PDA

View Full Version : Fox's Dinner A4074, Dorchester on Thames

Jelster
10-09-04, 02:55 PM
Surprised I haven't seen this one on here yet.... The Massives famous "M&P run" ends here.... Great cafe for a Sunday breakfast (you must try the breakfast bap... 2 eggs, 2 rashers of bacon and 2 sausages all in a "healthy" wholemeal roll) plenty of parking and next door to M&P Oxford... It's a great run out from most directions, and a good meeting point.

Map Here (http://www.multimap.com/map/browse.cgi?client=public&X=457000&Y=196000&width=700&height=400&gride=457105&gridn=195826&srec=0&coordsys=gb&db=pc&addr1=&addr2=&addr3=&pc=OX107LY&advanced=&local=&localinfosel=&kw=&inmap=&table=&ovtype=&zm=1&scale=25000)

http://www.foxsdiner.co.uk/

See you one Sunday :wink:

exduker
13-09-04, 03:52 PM
Just found the "scroll down" button and spotted this forum!

Yep, I'd agree with this recommendation - it's my regular haunt for a breakfast run and the Breakfast Bap always hits the right spot! A nice ride up from Maidenhead (home) through Henley, Nettlebed and around Wallingford too!

Then you can go in any direction for a good ride: upto Thame (great road from there towards Bicester or the other way to Aylesbury), out past Didcot to Wantage (great road from there to Newbury or Hungerford), etc.

Usually loads of bikes there coming and going throughout the day. Beware of the fuzz sometimes staking out the road back towards Wallingford though........not that any of you speed, of course! :twisted:

See you there!

Twit
13-09-04, 05:07 PM
Wallingford is quite a pretty place but everyone seems to go 'round' it, can't understand why!!! :wink:

ha ha!!!!

Jelster
10-06-05, 05:31 PM
This is under new management (for a few months now I think...) They have a "Bike night" on Mondays...

DanAbnormal
21-03-06, 04:58 PM
I found this cafe on Saturday. Well my mate found it, I just followed!

Great baps. And the brekkie's aren't bad either.

I'll get my coat. :D

Jelster
21-03-06, 06:47 PM
You were a long way from home !

DanAbnormal
22-03-06, 09:14 AM
You were a long way from home !

Indeed I was. Fancied a nice long ride to get some of those breaking in miles out of the way. My mate had told me about the place for ages and the weather wasn't too bad that day apart from a few snow flakes. It was dry but a little fresh. Will be going back as some of those roads on the way are amazing.

Aurora
22-03-06, 03:34 PM
Mmm Foxes Diner, lovely doorstop sarnies http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y133/dawnwicks/yum.gif

Banjo
27-04-06, 12:34 PM
Took a trip up there last Sunday to meet some friends, 25 of our bikes in the end, a good turn out on an indifferent day weather wise.

Service was a bit slow but was worth waiting for.

petevtwin650
28-04-06, 11:44 PM
Few names from the SOC site on this thread.

We go to Foxs occasionally from Rugby. Lovely roads down.

Seeing as how people seem to travel from North and South why not make a meet there one Sunday. Would be fun to meet up with some of you guys and ladies.

Pete

Stig
29-04-06, 05:28 AM
Its less than 30 miles from my house and I've never been. :oops: :oops: Might go take a look this Sunday via the B4944 from Newbury to Wantage. Anyone ever goes to Foxes Diner really should take the time to do this road. AWESOME. It's only 8 miles long, but what an 8 miles it is. :thumbsup:

Jelster
29-04-06, 08:19 AM
I have a few routes out of West London.

Pick up the A355 just North of Slough up to the A413. Follow that to Alesbury and pick up the 418 and at Thame jump on the A329 to Shillingford. Turn right and Fox's is a few miles up the road.

Another is to take the A308 at Windsor and follow it through Maidenhead to the A404 at Bisham. Turn left and exit the dual carriageway on the A4130 towards Henly, keep on this road through Bix and it meets the 4074 at Cowmarsh Gifford. Again turn right and head up to Fox's.

Another route (closer to you Si) is go via Theale (A340), A329 to Streatley, then turn off into Goring and via "the Stokes" and pick up the 4074 from their.

Si, I'll have to give that route a try, but I think this Sunday's gonna be a bit wet....

petevtwin650
29-04-06, 12:12 PM
Well I won't be there this Sunday :cry:

Off to Hunstanton 8)

See Rideouts

Lee Rainbow
01-05-06, 07:52 PM
keep meaning to call in here as its on route to my wonderful inlaws at ewelme