PDA

View Full Version : First rideout since 16th June 2004

Stig
18-10-04, 07:35 PM
Well I have done it at last. Yesterday I went out on my first rideout since "the accident". How did I find it :?: Sh*t a brick at every corner, but as the day progressed I trusted the people that I rode with and kept up with them on the bends. The roads were wet and slippery which didn't help matters. I think I was most nervous because I know that my pelvis has a long way to go before properly healed and was scared that I would do damage if I went down again.

All in all I think it was a success. I still don't look eagerly for the next time that I ride my bike (tomorrow's comute to work). But I have learnt to trust my bike (a little) in the bends. I guess it's a phobia thing that I will have to ride through. Hopefully by the Spring I will be back to full confidence but without the over cockiness. Can't believe that after 20 years plus of riding I can feel this way about riding a bike. I have had some spectacular accidents in the past, but not one of them gave me a seconds doubt of my skills or riding. Strange.

Jabba
18-10-04, 07:45 PM
All hail BigApe :notworthy:

That must have taken some guts (no jokes on this occasion). I doubt that I could do it after going through what you did.

Nuff said.

Big Bad Al
18-10-04, 07:47 PM
Good grief - just thinking about about landing on a serious injury like you had / have makes me wince. You're a braver man than I!

Take it easy dude - wet roads as well!

fraser01
18-10-04, 07:48 PM
:thumbsup:

Well done mate, you looking forward to going back to work?

:wink:

Logie bear
18-10-04, 07:51 PM
Nice one BigApe, keep it upright.

Ride safe
Sean.

M65
18-10-04, 07:52 PM
Well played. Just take it easy out there though.

Cronos
18-10-04, 08:02 PM
Well done, that got to be a serious hurdle to overcome. 8)

Iansv
18-10-04, 08:06 PM
Nice one.... Hard to get the confidence back after a nasty off

Well done

Ed
18-10-04, 08:35 PM
Well done Apeski :thumbsup: I can't say I'm there yet, either. Plan is to buy a bike and poodle round over winter, with a bit of luck (and no off) I'll be back to normal for next year.

jonboy
18-10-04, 09:00 PM
Glad you got out Si (I mean out on your bike not from the asylum :lol: ), you're certainly a brave geezer, I applaud you.

Hey Viney, you listenin'? ;)

chutz
18-10-04, 10:43 PM
excellent stuff dude.Take it easy for a while and learn to enjoy it safely.Well you know what I mean.It must have been a big step to go out again after such a huge off so hats off to you.

I still feel that the Mr Blobby paint job would make you more visible ergo safer...just thinking of you mate :lol:

Well done

Cloggsy
18-10-04, 11:37 PM
What did the missus say/think :?: :shock:

bluebell
19-10-04, 07:44 AM
Well done, i think you are extreamly brave to go out on your bike again. Not to sure i could have. Take care now.

Ping
19-10-04, 08:46 AM
:notworthy:

Anonymous
19-10-04, 09:08 AM
fantastic mate, if you can ride in the wet etc just imagine how much fun you will have when the good weather appears again (if it ever does)

take it easy big man :lol: