PDA

View Full Version : The Ace Cafe A406, London

Jelster
31-07-04, 10:10 AM
As nobody's mentioned it yet, the Ace is a great meeting place. Marshalled parking (well sort of) reasonable food and often live music.

Friday nights people meet at the Ace before departing to Chelsea Bridge and Frith Street in Soho. They have special occaisons too (this Sunday is Suzuki day).

http://www.ace-cafe-london.com/dis.htm#Table

Moo
01-09-05, 10:43 PM
Will venture down to it one day. :lol:

Cloggsy
02-09-05, 08:25 AM
Will venture down to it one day. :lol:

Indeed - Hell of a trip for a brew though :lol: :lol: :lol:

didge
02-09-05, 10:45 AM
yer im hoping to potter down ther esome time next week

Spiderman
08-11-05, 11:29 AM
Just to add....
Free stunts shows daily thru the summer (if youre lucky)
Free display of total lack of respect for local cops :thumbsup:

Burgers are a bit rough but the chili chips n cheese cant be beat. :D
Just make sure youre hungry if you order the above.

ejohnh
16-11-06, 11:59 PM
I remember the Ace cafe from the days of Coffee Bar Cowboys, of Triumph Tiger 110's and Bonnevilles. AMC sports twins and Norton Dominators 88 and 99. Egg and chips. Then a race to the Busy Bee at watford - is that place still going?

First electric start bike I saw :roll: was a Honda at the Ace cafe. Little did we realise that the game was up for British bikes.

:cry:
John

adamfool
21-04-07, 09:23 PM
I remember the Ace cafe from the days of Coffee Bar Cowboys, of Triumph Tiger 110's and Bonnevilles. AMC sports twins and Norton Dominators 88 and 99. Egg and chips. Then a race to the Busy Bee at watford - is that place still going?

First electric start bike I saw :roll: was a Honda at the Ace cafe. Little did we realise that the game was up for British bikes.

:cry:
John
Fraid not!

BanannaMan
12-02-08, 02:17 AM

:smt022
Sniff...sniff.....
Kind of makes me miss my old 68' BSA Lightning.
(in red of course)

rictus01
12-02-08, 05:53 AM
:smt022
Sniff...sniff.....
Kind of makes me miss my old 68' BSA Lightning.
(in red of course)

Funnily enough I was kindly given a lift down there a couple of weeks ago, and there was a Red 69 Lightning in the car park, and I have in a shed in Enfield a black 69 lightning as well (although it really needs an engine strip at some point, been meaning to do it for about 4 years now :().

Cheers Mark.

ejohnh
12-02-08, 02:05 PM
Funnily enough I was kindly given a lift down there a couple of weeks ago, and there was a Red 69 Lightning in the car park, and I have in a shed in Enfield a black 69 lightning as well (although it really needs an engine strip at some point, been meaning to do it for about 4 years now :().

Cheers Mark.

Lightnings must have emerged after I quit biking. I remember BSA Road Rocket, Shooting Star, Single pot racers Gold Stars(were they push rod engines?) in both 350cc and 500cc?). Only Beezer I ever owned was a C30, 250cc I think. The 125cc (?) Bantam was everywhere.

manicmonkey
17-06-08, 09:35 PM
Drove down in my clio once, really atmospheric place, will be going again once i get a bike :)