PDA

View Full Version : Tinted Visor

wsmud
24-08-04, 11:49 AM
Hi Guys

Hope you are all well and no more accidents !!!!!!

Has anyone got a tinted visor and if so does it make a lot of difference in sun :?: I cant get my sunglasses under my crash hat so end up squinting alot.

I have kbc helmet - any suggestions for where to get good value visor appreciated.

Cheers :)

ps. doesnt the SV corner well :D - came round outside of mate on R1 on a corner, gave him the shock of his life - he thought he was cornering well up to that point!! (did it v. safely of course - wide clear bend - one way etc etc) :lol:

jinx
24-08-04, 12:02 PM
Get a fog city insert

Iansv
24-08-04, 01:08 PM
Had an iridium blue tint on my caberg brutus, was great, no effect from the sun whatsoever... did restrict vision quite badly when it got dusky tho or went down country lanes where there was no light...

overall highly recommended tho, or cheaper option of an insert but don't have experience of those

BURNER
24-08-04, 01:19 PM
Black visor on my AGV, marked as "For daylight use only", I carry a clear one most of the time in case it gets dark while I'm out. Lucky visor change on the AGV is really quick and involves no tools.

rictus01
24-08-04, 04:37 PM
I've used (passed 15 years at least) and use a race black visor, but carry a clear, all the time, I just see it as a safty aid, after all you want the best vision possible, don't you?

I change visors for the best one, given the conditions.

I think it's more a case of how easy it is to change visors, if your helmet is one you need tools to change the visor, then get an insert.

Cheers Mark.

PeterM
24-08-04, 11:14 PM
I used a light tint visor and that should be sufficient for anyone in the 'sunny UK'. It is enough to take the sting out of the sun but be aware that no tinted visor that I am aware of has any UV protection qualities.

wsmud
25-08-04, 12:32 PM
Thanks for the replies !

Seems all version quite good so I will shop around!

Patch
25-08-04, 03:39 PM
I use a black race visor on my Shoei,. I don't carry a clear one around with me if I know I will be home before dark.

CC
26-08-04, 08:14 PM
I use a black race visor on my Shoei,. I don't carry a clear one around with me if I know I will be home before dark.
Same here, but if it gets dark, I will drive with the visor open (slower). Now, in the summer sun, I can't stand driving without the black visor.

BTW, in germany, I had to take the visor off (not legal), and drive without a visor (for 100 meters :twisted: ). Luckily they didn't see/hear my 102db racing can (on my XT600) :)