PDA

View Full Version : BBQ night

Stig
02-07-04, 10:36 PM
Ok, just so I can get a guess on the numbers that are coming I have made this a poll.

I intend to have a BBQ evening / night on the 16th this month. Just as a way to say thank you to everyone that has supported me post accident.

The evening will start as soon as the first person arrives and will end as soon as the last person leaves.

Nothing flash, just beer and burgers :wink: :lol:

jonboy
03-07-04, 12:00 AM
Count me in. Plus if you need a hand with cooking/food prep that's fine by me.

Looking forward to it. :wink:

BTW, is there going to be a wheelie and stoppie competition held outside? :lol:

Jelster
03-07-04, 12:14 AM
Will try and make it Si, but as ever, Friday nights are always a last minute thing with me...

Have made the post a sticky for you.

Stig
03-07-04, 06:56 AM
BTW, is there going to be a wheelie and stoppie competition held outside?

If there isn't then I will be most dissapointed :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sid Squid
03-07-04, 08:39 AM
Count me in.

Dunno 'bout the wheelie n' stoppie competition though, I'm useless at both.

Fizzy Fish
03-07-04, 12:08 PM
Have to check diary but pretty sure I'll be around - will be coming from Central London after work if anyone else is also doing the same?

Rossi_C
03-07-04, 01:31 PM
And he beat me to the idea of a Bikers BBQ this summer damn.

Will try to get time off work, sound great Si.

Comp sounds cool, but a little bit too extravagant for my skills especially having consumed numerous beers n' burgers!!! :lol:

R

CoolGirl
03-07-04, 02:34 PM
Yup, count me in. Isaac will be along too, so he can chat your Megan up :wink:

x

Iansv
03-07-04, 07:58 PM
If bike is back on the road in time and I can follow someone who knows the way i'll be there... :D

DeeJay
04-07-04, 09:18 PM
I will look at taking that weekend off from Taz... to be honest, could do with the time off.... so i will be there more than likely.... mmm beer...... mmmm burgers...... mmmmmmmmmm 8-[ :drink:

DeeJay
04-07-04, 09:26 PM
Oh, Ian, really is not hard to find.. i can meet you and take you.....

howardr
05-07-04, 12:22 PM
will be coming from Central London after work if anyone else is also doing the same?

I'll be doing the same - I'm by Tower Bridge - if you want to 'hook up' and ride out together.

Where are you going to be leaving from?

sexysi
06-07-04, 04:20 PM
Have to check diary but pretty sure I'll be around - will be coming from Central London after work if anyone else is also doing the same?
I could be up for this will come to work on the bike Friday and then go on the Rictus rideout and then the BBQ to wish bigape well.
sexysi

AlanSv
06-07-04, 06:04 PM
I might even get my good lady wife to drive, so I can wash a multitude of burgers down with some beer :)

Sarj
09-07-04, 01:49 PM
count me in :-)
S

Swiss
09-07-04, 08:54 PM
I will certainly be hoping to make it.

the_runt69
11-07-04, 09:59 AM
Sorry working nights so cant make it
h

PsychoCannon
12-07-04, 12:28 PM
i could always pop over and give my regards see how your doing (and bring some beer :) ) as your just round the corner and all :)

Can i take part in the wheelie competition on my pedal bike seeing as my SV is official a write off :)

Flamin_Squirrel
12-07-04, 01:01 PM
Should be able to make it. Looking forward to it 8)

Viney
12-07-04, 01:21 PM
I will be coming to chat Debs up ;)

Sudoxe
12-07-04, 01:23 PM
Room for one more?

See you friday

Dan

DeeJay
12-07-04, 03:52 PM
watch out ... the SV'ers are coming to town!!!!!

Stig
12-07-04, 04:39 PM
i could always pop over and give my regards see how your doing (and bring some beer :) ) as your just round the corner and all :)

Can i take part in the wheelie competition on my pedal bike seeing as my SV is official a write off :)

You sure you'll find your way here :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

CoolGirl
12-07-04, 08:29 PM

:roll:

Stig
12-07-04, 09:33 PM

:lol: :lol:

rictus01
12-07-04, 10:34 PM
Better add my name.

Cheers Mark

Grinch
13-07-04, 09:06 AM
I will do my best to make it up there..

Stig
13-07-04, 09:08 AM
Well all the spare beds are now taken. There is still room left in the front room. I still have a tent and two sleeping bags left :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Viney
13-07-04, 09:55 AM

Pah! :cry:

sexysi
13-07-04, 10:02 AM
Can't now make this one.
sexysi

Mr Toad
13-07-04, 08:37 PM
I'll pop along & say hi if that's OK :D

what's your address :?:

Stig
13-07-04, 08:39 PM
I'll PM you my address :wink:

PsychoCannon
14-07-04, 04:36 PM
nahh post it up on the public forum, you can trust us lot :twisted:

SteveH
15-07-04, 09:20 PM
Have to say would love to come but it's 50/50 at the mo, will know more later tomorrow :roll: (bad form I know)hopefully I will be able to make the little ride mark is doing too :wink:

jonboy
15-07-04, 10:02 PM
Steve, if you bike gets wet, the dirt will wash off, honest. ;) :lol:

Stig
15-07-04, 10:33 PM
** Black, naked and shiny! **

Yeah but what about your bike :?:

:lol: :lol:

AlanSv
15-07-04, 10:43 PM
bike off the road atm, :cry: dont think I'll be out tomorrow tbh.. sorry, have a goodone bigApe

Flamin_Squirrel
16-07-04, 08:02 AM
I'd like to say hi too if thats alright :!:

Could you PM me your addy please Mr Ape :?: 8)

Iansv
16-07-04, 10:15 AM
Unable to make it i'm afraid mate, Bike off road till at least tuesday, hope it all goes swimmingly :lol:

Nut E1
16-07-04, 10:30 AM
Bugger thats today :****ed:
My missus is going out tonight with her mates and I have to look after Loris and the dog...
Hope it all goes well and I'll have a beer and my own wheelie comp on the boy's rocking motorbike that he's got...
It would have been nice to meet some more members, I met some doing the track day at Brands yesterday...
Have a good 'un... :rave:

Rob S (Yella)
16-07-04, 12:26 PM
Yay

Looks like I get the car this afternoon/early evening if all goes to plan.

Which means if it's not to late I can come and share a burger and a diet coke. So let me know if its not to late and name the time and the place and I will see if I can drive that far.

Ok 4 wheels is boring compared to 2 but it's a start.

Fizzy Fish
16-07-04, 02:20 PM
BigApe, I'll be coming along if I can find out where to go!

Please could you (or anyone else in the know) PM me your address?

Stig
16-07-04, 02:24 PM
BigApe, I'll be coming along if I can find out where to go!

Please could you (or anyone else in the know) PM me your address?

PM sent :wink:

Stig
16-07-04, 02:49 PM
Argh F*ck off rain :x :x :x :x :x

Flamin_Squirrel
16-07-04, 02:50 PM

D'oh!

Been dry here all day, was lookin forward to a nice ride up :?

Stig
16-07-04, 02:51 PM

D'oh!

Been dry here all day, was lookin forward to a nice ride up :?

Must have heard me. The sun has just burst through :) :D :D :D

pete m
16-07-04, 02:54 PM
im hoping to come

can you pm time, place and rideout details

cheers

pete cb600

Stig
16-07-04, 02:59 PM
Rideout details are here
http://forums.sv650.org/viewtopic.php?t=10340

Have pm'd you my home address details :thumbsup:

Oneiros
16-07-04, 03:25 PM
I might be able to make it out to say hi.
I'm waiting on a call from the US at the moment so assuming the don't leave it till 5:30 there time I should be able to make it. Probably won't make the rideout though so if you could pm me with the details that would be great.

Stig
16-07-04, 03:30 PM
I might be able to make it out to say hi.
I'm waiting on a call from the US at the moment so assuming the don't leave it till 5:30 there time I should be able to make it. Probably won't make the rideout though so if you could pm me with the details that would be great.

PM sent :thumbsup:

CoolGirl
17-07-04, 08:34 AM
Si

thanks for having us all over - what a great turnout. Sorry I left before the stunts began. Who won? :lol:

I'm impressed by the way you orgnaised the parking. Maybe the Massive should move the Friday night meet to Stanmore :shock:

Debs x

Sudoxe
17-07-04, 09:09 AM
Cheers SI for the great night.

It was good to finally see some of the 'massiv and selkenters out, lots of new faces (for me, anyway).

Now...whos doing the next one :wink:

jonboy
17-07-04, 09:32 AM
Si, it was a crap evening and I won't come again. :lol:

No it was a lot of fun, booze, food and great people. Then sitting outside and talking till 2.30am is certainly my idea of fun (nice to finally meet Sally and Vince (?) too). Thank you so much for all the effort you (well alright Jo!) put it into organising and doing stuff. And also for putting me up for the night, made drinking a no-worry event, cheers.

Must get another BBQ in (at least) before the end of the summer (anyone seen this?) and I'm more than happy to offer facilities this end.

On a downer Mark's headache definitely turned into a serious migraine on the ride back, as he was holding his head in his hands at traffic lights, though thankfully not far from where his mum lives. Hope you feel better quickly Mark.

Stig
17-07-04, 09:44 AM
Why is everyone thanking me :?: :?: :?: :shock:

It was my way of THANKING YOU LOT for the support that you all gave me and Jo when the chips were down :thumbsup:

Again thanks all for turning up :wink: A little practise is needed though by a few as to how to make a very annoying and loud exit. :lol: :lol:

Thanks for Greg and Mark doing it properly. Nice and early on a Sat morning. Well done :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mark, hope you recover soon :(

pete m
17-07-04, 02:34 PM
excellent do Si, Jo and frying man (forgotten your name :cry:) , thanks a lot for all you efforts, packed fridge etc, looked like you had some left overs for today ...

just sorry you had some lay abouts crashing out on you :( , v bad luck..

Pete CB600 :D :D :D :D

Oneiros
17-07-04, 03:22 PM
Thanks for a great night.
it was good to see you looking so fit so soon, and nice to meet a few more faces.
Hopefuly, next time you will be well enough to teach us noobs how to pull off a desent exit :wink:

Flamin_Squirrel
17-07-04, 06:07 PM
Good evening, well worth the trip. Thanks 8)

rictus01
18-07-04, 01:25 AM
Just surfaced again from the migraine.That's the whole day down the tubes, you'd think after 40 year worth I'd be better at handling them!.

Anyway, thanks for a very enjoyable evening and as Greg said, putting me up for the night.

Quite a good turn out,must have got the neighbours talking :shock: .

I'll give you a shout next I'm round your way, to get the kettle on.

Cheers Again, Mark.

Rossi_C
18-07-04, 07:09 AM
Damn fellas, sounded like a cool night
***Holding head in shame I couldn't get down because of work***

Sorry I couldn't get down Si, but the criminals wouldn't let me have the night off. Still it was probably for the best - saved the winner of the wheelie and stoppie competitions getting police fines!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hope to see you soon, hope your feeling better too mate!

Take it easy bro!

Sid Squid
18-07-04, 10:39 AM
Si and Jo: Thank you both very much for an excellent evening.

Especially for the Strawberry pie, which was gorgeous.

Sorry about my exit which was clearly nowhere near as noisy and offensive as you would have liked.

DeeJay
18-07-04, 06:11 PM
Cheers Si..... had a great night.... with no hangover.....

Was good to meet so many people from the site....

howardr
19-07-04, 08:34 AM
Sorry I didn't get there - sounds like it was a good 'do'.

Apologies to RizlaSV - got your message too late to respond. Out of the office training for two days :roll:

I'll definitely try and get to the next one (hint, hint) :lol:

Viney
19-07-04, 11:26 AM
Why is everyone thanking me :?: :?: :?: :shock:

It was my way of THANKING YOU LOT for the support that you all gave me and Jo when the chips were down :thumbsup:

In that case, id like to thank me, my mum and dad, thier parents, my agent, my next dorr neighbours cat, the food i ate the day before....

Na cheers for making us feel appreciated. Good to meet up with everyone. Myself and SwissT had a 'sprited' ride back down the Edgware road. A good night by all.

micromouse
19-07-04, 12:59 PM
Typical ait it!! I am away for a few weeks...decided to bring the g/f down to Soho on the back of the bike to show you all off and bugger.... I didn't check the board and missed the BBQ :-( soho was nice though.

MM

jonboy
19-07-04, 01:42 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol:

I knew there'd be somebody! ;)

Oh well, there's always next time Wayne.

micromouse
19-07-04, 01:49 PM
Thanks Jon!!!!

you will be pleased to know that the lovely topbox that you all have lusted over is now back on the bike..... for some reason the g/f wanted something to lean against!!!

MM

jonboy
19-07-04, 01:53 PM
Oh no! :roll:

Please consider this to be your first written warning. :twisted: :lol:

goode262
20-07-04, 11:17 AM
Thanks for a great night Simon, you have a lovely family.

Was good to see everyone again.

see you all later,
Craig