PDA

View Full Version : MotoGP - Phillip Island

PeterM
21-10-04, 12:33 PM
I managed to get my backside trackside for the fantastic round at Phillip Island. Gorgeous weather and 2 championships decided, what a weekend.

If none of you have been to see the 4 strokes race - do it! What a rush.

MavUK
21-10-04, 12:36 PM
I kept on meaning to but my GPZ kept letting me down (as did the people I was supposed to go with) Now I have the SVS I want to do both the Assen TT and Assen Supoerbikes next year. Fingers crossed....

Was a great race wasn't it? Shame I only saw the BBC2 highlights.

Stu

M65
21-10-04, 12:48 PM
Watched it live on Eurosport and the last lap of the GP was superb. Cant beat being there though - the noise is like nothing else. Even the crappy weather we had at Donnington this year couldnt spoil the day (although the orgnisers try every year with the abysmal facilities :roll: )

vtour
21-10-04, 11:24 PM
Will definitely be going to the Laguna Seca Round next summer. Haven't seen a GP "live" in 10 years. If anyone from across the sea is planning on being in California then (July 8, 9, 10), give a shout. I'd be happy to be a tour guide.

vtour

M65
22-10-04, 07:30 AM
Cali, here we come then!! I wish :roll:

Al
22-10-04, 07:32 AM
motogp only at laguna seca (no two strokes), and it's been dropped from the wsbk calendar. shame :(

richstam
22-10-04, 11:40 AM
I'm off to Valencia next Friday with a few mates to watch the final round. Not seen the GP's live since donnington in 2002 so really looking forward to that (had hoped title would still be up for grabs).

Almost got a trip booked to... China next year to watch the 1st GP from Shanghai!!
Found a deal for 2 people in a new hotel (basic with room and breakfast only) 13 nights inc flight and all taxes for £578 each!!

Got to book it ASAP :D

Rich

wigan650s
22-10-04, 11:50 AM
Will definitely be going to the Laguna Seca Round next summer. Haven't seen a GP "live" in 10 years. If anyone from across the sea is planning on being in California then (July 8, 9, 10), give a shout. I'd be happy to be a tour guide.

vtour

i could quite possibly be up for that...off to check flights and hotels :D

vtour
22-10-04, 04:18 PM
motogp only at laguna seca (no two strokes), and it's been dropped from the wsbk calendar. shame :(

I agree, shame no 125's or 250's. What is likely to happen though, is the GP will be combined with the AMA round (the American championship) which always takes place at Laguna Seca on those dates. This will provide a full weekend of events.

WSB was at Laguna for a 10 year period which ended last year.

vtour

vtour
22-10-04, 04:23 PM
I'm off to Valencia next Friday with a few mates to watch the final round. Not seen the GP's live since donnington in 2002 so really looking forward to that (had hoped title would still be up for grabs).

Almost got a trip booked to... China next year to watch the 1st GP from Shanghai!!
Found a deal for 2 people in a new hotel (basic with room and breakfast only) 13 nights inc flight and all taxes for £578 each!!

Got to book it ASAP :D

Rich

Wow! That's an incredible price. Isn't that the track that held the F1 race recently?

vtour

vtour
22-10-04, 05:04 PM

vtour

i could quite possibly be up for that...off to check flights and hotels :D

Wigan, if you do look into this, here are some things to consider:
Racetrack is outside of Monterey. Monterey has an airport, but connecting to there would be very pricey. Easier & cheaper to fly into either San Francisco (110 miles away) or San Jose (70 miles away) and rent a car. Monterey is where the action is and will also be very expensive or possibly sold out by now. I reserved a room there as soon as I knew there would be a race...possibly before the hotels realized this. Hotel is the Sand Dollar Inn $145 per night (approx 80 English pounds I think). Less expensive options would be hotels in Salinas, Seaside , or even Santa Cruz. If all else fails, there is ample camping at the racetrack and it's actually not bad....hot showers, fairly good food, etc. Weather at that time of the year is nearly perfect during the day and possibly windy, & foggy at night. You can purchase race tickets at Laguna Seca's website. Official name of track is Mazda Raceway at Laguna Seca.

Hope this helps.

vtour

vtour
22-10-04, 11:36 PM
Just heard a rumor that Neil Hodgson will compete in AMA Superbike next year for Austin Ducati. He will be teamate of Eric Bostrom. Always good to have new talent.

vtour