PDA

View Full Version : MICRON REAER STAND BOBINS?

vroooOOOM
14-10-04, 03:10 PM
I have a Micron rear stand and works ok, I'm thinking of converting it so I can use a bobbin system.

Can anyone recomend what type I should buy and will I just need to buy the Bobbins or is there some other attachment I'll need.

Cheers TT

Itching 2 go
14-10-04, 03:15 PM
you will need to buy micron hooks, these replace the cups you probably have on there at the mo. most bobbins are ok you could just use a bolt if you feel really tight :wink:

vroooOOOM
14-10-04, 03:51 PM
Thanks for that, do you know if it makes the stand any easier to use?

Itching 2 go
14-10-04, 04:24 PM
a little but its horses for corses really, some people prefer them some dont. the good thing about them is that you dont have to faf around with ensuring you dont trap the rear brake hose

vroooOOOM
14-10-04, 07:23 PM
Thanks again, think I'll get some, although I dont have to worry about the brake hose on me K4 I don't like fafin around lineing up the cup holder thingy's.

Cheers TT

admin
14-10-04, 09:08 PM
I bought the hooks. they do make life easier if you fit some spacers so that the hooks are the same distance apart as the bobbins. I cut some spare plastic tubing and used that on the bolts that the hooks are attached to.

Now all I have to do is slide the stand into place and the hooks are already in the right place to engage with the bobbins.

John

Jdubya
11-11-04, 09:24 PM
I bought a micron stand from HG the other week and it works fine without the bobbins. Although having said that, the box said that it was for a kwak rather than a suzuki... go figure? :shock: