PDA

View Full Version : I've hit a spinning fisherman!

snoopy
15-10-04, 06:21 PM
I'm going over a small crest at fine speed and just as I go over I see some fishermen with rods on the opposite side of the road. They've just got off the Metro (commuting train in North East).

So I'm going over and one of them starts spinning on the pavement then careers onto the road with his rod extended. He was either drunk or drugged and was lucky nothing was on the road. His other mates are staggering everywhere.

I totally didn't expect it and he came spinning over so fast I didn't have a chance to hit the brakes. His rod hit the front of the bike and shattered into many pieces. His arm or something hit the right hand fairing and now I've a small crack lower down :(. No other damage other than my nerves.

So, by the small chances this was you, I hope you broke your arm and the rod was competition quality. If I see you I'm gunna take delight in re-arranging your face you stupid c**t faced tw*t, break your other arm, and stick your new rod in an eyeball.

:evil:

Shooter
15-10-04, 06:47 PM
Every road, every corner,every crest....ride to expect the unexpected ....because as your fish tale shows us all - there is a first time for everything. Could have been much worse.

How fast is "fine speed" :?:

Here endeth the lesson (sorry if it sounded a bit sanctimonious :oops: )

ophic
15-10-04, 07:04 PM
you can't always expect the unexpected - you can ride with due care and attention. If someone or something jumps right in front of you, you can't avoid hitting it even at 10mph.

But Andrew, you should have stopped. But from your temper it sounds like a good job that you didn't :twisted:

timwilky
15-10-04, 07:11 PM
Chance are that you are now going to be reported for failing to stop, etc.

You think you may have hit him. Then stop, there are more of them than you. who is plod going to believe now. That lot once they have sobered up or you on your jacks.

Sorry but you have made a rod for your own back there.

snoopy
15-10-04, 07:23 PM
30mph in a 30. No chance of being reported cause his mates were well out of it, I can't see any of them figuring it was a motorbike less my plate details. Fuc* was I stopping for that tw*t, and if I did it would have only been to 180 and run him over.

fraser01
15-10-04, 07:26 PM
Andrew,

You seem to have bad luck pinned to your jacket mate...... :shock:

.."put the stand down and step away from the bike"... :lol:

:wink:

snoopy
15-10-04, 07:31 PM
While I'm ranting, I was driving back from University today (raining) and a ******* Micra slammed on brakes around a corner for no godly reason. I had to do the same and the front wheel locked, managed to keep upright using left foot but the drag has ruined my MOD Magnum boot. Thats an easy £100 for a new pair.

I swear spinning fishermen and Micra drivers must be executed.

It's days I like this I think about just not driving. The roads, the drivers on them, and the general population are going tits up.

Scoobs
15-10-04, 07:43 PM
Andrew,

Look up at Fraser01's post mate. DO IT!

MARK IN SC
15-10-04, 08:09 PM
off topic...
scoobs, didn't you used to be the lead singer for "Fine Young Cannibals?"..

(j/k) :lol:

Haircut
15-10-04, 08:11 PM
You could have stopped taken his details (if he could talk) and sued him for the damage to the bike.

An old friend of mine had a similar thing happen to him while driving, drunk **** pushed into road by equally drunk ****.

Poor sod ended up in hospital and had to pay for the damage he did to the car!

As for micra driver, all small car drivers are a menace . . . .

Shooter
16-10-04, 06:47 AM
Hey Ophic

Basically I agree with you that you can not avoid everything by "expecting the unexpected" but riding a motorcycle demands defensive practices and fundamental accident avoidance skills.

But....Blind sighted and following too close are covered by the most basic rule 'drive to the conditions prevailing'

Read Andrewcharnleys posts : two separated by about 1 hour

Hope the next one isn't from his girlfriend or mother that we add to what is an appalling record on this forum for serious accidents.

I sense a lot of aggression in him and I hope that it does not cost him ...

Metal is tougher than flesh - always

Scoobs
16-10-04, 07:27 AM
off topic...

You know I've been using this site for about 18 months now (old and new forum) and you are the first guy to recognise me! I am Roland Gift :roll:

rukus
16-10-04, 09:14 AM
off topic...

You know I've been using this site for about 18 months now (old and new forum) and you are the first guy to recognise me! I am Roland Gift :roll:

I still think you look more like Lister!!! :wink:

snoopy
16-10-04, 10:13 AM
Hey Ophic

Basically I agree with you that you can not avoid everything by "expecting the unexpected" but riding a motorcycle demands defensive practices and fundamental accident avoidance skills.

But....Blind sighted and following too close are covered by the most basic rule 'drive to the conditions prevailing'

Read Andrewcharnleys posts : two separated by about 1 hour

Hope the next one isn't from his girlfriend or mother that we add to what is an appalling record on this forum for serious accidents.

I sense a lot of aggression in him and I hope that it does not cost him ...

Metal is tougher than flesh - always

I've very unaggressive actually. It was a bad day, and the fact i've a new crack in my fairing didn't make me feel like breaking out the marshmallows. :D

Moo
16-10-04, 10:18 AM
No doubt it was probably an exspensive rod.

Balky001
16-10-04, 10:27 AM
Damn, the old spinning fisherman issue, will it never go away. Fishing is so slow and dull they all drink at least 20 pints of strong cider then get run over on the way home. It's a problem as old as time itself. Southend seafront is literally scattered with broken bits of rod and scattered hooks. Something needs to be done about it.

Jabba
16-10-04, 10:29 AM
Sorry but you have made a rod for your own back there.

Can't believe that no-one has commented...........I thought that was reel funny :lol:

jonboy
16-10-04, 10:43 AM
Yeah what a line, got you hook, line and sinker.

Jabba
16-10-04, 10:49 AM
Yeah what a line, got you hook, line and sinker

:roll:

Rather wadered into that one didn't you jonboy? :wink:

jonboy
16-10-04, 10:52 AM
I rather felt I took the bait. :lol:

svpilot
16-10-04, 11:05 AM
...then careers onto the road with his rod extended

*fnarr fnarr*

Scoobs
16-10-04, 12:58 PM
off topic...

Huh? As in Red Dwarf? As in Craig Charles? Are you blind

splke
16-10-04, 01:00 PM
this has got me hooked :?

Jabba
16-10-04, 01:54 PM
off topic...

Scoobs................I think he meant Kryten :thumbsup:

Graham
18-10-04, 02:28 AM
In Oz if you hit and run it's certain gaol, You better hope they didn't get your rego

Jelster
18-10-04, 07:47 AM
I rather felt I took the bait. :lol:

Oh Greg, don't you just like to "reel" them off.....

Wonder what the "net" value of the damage is ?

:roll:

Scoobs
18-10-04, 07:58 AM
off topic...

Scoobs................I think he meant Kryten :thumbsup:

Yeah! Same "chisled" good looks.