PDA

View Full Version : Fitting a tail tidy

cosmiccharlie
15-10-04, 01:05 PM
Hi

Im looking at sorting out my bikes rear end, and am just wondering does changing/enhancing the cosmetics of the bike affect the warranty,

Just trying to avoid voiding the warranty

Thanks for any help

Mr Toad
14-11-04, 10:52 PM
Not sure about the warranty, but I wouldn't have though so
I've got a Hammicad on mine - neatens up the rear greatly - makes it look much more 'pointy', and shows off the LED rear lights to great effect.
However you do get more spray and debris from the road, but that's a small price to pay :lol:

cosmiccharlie
03-12-04, 03:06 PM
cool was thinking about a tail tidy and a hugger, should be nice,

i phoned Suzuki regarding the warranty and they said as long a no damage was done they would still honour the warranty

Mr Toad
03-12-04, 05:09 PM
make sure you get the right hugger - there are subtle differences between K3 & K4 models - the huggers aren't the same :shock:
mine is busy chamfering off the corner of the toolbox, while the toolbox is busy making a hole in the hugger :oops:

cosmiccharlie
03-12-04, 06:51 PM
My local dealer can order genuine k3 huggers for £99, should be a no hassle replacement, just waiting til after xmas before i put an order in

mine is busy chamfering off the corner of the toolbox, while the toolbox is busy making a hole in the hugger

What you mean ? what model is yours, mines a k3 model,

Muttley
10-12-04, 06:45 PM
Going by Mr Toads sig he has a K4 ;)

The main diffence at the back is that the rear subframe is lower and the toolkit lives in a box just up from the rear shock under the seat. This is what is causing the rubbing (at a guess).

You would be amazed at how many differences you spot when you put a K3 and K4 next to each other.

If yer a short **** the K4 feels much shorter.

SVeeedy Gonzales
04-03-05, 01:01 PM
I have a K4 and was worried when the Ermax hugger turned up in a bag marked K3. The fit is spot on though, so I guess either the label was wrong or the difference wasn't big enough to be a problem?

I was going to get a skidmark hugger but the guy said that there'd been problems with huggers not fitting the same model - that some k4 models had slightly different requirements and the same hugger wouldn't fit them... said to call back in a few weeks to see if they'd sorted it, but me being me, couldn't wait more than 60 mins before I went and ordered the Ermax one... good colour match on the yellow :)

quikstu
10-03-05, 09:51 PM
I've got a Hammicad on mine - neatens up the rear greatly - makes it look much more 'pointy', and shows off the LED rear lights to great effect.

Got any piccies Toad?

8)

Sid Squid
10-03-05, 10:58 PM
However you do get more spray and debris from the road, but that's a small price to pay :lol:

No it isn't, particularly if you regularly carry a passenger, my Hamicad has gone back in the box while the really sh1te weather lasts, it'll return to the bike when the weather gets better.

The Mk 1 Hamicad was a bit better in this respect, as the plate was carried a bit further back, reducing road spray on the back of Mrs Squids jacket, but the potential weakness offsets the desire to refit that.

quikstu
12-04-05, 12:59 AM

Got any piccies Toad?

8)

No need, fitted one tonite.
Improves the look of the whole bike.
Well chuffed!
:D

mastiffmat
12-04-05, 08:25 AM
I have a K3 (S model) and fitted a tail tidy and genuine Suzuki hugger.

The tail tidy is from the guy who sells them on eBay - It's really good and doesn't need any cutting so I can return the bike to genuine when I sell. It uses existing indicators (which I plan to change at some point) and number plate light. Highly recommended. Have a look at this eBay page (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=10534&item=7966245881&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW).

The hugger was pricey (well list price is - I got a discount) but I think it's worth it. It's a very high quality item and fits perfectly. The colour match is also perfect.

http://www.shutterpoint.com/photos/M/20050412_041633_sv650-2_view.jpg