

joolzthomas
21-05-04, 08:23 PM
I'm on a '99 naked with no mods at all and some guy who fixed a puncture said that my bike sounded 'sanitised!' :toss:
So that's got me trawling through eBay and the 'for sale' forum looking for tips and tricks that I can do at the weekend...
I'd love to get a can to replace the bog standard one and I'd love a race can for the sound, the 6 or so bhp increase and the fact that it'll give me an edge over my mate on his CBR... but then I don't race or do track days so I think a Road can would be better for the bobbies out there and the insurance lot.
Am I being too sensible or will a Carbon Can Company, high-level, oval, road and stainless still keep me happy?!
:riding:

Note:
This is not one of those 'what can shall i buy questions'!!!

Cloggsy
21-05-04, 08:47 PM
The CCC cans are supposed to be good... If you mention sv650.org when you buy one, you get a discount :wink: Good eh :?:

joolzthomas
21-05-04, 08:52 PM
very happy about the discount and have even emailed them already. :D

not happy that my picture/avatar didn't show up :(

Joolz

wigan650s
21-05-04, 09:03 PM
http://img16.imageshack.us/img16/8370/teach.gif

you have put the image tags in the wrong place

copy and paste the following url into your avatar box in your profile you dont need to add anything else

http://img16.imageshack.us/img16/8370/teach.gif

ccc road legal cans are excellent by all accounts i havent heard a bad report yet

joolzthomas
21-05-04, 09:35 PM
Thanks wig, worked it out and then came back and found your advice, ta!

You're right, I've trawled thrugh many many many many threads on cans and I've not seen anything negative about CCC, I have with others (as well as the positive too) but if it's a road can that's best for a non-track-day-tripper then that's the way I'll go. Won't the police readers be happy with me?!

I'm up for the CCC can... just got to smuggle the package past the wife and into the shed! I might just phone them up!

Anyone suggest otherwise?

wigan650s
21-05-04, 09:44 PM
you could go for the best of both worlds and get a removable baffle can,a few people have slated the blue flame evo 3 but i like it and had no problems

edcase
16-06-04, 08:25 PM
what other cans apart from blue flame have a removable baffle? also do they do high level pipes, anyone got any picks?

joolzthomas
17-06-04, 07:07 AM
:D
I'm very happy at the moment...
I bought a Scorpion Road e-marked hybrid can... it's new from them. It is a road can, road legal and has a removeable baffle which makes it lovely when you take it out. Very Happy. And it's high level too!
I got it on Ebay. It was new from someone who deals with Scorpion direct. Scorpion were the people who even sent it out to me.
So yes, happy and buzzing all over the place.
How many different ways are there of getting to work in the morning?

sexysi
17-06-04, 08:29 AM
To be in can heaven do the following.
1. Buy a cheap standard full system for SV £30ish
2. Buy a Quill T3 road legal can and use the front part of the exhaust you bought as a link pipe. This way the bike will sail through it's Mot, Build quality of the quill is excellent £100 ebay
3. Buy a Reni and link pipe, so you can ride around frightening little children £85 off ebay

Now you have the perfect setup, Reni stays on all the time for the sound, if you drop the bike in a crash, chuck the original back on, so the insurance guy sees just a standard pipe, and finally swap between the quill and the reni for Mot's and bike meets that you know will have police there.

Total cost £215

Perfectttttttt, not that I have done anything likes this
sexysi