PDA

View Full Version : how big are your chicken strips ?

Warren
16-08-04, 02:09 PM
had a look at my tyre today - and noticed my chicken strips were about 5mm big at the back and 15mm at front.
how are yours doing ?
i dont think i corner that hard - how do my chicken strips rate in relation to corners ? can i push more or is that about it for me ?

also - whats the best technique you find for cornering ? ie weight (lean forward or back ), lean , balance , position of the bars ?

i wanna improve my cornering.

Ping
16-08-04, 02:14 PM
Time of voting : Total Votes : 2

50% thinnest : 50% thickest...

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I don't get out much. :D

Allie
16-08-04, 02:18 PM
I'm sort of trying to firm them up at the minute, I don't want bingo caller arms, thanks very much :P :D

:roll: OK, I'll get my coat :P

Iansv
16-08-04, 02:20 PM
Quite wide atm as I don't lean over as much since my accident :lol:

Iansv
16-08-04, 02:20 PM
Quite wide atm as I don't lean over as much since my accident :lol:

gets some wet and dry

Warren
16-08-04, 02:21 PM
I'm sort of trying to firm them up at the minute, I don't want bingo caller arms, thanks very much :P :D

huh :?:

rukus
16-08-04, 02:22 PM
I have conti road attack tyres and was bemused to find my chick strips are wider on the rear than the front. :shock: :? I guess it's something to do with the different profile of the tyres to the stock dunny's

Warren
16-08-04, 02:24 PM
ok
i been trying to get my knee down.
im going round a round about (a big ish one) leaning as far as i can go, put my knee down and cant reach the floor
is that cos im short ? or cos im not leaning enough ?
i dont wanna push it and floor the bike - cos that would suck :(

Allie
16-08-04, 02:35 PM

huh :?:

OK, er, 'chicken wings' another name for 'flabby upper arms', yeh? :oops:

I thought it was funny at the time of posting but on reflection :oops: :P

Balky001
16-08-04, 02:55 PM
ok
im going round a round about (a big ish one) leaning as far as i can go, put my knee down and cant reach the floor

Could be a bit of everything, if you still have 15mm at the front you could certainly still lean a bit further. MOst, knee down is about body position (upper as well as lower) as if you only hang your bum off the seat without moving your upper body and don't drop your shoulder or look through the corner your knee will naturally turn back in to the bike. My friend has chicken strips of exactly 0mm, he leans it massively (has an MV Augusta F4 SPR so should be able to!) but still inches away from knee down. If he leans it any more he'll have elbow down - but his upper body position doesn't let him get knee down.

Keep at it, track days are best. Donington was wicked for knee down practise!

Patch
16-08-04, 03:00 PM
You should be able to get your knee down if you can ride it and get your feet down. Push harder. If your pegs haven't gone down, you have nothing to worry about, assuming the road surface etc is good and your tyres are warm! :)

I have never got the knee down although the pegs are frequently digging nice little troughs in the road.

IMHO if your pegs aren't down and your knee is you're hanging off too much, all pose and no substance (unless you have monstrously long legs that is

Ping
16-08-04, 03:08 PM

LOL :lol:

Don't ya just HATE it when that happens? :lol: Happens to me alot... I think my sense of humour's just on a different plane to everyone else's on this site... :?

:lol:

sexysi
16-08-04, 03:13 PM
ok
Agree the track is the best place for knee down. Don't forget that on the road, maybe on your roundabout there are things like Grit,Oil,Diesal, Bumps etc etc, Public roads are not ideal.
sexysi

Balky001
16-08-04, 03:15 PM
ok
Agree the track is the best place for knee down. Don't forget that on the road, maybe on your roundabout there are things like Grit,Oil,Diesal, Bumps etc etc, Public roads are not ideal.
sexysi

True, also better to try a medium/small roundabout as you are not going to have to go as fast to get the bike round. Keep it nice and tight :wink:

Allie
16-08-04, 03:17 PM

LOL :lol:

Don't ya just HATE it when that happens? :lol: Happens to me alot... I think my sense of humour's just on a different plane to everyone else's on this site... :?

Ping! Yeh, I think my humour is a bit off the wall sometimes, but it's hard to be funny (ha, ha) through the net :P

jonboy
16-08-04, 03:19 PM
What are chicken strips?

Don't worry Lee, as you only like going in a straight line they're nothing for you to worry about. :lol:

PBx
16-08-04, 03:22 PM
I think my sense of humour's just on a different plane to everyone else's on this site... :?

No it's not. I was just going to say mine were about 2" - they always are from KFC

cheque please.

jonboy
16-08-04, 03:23 PM
Would that be a straight line on my ****, bike on its side? :lol:

Yeah that's the one but then they're called skid-marks - inside and out! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Allie
16-08-04, 03:24 PM
I think my sense of humour's just on a different plane to everyone else's on this site... :?

No it's not. I was just going to say mine were about 2" - they always are from KFC

cheque please.

:lol: :lol: :wink:

That's more like it! :P

northwind
16-08-04, 06:33 PM
Mine are pretty big :) But then, Sportecs are pretty round. Well, that's my excuse :)

jonboy
16-08-04, 06:38 PM
Hang off the bike, one **** cheek on, one off

Ah no, not more skid-marks! :lol:

Stig
16-08-04, 07:28 PM
I don't have chicken strips on mine on either side, and that was before it went down, just to beat anyone else to it. Although due to the off the front left hand side doesn't have chicken strips either. I only wish it did :cry: :cry:

Jelster
16-08-04, 07:55 PM
I lost all my chicken strips at Silverstone, all the way to the edge of the profile, front and back but I still didn't get my knee down :cry: .