PDA

View Full Version : Ducati exhaust for SV?

AlfBoy
21-07-04, 09:11 PM
Does anybody know if you can get an exhaust can that will make the SV650 sound more like a Ducati Monster? I mean, the SV sounds wonderful, but I always really liked the roar of a Ducati.

PeterM
22-07-04, 12:58 AM
A few problems with this. The Monsters, SS etc are all air-cooled engines. For this reason they sound different to a water-cooled engine (think about a VW beetle)

An engine sound like it sucks. That is, if the intake system is all restrictive and ****e then the exhaust will sound ****e too.

AlfBoy
22-07-04, 01:07 AM
Well, even the super bike series ducati makes sound really nice, even though they are liquid cooled. I'll probably just stick to the stock exhaust for a while.

matty
02-08-04, 03:49 PM
ive got a scorpion race can on and that sounds really good, but the best way to make your bike sound like a ducati is to change the stock air filter to a race one, your bike will suddenly be a million times louder and when u get it above 4000 rpm it makes the exact same noise as the ducati racebikes in WSB. It s well worth it. Since Ive had the race air filter fitted my girlfriend can hear me coming from about a mile away when i come home from work at night 8)

Stef
24-11-04, 03:48 PM
You can get close with a race can, but if you REALLY want a Ducati sound, i'm affraid you'll have to fit a desmodronic valve system. :lol: This is what makes the Ducati sound so unique

donniej
24-11-04, 07:58 PM
Loosen up your cam chain. You might also need to hang some clangy metal bits from your clutch basket too. :D

A guy on the svrider.com board recently put a Ducati pipe on his SV. He got it real cheap off ebay too...

TSM
24-11-04, 08:45 PM
is there any way to fit the dual under seat ducati exhaust system to the SV or is there any one making a system like that.

Muttley
06-12-04, 04:52 AM
You can get twin high level cans (not quite underseat, but that would require some serious surgery to the tail peice) from Renegade , GPR racing did a twin high level system for someone one here, or there's Zorstec that can make up a system to order.

There are probably others, but off the top of my head and two minutes of looking around the site thats what I have found.

rictus01
06-12-04, 07:40 AM
Does anybody know if you can get an exhaust can that will make the SV650 sound more like a Ducati Monster? I mean, the SV sounds wonderful, but I always really liked the roar of a Ducati.

you're talking about personnel opinion here, are you looking for a sound or look ?

Sound, is very much a subjective thing, what sounds good to you may not to someone else, certain cans have a distinct sound of their own.

most seem to favor the Rene sound, as a loud but somewhat sweeter note.

I've gone for a single Rene on full bore M4 pipework, which sounds slightly different.

You need to get to a meet at some point and listen to what others have got, and make your own mind up which you believe sounds the closest to your idea of a Ducati sound.

If it's just looks, then money will do it.

Cheers Mark.

Viney
06-12-04, 08:39 AM
You can get close with a race can, but if you REALLY want a Ducati sound, i'm affraid you'll have to fit a desmodronic valve system. :lol: This is what makes the Ducati sound so unique

And its firing order!

Cloggsy
06-12-04, 09:00 AM

... that & their dry clutches <rattle, rattle, rattle> :roll:

I still love 'em though :twisted: