PDA

View Full Version : Let's get a date chosen!

mysteryjimbo
22-09-04, 07:33 AM
Speaks for itself.

Wheeltrax
04-10-04, 05:40 AM
I believe that there has been a slight hiccough with the forum. Some of the most recent posts have been lost.
If yours is one of them please re-enter any questions/thoughts you may have needed addressing.
A quick word on dates. Lets not rush into deciding anything until we know what dates the ring has open. If you take a look at this years dates you will be suprised how many days of the year you are not allowed to ride it. Anything worth doing is woth doing right, right?

rictus01
15-11-04, 07:02 PM
I believe that there has been a slight hiccough with the forum. Some of the most recent posts have been lost.
If yours is one of them please re-enter any questions/thoughts you may have needed addressing.
A quick word on dates. Lets not rush into deciding anything until we know what dates the ring has open. If you take a look at this years dates you will be suprised how many days of the year you are not allowed to ride it. Anything worth doing is woth doing right, right?

so when can we expect the published dates for 2005 ?

Cheers Mark.

mac608
16-11-04, 09:21 PM
Just had a reorganisation announced at work,so it will have to be May for me.
If the final decision is April I will likely go over on me tod.(in the May)

mysteryjimbo
16-11-04, 11:07 PM
I'd honestly prefer the May date coz the missus doesnt want me to spend our holiday money by going before hand! (2 weeks, 3rd May!)

wigan650s
17-11-04, 10:22 AM
definitely may for me it will be my last chance to have a proper crash before hanging up my helmet :(

WildBill
17-11-04, 11:00 AM
Sounds like fun. I'll be up for the trip.

Anonymous
19-12-04, 09:54 PM
Late May should also be good for me.

Cheers,

D. :D

Damien
19-12-04, 09:57 PM
& again, that's me whose posted above.

Sorry!

Damien :D

Wheeltrax
22-12-04, 07:15 AM
Sorry for the delay in getting back to you :oops:
I have been pressuring the staff at the Nürburgring over the last few weeks to get some info re: dates for 2005.
The short version is that they are not going to release their 2005 calendar until February! :shock:
Looking at the general comments regarding the trip I think the last weekend in May is looking very good. However, without being able to confirm whether the ´ring is open, it would be a very risky thing to make any definite plans as yet.
As soon as I hear anything definite I will let you know.
Merry Christmas
Kevin (Wheeltrax)

Damien
22-12-04, 10:24 PM
Cheers dude.

Just voted. Late May would be perfect for me!

D. :D

mysteryjimbo
22-12-04, 10:49 PM
Glad to see late may is the choice of many so far. Phew....

wheelnut
23-01-05, 07:17 PM
There has been some urgent work carried out at a couple of the more interesting corners, They have been changing the crash area (sorry run off zones) :shock:

Apparently the ring is always closed for essential repairs at this time of year and it is normal for dates to be released February or early March

This is a link from my Pistonheads site

http://ring.wegen.de/fotos/thumbs%5Flist.php?galerie=wanderung%5F20050108

The photos are a walkabout on the 8th January

Ceri JC
08-03-05, 04:16 PM
Not saying I'd definately be able to come (would need to check cash/leave from work/insurance), but say I was interested, would I still be able to join the group for this trip?

Cheers.

mac608
09-03-05, 05:14 PM
Ceri, I suggest you PM Wheelnut.

I am wondering how many are actually now going. The date is too early for me -work & family :(

mysteryjimbo
10-03-05, 08:15 AM
Ceri, I suggest you PM Wheelnut.

I am wondering how many are actually now going. The date is too early for me -work & family :(

Dont you mean wheeltrax?

I'm not going, the date is no good. I am on holiday with the family. I was hoping for end of May.

pugwonk
25-03-05, 12:26 PM
Hi -

First post on this forum, so sorry if I break a rule by mistake. I've only had an SV since yesterday. :)

I have been to the ring many times with a car - I'm across April 9th to 12th and then again later next month for the 24h Rennen, and will be going again later in the year. It's a bit of an addictive business...

Is this trip still going ahead? I'm quite keen on taking the SV around just once or twice to see what the track feels like on a bike so I'd be happy to try and coincide with this trip and tow a bike trailer (not sure how many bikes one can get onto them).

I know how to get there, where to stay, where to eat etc if it helps.

Chris

Ceri JC
30-03-05, 02:07 PM
Not saying I'd definately be able to come (would need to check cash/leave from work/insurance), but say I was interested, would I still be able to join the group for this trip?

Cheers.

Looks like I won't be able to make it this time. Cheers mister taxman :roll: :)

mysteryjimbo
30-03-05, 02:15 PM
A new tax year after April!

The dates have changed from previous. Now September!