PDA

View Full Version : Jonboy's great idea...

Jelster
17-07-04, 11:33 AM
Must get another BBQ in (at least) before the end of the summer (anyone seen this?) and I'm more than happy to offer facilities this end.

Right then, I have a gas BBQ, and a normal one, both of which I'm prepared to make "mobile", so how about us finding a suitable location and meeting for an end of year (well summer) do on a Sunday ? Somewhere like Windsor Gt park (but you can't have BBQ's there), that type of place ?? Make it a family day ???

What do you think ???

jonboy
17-07-04, 11:51 AM
Sounds good to me, the more we have the better!

As for a family day, well I shall come on the bike but am happy to see all and sundry. I'm also happy to cook, assist or whatever.

Somewhere accessible to as many as possible and not too distant would be good. I'll have a Google ;).

Oneiros
17-07-04, 12:11 PM
Sounds like a great idea so long as I don't have to bring my family!!

Stig
17-07-04, 12:40 PM
:thumbsup:

Mr Toad
17-07-04, 07:16 PM
How about Boxhill :?: - not down by the cafe, but up the top, where there are several car parks hidden in the trees, nice view, etc.
National Trust area so BBQ's might be on their list of no-no's, but I could check it out :D

Iansv
17-07-04, 07:42 PM
Beach BBQ ?

CoolGirl
17-07-04, 09:28 PM
bring it on. definitely due a Soho family day out - one of those things that everyone mumbles about as a good idea but never gets around to organising (me included).

Can we start chucking some dates about. I'm riding in France August bank holiday w/end, back on 3 Sept. So maybe Sunday 5th Sept, which just happens to be my birthday (and it never rains). Or should we try for sooner?

Happy to get involved in organising.

Jelster
17-07-04, 09:58 PM
bring it on. definitely due a Soho family day out - one of those things that everyone mumbles about as a good idea but never gets around to organising (me included).

Can we start chucking some dates about. I'm riding in France August bank holiday w/end, back on 3 Sept. So maybe Sunday 5th Sept, which just happens to be my birthday (and it never rains). Or should we try for sooner?

Happy to get involved in organising.

I'm on leave last 2 weeks of August as well, did everybody know we were going together :lol: so I was thinking first weekend in September, as long as there's no major race meeting on.

I don't fancy carrying my bloody great gas bottle up the top of some hill, but we could do Newlands Corner, have to check out if you can BBQ there....

Oneiros
18-07-04, 01:50 AM

The weekend of the 4th-5th Sept is good for me. I'm fencing in St. Petersburg from the 10th to the 20th of september.

Not sure how good a turn out we'd get in August. I expect most people will be taking holidays. I may be in Edinburgh for the festival one weekend in August.

Rossi_C
18-07-04, 06:39 AM
Buckingham Palace? (I'm sure Queeny wont mind!)

Love to say my place, but no room for wheelie comps etc.......

Still, well up for it, dont mind helping out too......

R

jonboy
18-07-04, 04:53 PM
The idea of a beach party does sound rather good. South Coast anyone?

Sid Squid
19-07-04, 04:31 PM
Down the coast sounds excellent!! :D

Stig
19-07-04, 06:18 PM
Down the coast sounds excellent!! :D

Thirded :thumbsup:

Mr Toad
20-07-04, 09:00 AM
South Coast sounds great to me
I have a car so can carry the heavy items, although not sure if I can fit the BBQ in :shock:

Whereabouts :?:

Beachy Head (nice view, bit windy)

Littlehampton (sandy beach to the west of town)

Selsey Bill (my brother lives there, I'm sure we could hi-jack his BBQ :lol: , nice roads on the way down)

Southsea also has a good beach & seafront

Nut E1
20-07-04, 10:54 AM
I'm fencing in St. Petersburg from the 10th to the 20th of september.
Ten days fencing???
Thats got to be a long fence your building...
or are you painting it too????

Iansv
20-07-04, 11:39 AM
Sounds like a go for the beach then...

Slenver
20-07-04, 12:38 PM
Ten days fencing???

Sounds long if he's fencing in all of St Petersburg

Anonymous
20-07-04, 01:10 PM
There seems to be a contradiction in terms in the subject title of this thread :wink: :D

jonboy
20-07-04, 01:53 PM
Well thankee so much! :twisted: :lol:

Oneiros
20-07-04, 03:28 PM
Ten days fencing???

Sounds long if he's fencing in all of St Petersburg

If I where to be building a fence arround Peter and Paul Fortress It might well take 10 days. but as its a fortress I doubt they need another fence. wot with the massive stone walls and all.

but I'm sure you all realised I meant more Errol Flynn than Handy Andy.

Avianblue
20-07-04, 03:56 PM
I hear Errol was notorious for his fencing. Not your usual sword though! :?

Oneiros
20-07-04, 04:10 PM
I hear Errol was notorious for his fencing. Not your usual sword though! :?

I think I know which sword you are refering to. Might unsheath that weapon while I'm over there but that wasn't the purpose of the trip :wink:

Sid Squid
20-07-04, 05:43 PM
There seems to be a contradiction in terms in the subject title of this thread :wink: :D

Somebody had to say it.

Jelster
31-07-04, 11:45 AM
So, what / where / when ? We need to decide these 3 "little" issues and take action.

Gregg, as you are now one of the "untouchables" on this forum, will we all be expected to bow when we meet you in future ? :notworthy:

jonboy
31-07-04, 12:52 PM
Yes. :lol: :wink:

As for venue, well if we're going to have a beach BBQ (whch sounds like a brilliant idea) then somewhere on the south coast that will allow us to do that (or can you do that on any beach?). Preferably somewhere that's reachable for most, so best to exclude Devon/Cornwall etc on this particular occasion.

And as for when, well it'll have to be August I reckon but of course this means that a lot of people will be on holiday, so we're not going to be able to please everyone. How about a Saturday and then party deep into the night around the camp fire and crash out into a sleeping bag? Not normally my kind of thing (a comfort wuss) but hell, why not? :wink:

So it's the 7th, 14th, 21st or 28th. If you could make this post into a poll Steve that would be great and let's see when most folks are available.

Alternatively, something like the second week of September is feasible once the kids have gone back to school but the weather isn't likely to be as good.

pete m
03-08-04, 02:27 PM
I suggest Sat 14th , Beechy Head, & we can all have fun getting there too !

Pete hairdryer

Jelster
03-08-04, 02:40 PM
Have now updated with a Poll, as per Gregs request.

jonboy
03-08-04, 02:42 PM
Yes but it doesn't have a beach does it. :roll: Eastbourne beach the east side (closest to BH) maybe but we will need to be able to BBQ and bed down and I think it unlikely that Eastbourne council (or whoever) would allow this as they're a stuffy lot I suspect.

Stig
03-08-04, 02:48 PM
I haven't entered a date because I don't really mind when we go. Although my state affairs with my finances and now bike-less and car-less makes things rather difficult but we will see. Maybe another entry on the poll that reads any date is good with me, I'll go with the flow? :wink: :wink:

Stig
03-08-04, 03:02 PM
Well there is always my Gaff again :wink: :wink: :wink:

The two neighbouring gardens are still empty so plenty of places to pitch tents :) :)

Then of course I do have use of that rather big BBQ as well.

Oh and I have the Gazebo's incase the weather is not as nice as it was last time :wink:

Plus we have somewhere to keep the beer cool, oh and somewhere to go for a number 1 and number 2

Just an idea that's all :wink: :wink:

Don't know what Jo thinks to my brilliant idea, cause I havn't asked her yet :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

jonboy
03-08-04, 03:14 PM
Well if you could supply a couple of buckets of sand too it's starting to sound appealing. :lol:

RenamedMonkey
03-08-04, 04:00 PM
Well if you could supply a couple of buckets of sand too it's starting to sound appealing. :lol:

Throw a sprinkler in there and your on a roll! :lol:

Rossi_C
09-08-04, 07:42 PM
Dont mind which date, I think I will be able to get the day off work. This sounds like great stuff.

Just hope I can keep up for those cold beers around a warm campfire.

Nice

Jelster
09-08-04, 09:37 PM
Right then, seems like the 6th September has the verdict. I'm going to be on holliday the previous 2 weeks so would anybody like to take charge of the organisation (waits for dealy silence). And as Greg has suggested, maybe the Saturday night (5th) would actually be better.

I also have another confession :oops: I now have a business meeting in Berlin on the following Monday and must fly out on the Sunday evening, so a do on the Sunday night do is out of the question for me anyway....

Volunteers please.....

Mr Toad
13-08-04, 05:39 PM
Volunteers please.....

. . . tumbleweed rolls by . . .

. . . a dog barks in the distance . . .

:wink:

Jelster
14-08-04, 07:21 AM
I'm not going to be able to make it at all as we have domestic stuff to take care of when we get back too.

Somebody needs to take up the challenge...

CoolGirl
14-08-04, 09:18 AM
I'll get involved as far as I can (it is my birthday party after all) but we'll be in France until Friday 3rd September, so need to have plans finalised a week beforehand.

To be clear, the dates that weekend are Saturday 4th and Sunday 5th.

I'm happy to organise food for a Sunday lunchtime barbie. Probably best if either one person does it all and charges a few quid per head to cover the cost, or we do a 'pot luck' and everyone brings something. I prefer the former as it's logistically easier as long as we know the numbers (which I won't need to know until the day before).

If others can volunteer to figure out venue, route and meet times/places, that'd be a start. Bear in mind that some people will only be able to do the Sunday.

Debs

Coolboy
14-08-04, 09:06 PM
I'm good with that and will help babe.

X

pegasus
17-08-04, 09:13 AM
hi, im new to the scene but would love to attend your beach party if you dont mind a nakid sv-650 turnin up

jonboy
17-08-04, 10:37 AM
...if you dont mind a nakid sv-650 turnin up

Is there any other type? :lol:

You'd be welcome I'm sure.

Stig
17-08-04, 02:53 PM

no other type as good as a nakid anyway :)

Warren
17-08-04, 03:17 PM
i never been to a soho meet
but hey
im in it for the food :)

Warren
17-08-04, 03:18 PM

You'd be welcome I'm sure.

CBR650s type - honest - there made by suzuki :lol: :lol: :lol:

Coolboy
25-08-04, 07:23 AM
Is this still happening guys coz Debs is disapointed that nothin is happening.

Kev

Raf
25-08-04, 08:10 AM
Is this still happening guys coz Debs is disapointed that nothin is happening.

Kev

I certainly thought so. I was waiting for people to come up with more specific plans. C'mon you lot, let's get down to business and sort this out.