PDA

View Full Version : Thanks to Steve for organising fab trip

Anonymous
02-06-04, 10:56 AM
Steve-
May I say thanks for organising this trip, thoroughly enjoyed it and hope to see some improvements in my riding when I'm not so tired :lol: .
Thanks to all the other guys as well for fantastic advice and company :lol:
Rich

geeksv
02-06-04, 01:07 PM
yep, I fully enjoyed myself.

4 days of sunny weather for riding through the twisties, mountain passes and sweeping bends, was great fun.

but travelling 500 miles in torrential rain for the return was not fun....that was the only thing out of Steves control.

highlights of the trip...

Hairpins!
Kev "Can I get my knee down" trickdup
hordes of SV's riding through Colmor - sounded like the Panzers had returned
Good food/beer in the evenings
Euro-Karaoki
some fool running out of petrol 300meters from the petrol station!

Good organisation - Nice one Steve.

Professor
02-06-04, 01:44 PM
Steve-
May I say thanks for organising this trip, thoroughly enjoyed it and hope to see some improvements in my riding when I'm not so tired :lol: .
Thanks to all the other guys as well for fantastic advice and company :lol:
Rich

Glad to hear that you are OK, Dr Rich. Hope Monkey is OK as well.

Jelster
02-06-04, 01:48 PM
Guy's, if I have to be honest, TC & I would have been going anyway, so all I had to do was work things out for a "few" more people. I also think that Damien needs a big hand too, for his language skills, and for finding that mountain decent/ascent in Ste Croix.

It was a pleasure being with you all, but my left shoulder just couldn't take anymore and I had to back right off on the M25 last night.

My highlights....

Taran falling through the bed in our room. I haven't laughed so much in years :lol: I was on my hands & knees banging on the floor with laughter, it ended up hurting....

The roads, and really finding my feet on the Gixxer - 164 MPH not me officer !

Bike swapping - it's alwas nice to see how other bikes ride, although I think that Taran's Trumpet damaged my shoulder with all that torque.

The food & drink, was excellent, although French service isn't what it should be.

The company, I was worried about having such a large group but we all got along very nicely. Although I think Kev needs to see a doctor about his legs, the moment he is more than 1 degree off of straight his knees pop out !

Guys it was a cracker, and I'm already thinking about next year :evil:

RenamedMonkey
02-06-04, 01:54 PM
I extend my thanks again to everyone of you, there's not one of you I didn't get a tip from, you all helped my riding even if you didn't intentionally* :D

I think the train idea is worth looking into for next year, that was just to far in weather like that.

*Dr Rich's 'don't brake and straighten up with a cliff infront of you :wink:

Damien
02-06-04, 04:27 PM
Hey guys,

I am glad we all got back home safely as we did up the pace a little on the M20 / M25 in the dark / ****ing rain!
Firstly, Steve, thanks for organising everything, I've had a truly fantastic time & will definitely be going back to France sooner or later. It was great meeting all of you. My memorable moments, amongst many, are:

The Swedish girls asking to take a photo with all of us Friday morning.
Drinking one too many cognac's, armaniac's, vodka, wine, beer, desperado's..... the list goes on.
Being too hung over to get up in the morning / the sound of 9 motorbikes leaving without me.....
Meeting ex 500cc GP Racer Philippe Coulon, I will definitely have to give him a call when he goes to Brands this August.
Food was, when I eventually got it, excellant.
Riding Steve's Gixxer & Dave's SV Thou.
Watching the monkey (infected) going spastic on the back of Rupert's bike.
The Twisties at St Croix,
Turning around & doing them again
Ditto a third time.
Allan running out of fuel 1km before the petrol station.
& Finally, the look on Taran's face when I asked him where my ear plugs were & he realised he'd just licked mine before putting them into his ears!
These are just a few.....

It all went by too quickly but I am sure we will have to arrange another trip. I will be well up for that & don't mind helping out.

Damien Omen.