PDA

View Full Version : Fly Design placy bits

Philbo
05-06-04, 04:36 PM
Woohoo! Finaly recieved my bellypan and rad caps from Fly Design! :D

Excelent feel of quality and workmanship throughout. Good colour match and finish. Good, easy, precision fit. Very pleased so far.

Compared to the Ermax hugger I bought, Fly-Designs parts win hands down. Biggest difference is the component fitting. Fly Designs stuff went on the bike with no fuss, and married up to the bike as if they were custom made for it......which I suppose they were......

The Ermax huggers good, but it was a bit of a struggle to fit as the mounting holes were a bit off. It will only go on if you fit the screws in a certain order! Finish, and general feel of quality was also better with Fly Design.

Bad points? They could have thrown in a couple of rubber washers to protect the paint work, I ended up buying some out B&Q before I fitted the parts. They aint cheap either, and it took a long time to process the order. That said, it was worth the wait, and the parts are exactly what I was after.

Overall...Tres bon! :D :D :D

http://server5.uploadit.org/files/philbo-flybike.jpg

will
10-01-05, 11:55 AM
hey philbo.

i have been looking at these belly pans for the K3 as well - did it come painted or do you have to organise that yourself. They've quoted me 210 euros + delivery but their english not that good and my french is worse so unsure if it was painted or unpainted.

how long did delivery take, and six months on how well has it stood up to general use?

thanks

Will.

Philbo
10-01-05, 12:18 PM
Hi Will,
I bought the parts painted, I'm not even sure if they sell them unpainted... The price sounds about right though, so should be painted.

6 months on...
The rad caps are still in excellent condition, no problems at all. However the bellypan has suffered the inevitable damage from a seasons worth of stones and other road debris smacking off the "nose" of the pan. I was pretty ****ed off when I first discovered those dirty marks that don't wash off were actually the fibre glass showing through. I suppose it's just the nature of the beast, although I would be interested how other pans cope under similar conditions...

Delivery took about 6 - 7 weeks from cashing of the cheque.

In short, I'm happy enough with the goods.

Let me know if there's anything particular you want to know

will
10-01-05, 12:26 PM
ta for the feedback. on that basis i think i'll go for it. did you send them a regular UK cheque or does it have to be a special euro flavoured one?

Will.

Philbo
10-01-05, 12:59 PM
Hi Will,
Needs to be a special French cheque, bank cheque, or an electronic funds transfer thingy, (that's what I did). He didn't do credit cards when I was dealing with him.

Mail him, list exaclty what your after, and ask who to make the cheque payable to/fund transfer details. He was poor at returning e-mails, so you can expect to wait a few days for a reply. You could always try that "babblefish" thingy, apparently it will translate your text for you. Might speed things up a bit.

Phil.