PDA

View Full Version : Sidi Vertebra 2 Boots

Jazzman
07-08-04, 09:33 AM
Just a wee post on these boots. Have had them for about 18 - 20 months now and no problems with rain etc although they are not claimed to be waterproof. The main point of the post however is this...
Recently the tag on one of the zips broke (what a bummer) now as stated I have had these boots for a fair time and just thought oh well,but I emailed the sidi importers - Ferridax (sp) to ask if replacement was viable, one of their repos returned an email stating that if I returned the boots to them via either the original vendor or a local stockist I could have them repaired for the cost of postage. Very nice I thought so returned them via a local stockist (ESB Bolton) was told at the time it may be about £10 but a lot cheaper than new boots, so had them sent off (note no receipt asked for) have just received the boots back and went to pick them up, expecting to pay for carriage etc.
No Charge
So just to say a public thankyou to ESB and Sidi. :thumbsup:

Barty_b0y
07-08-04, 10:23 PM
nice one im after some new boots when me soliciter sorts it all out :roll:

Riley
27-04-06, 01:01 PM
Zip's just busted on me Vertebra's too (design fault :?: ) and I'm sending an e-mail to Feridax today.....

Riley
28-04-06, 10:20 AM
A quick response, but not sure about paying the cost of shipping. Think I'll opt for the zips and pay to fit them locally......

REPLY -

"thank you for your e-mail. it is possible for feridax to fit a new zip puller to your boots. the boots will need to be returned to your sidi dealer who will send them to feridax on your behalf for repair. the cost of a new zip puller and carriage to and from feridax will need to be covered by yourself. alternatively if you supply me with your address i can post you a new zip puller and you can enquire about having a professional local cobbler fit it for you.

regards
feridax 1957 ltd"

MavUK
09-05-06, 07:24 PM
Interestig...

I'm after new boots at the moment. I wanted Dyenesse (sp?) to match my leathers / gloves but they don't make the boots I want in anything smaller than a 41 (way, way too big :( )

Saw the Sidi's in a shop at the weekend but know nothing of them - protection and comfort wise what's the verdict?

TIA

Mr Toad
09-05-06, 07:34 PM
Sidi are good boots - they do tend to come up a bit on the small size - I'm usually an 8, but need a 9 in Sidi - and then preferably with thin socks :D
They come up on fleabay quite a lot - I've just bagged an almost mint pair for £58
Find somewhere near you where you can try them on to check the size & then hang around for a pair to appear on ebay :wink:

MavUK
10-05-06, 07:43 PM
Sidi are good boots - they do tend to come up a bit on the small size - I'm usually an 8, but need a 9 in Sidi - and then preferably with thin socks :D
They come up on fleabay quite a lot - I've just bagged an almost mint pair for £58
Find somewhere near you where you can try them on to check the size & then hang around for a pair to appear on ebay :wink:

Cheers, checked the size - a 40 seems to be a reasonable fit, whereas I need a 39 in Dainesse.

To be honest, if they are as good as Dianesse or Aplinestars then I really don't mind spending the cash - I knew I needed good boots this year as my 5 year old 'stars are starting to show their age (sale is cominf off :( )

I guess after payday I'll have to go and have a better check. Think I'll see if I can get hold of any 39's just to check...

Demonz
11-05-06, 06:02 PM
Sidi seem to be tuned in to their customers. I tried a pair on at Chiswick honda and they had a tool box that Sidi gave them with all sorts of screws and little fittings which they said they used for running repairs to bits and pieces it they ever broke.

Riley
07-06-06, 01:24 PM
Forgot about this one - but outcome if anyone's bothered was:

Got Feridax to send replacement zip pull gratis (and in only a few days) I then went to the cobbler who fixed it on for 8 squid. Result! The shoe guy assured me he would double stitch and ensure the integrity of the boot, which he seems to have done.

didge
07-06-06, 04:22 PM
do you have to have the receipt from when you first brought them?

rob13
12-10-06, 10:43 PM
Had my Verts for about 2 years now and have been great. They squeak a bit now & again but theyre comfy on the bike and have been waterproof in the downpours ive been stuck in.

northwind
06-01-07, 01:34 AM
I've got 2 pairs, a standard set and a Tepor set for winter. It tells you that I like them, that after 15000 miles of daily wear I bought another pair :) Both are still servicable too, though the old ones look a state after too many... incidents. I heart my Vertebras.

They're discontinued, but it seems like one of the "new" models, the B-Two, is basically a Vertabra with a different name.

Incidentally, I think you've got to be wrong in the brain to buy Black Rain Evos when the Vertebra 2 Tepors aren't much more expensive and are fully armoured as well as just as waterproof- it doesn't take an awful lot to damage a Black Rain enough to leak, since they lack toe sliders- a single slide can wear the toe enough to leak.

Marshall
18-02-07, 10:22 PM
I saw a set of those B-twos the other day, they look exactly like my vertebras, but all in black, im going to buy a set but there £189 at the mo, so it can wait till there much cheaper