PDA

View Full Version : Insurance.

timwilky
08-10-04, 12:23 PM
My renewal came this morning.

£332 FC

Bit more than I was expecting and when I check I have no NCB.

OK my previous bike was written off as a result of being hit from behind whilst I was stopped at a red light and was recorded on the proposal with a cost of £0.00 and the driver accepting all responsibility. Thus I bought the SV with my payout.

So I recon I am due a year, and phone Bennets. The nice lady takes my details and says she will talk to the underwritters. "There might be an issue with the calm still being open due to your personnal injuries, but I will check and phone you back" Some chance thinks me.

Well she did and my no claims is reinstated £283 FC. Result :D

Balky001
08-10-04, 12:31 PM
My renewal came this morning.

£332 FC

Bit more than I was expecting and when I check I have no NCB.

OK my previous bike was written off as a result of being hit from behind whilst I was stopped at a red light and was recorded on the proposal with a cost of £0.00 and the driver accepting all responsibility. Thus I bought the SV with my payout.

So I recon I am due a year, and phone Bennets. The nice lady takes my details and says she will talk to the underwritters. "There might be an issue with the calm still being open due to your personnal injuries, but I will check and phone you back" Some chance thinks me.

Well she did and my no claims is reinstated £283 FC. Result :D

Like the donut I bought this morning - that's very jammy. Nice one!

Iansv
08-10-04, 12:49 PM
Nice one...

Jabba
08-10-04, 12:50 PM
Like the donut I bought this morning - that's very jammy

I disagree - it's not jammy. It was what he was entitled to :roll:

Clunk
08-10-04, 12:57 PM
I'd still phone around and try and get a bit more off.

StevePJ
08-10-04, 12:59 PM
I was looking at swapping my Sv for a 2000 Blade. Spoke to my ins co (Suzuki), to cahnge over for the remaining 4 months, just short of £300, and for 12 months just under £1000.

Good god, i am 38 yrs old and have had a licence for 15 years. Okay so i only have 2 yrs no claims after some theivin toe rag stole my Firestorm a couple of years ago,

but £1000......FFS what are they on.

:(

wigan650s
08-10-04, 04:43 PM
I was looking at swapping my Sv for a 2000 Blade. Spoke to my ins co (Suzuki), to cahnge over for the remaining 4 months, just short of £300, and for 12 months just under £1000.

Good god, i am 38 yrs old and have had a licence for 15 years. Okay so i only have 2 yrs no claims after some theivin toe rag stole my Firestorm a couple of years ago,

but £1000......FFS what are they on.

:(
i'll see your 1000 and raise you 2000..£3000 for a new aprilia falco fully comp 35 yr old 2 yrs no claims..best i could finally come up with was £959 with bennetts but the bike has to be second hand :shock:

StevePJ
08-10-04, 05:01 PM
Jeezzz thats bad.

How on earth can they justify that

Cloggsy
08-10-04, 05:05 PM
Insurance is a con in this country :roll: It's just all part of a big game :evil:

timwilky
12-10-04, 10:32 AM
It gets better, the updated renewal notice arrived this morning with my no claims in place at 1 year

it has gone down from £332 to £163FC with £250 X/S

YIPPEE 50% discount for 1 years NCB

Me thinks somebody has cocked up. I ain't bothering looking for competative quotes, Wheres my cheque book

Jabba
12-10-04, 10:42 AM
it has gone down from £332 to £163FC with £250 X/S

YIPPEE 50% discount for 1 years NCB

Me thinks somebody has cocked up. I ain't bothering looking for competative quotes, Wheres my cheque book

That must make you feel very good indeed.

I'm interested in what mine will do next March as I'm sure that most companies load newbie/0%-ers beyond what they say.............

Assuming no offs/theft/losses between now and then, I could be looking at less than £200* :D

[* because, like you, I too am an old fogey!!!]

Flamin_Squirrel
12-10-04, 10:46 AM
Both my bike and car insurance renewal come around almost at the same time. I'm in trouble if some NCB doesnt seriously bring down the price... £1400 is too much :cry: