PDA

View Full Version : which is louder?

alison_w
24-06-04, 10:21 AM
road-legal Scorpion or road-legal Micron?

Any opinions gratefully appreciated :-)

Anonymous
24-06-04, 10:30 AM
Unfortunately Ive only heard the race versions of both, but if its any help Scorpions are the best sounding race cans in my non-biased opinion. Very deep at low revs and as someone pointed out an even sound throughout the range. My Blueflame for example sounds nice at some points of the range but the sound seems 'uneven'. I would get a Scorpion if they did a tri-oval.

Sorry this isnt so much help, but I'd be tempted by the Scorpion. Im told the CCC road legal sounds good too. Ake sure you get a removable baffle one though for fun days :D . Note too that many cans with baffles are down on hp from stock, but its marginal and real world riders wouldnt notice I dont reckon (flame me........ :lol: ).

sexysi
24-06-04, 12:41 PM
Who cares get either and a reni race can.
sexysi

Viney
24-06-04, 12:45 PM
road-legal Scorpion or road-legal Micron?

Any opinions gratefully appreciated :-)

Alison. Sorry to disapoint, but they will both be the same. Part of road legal legislation is that they have to meet an 80db@1M noise limit.

However, they might have a different tone due to construction methods etc.

HTH

Where abouts in S london you based? Check out the SELKENT forum for local meets and rides.

alison_w
24-06-04, 01:01 PM
Where abouts in S london you based? Check out the SELKENT forum for local meets and rides.

Thanks, I will do! Just up the road from Bexleyheath, it'd be good to get out and meet some of you. :wink:

H-Gerickemark
12-10-04, 08:55 AM
micron cans do not have removeable baffles