PDA

View Full Version : Ladies boots, getting the right size

Old Codge
12-07-04, 08:53 PM
Hello all

I am looking for a good pair of ladies boots in size 6, but with a decent amount of ankle and calf room. Strangely enough on this occasion it's not for me :shock: but my much better half. All calf length boots we've tried so far have been too tight around the calf, and some too tight across the bridge of the foot. It seems like all the manufacturers just scale the calf measurements from the sole dimensions. Tried Oxtar, Dainese, Alpinestars, belstaff, and Hein Gericke.

All we seem to be left with at the moment are ankle boots. Any help you can offer would be gratefully received.

Thanks

Biggles
19-07-04, 12:49 PM
Oh yes - got a brilliant pair of Daytona Lady GRX (or some letters like that). They have zips both sides puls velcro on the calfs and are really good boots. Plus - for the vertiaclly challenged like me - they have an inbuilt 1" lift so I can actually touch the ground on my blade and go flat footed on the SV.

Retail is £215 but try slickrider.com (may be slickbiker - can't recall) who are seeling them at £185 inc vat and delivery. Ordered my on Thursday and they were with me on the Saturday. Brilliant service. :lol: :lol:

Patch
19-07-04, 12:52 PM
I would suggest looking at the Daytona Ladies range. They are an excellent make but pricey. Having said that they will last a very long time done over 30,000 miles in mine and they look brand new.

The other choice would be a set of Altbergs. As these are made to measure they should be able tyo get it spot on.

wsmud
26-07-04, 01:21 PM
Try Frank Thomas Aqua Pore- I have a pair in size 6 and they are higher than ankle but not full length - they must be generous as they fit round my larger than average calf. Very comfy to walk in and give a good extra inch (ooh eer!) £89.

Hope this is helpful.

Old Codge
28-07-04, 07:25 PM
:D Thanks for the advice everyone

We eventually ended up with a pair of Hein Gericke shelltex boots. They were plenty generous aroujnd the calf, have a nice high bridge and should be waterproof as well.

We hadn't tried the cheaper end of the scale at H G before, and the sales team at the Chester shop were really helpful - much better than at the branch we normally visit. We'll let everyone know how well they wear, but at £89 they seem like good value to me.

Cheers & Safe Home - Codge

Last Action Pimp
28-07-04, 08:15 PM
Hello all

I am looking for a good pair of ladies boots in size 6, but with a decent amount of ankle and calf room. Strangely enough on this occasion it's not for me :shock: but my much better half. All calf length boots we've tried so far have been too tight around the calf.

i had that same problem, try sidis i dont know if they do ladys size 6. i know they go to size 14 mens lol