PDA

View Full Version : Scorpion SS ova; road legal can.

Dirty Baz
27-05-04, 09:47 AM
Only had the bike since the start of April but always hated the sound of the standard exhaust. I was actually disapointed the first time I started her up! :cry: . the disapointment soon went when I rode her! :twisted:

For £199 I got a stainless steel oval road can from Scorpion, looking back it was a little bit expensive, I probably could have got it for £20 or £30 cheaper if I'd shopped around. Also, I was informed that they don't do the round can for the K3 yet :? seems a bit strange to me! Anyway, I decided to go for it as they had one in stock and it was next day delivery!!

Fitting easy enough with a small hacksaw and a few spanners! The bolt on the exhaist hanger was 11 but you don't get an 11 spanner in the tool kit! :roll: into the shed then!. The pipe has ended up a wee bit squinty, it's hard to get it lined up prefectly without putting a major bend in the strap. Finish is excellent and a quick polish with a duster brings out the shine. It sound 500% better than standard with the baffel in. And I can't tell you what it sounds like without the baffel because I can't get the bloody thing out! Although I'm informed a pair of vice-grips and some WD40 are all that's needed.

Recomended, but shop around and try to get it a bit cheaper than I did!!!! :oops:

Anonymous
27-05-04, 03:30 PM
road legal - you poof :lol:

Dirty Baz
28-05-04, 01:21 PM
:lol:

yeah I know!! it's poofy, but my insurance wouldn't touch me otherwise!!! maybe I shouldn't have told them? :roll:

wigan650s
28-05-04, 01:50 PM
:lol:

yeah I know!! it's poofy, but my insurance wouldn't touch me otherwise!!! maybe I shouldn't have told them? :roll:

then you crash,then they laugh when you try to make a claim,always better to be upfront with insurance if you ask me

Cronos
19-07-04, 05:06 PM
Just installed the vary same can! :D

Reasonably straight forward exercise although I'm not impressed with the fit of the bracket. :(

No broom handle required as the baffle just slipped out like it didn't want to be there! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Cronos
20-07-04, 09:16 AM
Reasonably straight forward exercise although I'm not impressed with the fit of the bracket. :(

Okay, I've sorted out the bracket and it's more like a fault of the installer :oops: than the bracket itself, which is a perfect fit!

Couldn't resist a blast down the A1 and up the East Lothian coast road yesterday evening to listen to my new toy. What a difference! :shock: :twisted:

Dirty Baz
20-07-04, 02:34 PM
nice one cronus, sounds great eh?!? :twisted: . if we're both at the next ride-out then we better not park next to each other cause won't know which bike is which!!!

and I'm definately going to bring my baffel along and show you how much of a ******* it is to get in and out!!! the bloody thing jams in the pipe, I think it must be a dodgy one.

Cronos
20-07-04, 03:11 PM
I'm definately going to bring my baffel along and show you how much of a ******* it is to get in and out!!! the bloody thing jams in the pipe, I think it must be a dodgy one.

Tell you what, if you're coming on the next ride out I'll bring mine along and we can compare baffles. See if yours has a bend in it or something!!! :shock:

Dirty Baz
20-07-04, 04:14 PM
I think we should leave it there!! :shock:

There's something inherantly 'odd' in 2 grown men comparing the bends in their baffels!! :lol: :wink:

greeno76
22-07-04, 04:11 PM
Mine just practically fell out too.

Also, Cronos, my experience with the bracket sounds similar to yours?

'Ears' of the strap go together, right?

Doh!

Cronos
22-07-04, 04:19 PM
Also, Cronos, my experience with the bracket sounds similar to yours?

'Ears' of the strap go together, right?

Doh!

Now you tell me!!! #-o

greeno76
23-07-04, 01:58 PM
Yes, I felt like a bit of an idiot when I called Scorpion demanding that they send me the right part :roll:

Cronos
23-07-04, 03:11 PM
Yes, I felt like a bit of an idiot when I called Scorpion demanding that they send me the right part :roll:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I just decided to browse some of the Scorpion can photos on this site to work out why mine was different!!! :wink:

unlucky rider
13-09-04, 08:52 PM
hello i am thinking about getting a Scorpion can did you Notice
any power gane from it.