PDA

View Full Version : extra value meal

Wiltshire7
25-10-04, 09:50 PM
Hi all

Im not reviewing a can here but i thought this is probably the best place to post this, feel free to move it:)

Im looking to get an end can for a naked k4 but i dont wanna spend big bucks. I know it sounds kinda cheap but i want a good sounding can for as little as possible. im not concerned with power increase at all and i dont mind if its legal.

So, what do u think? other than im clearly new to all this... lol.

there just seem so many and not much difference between em all. they all do corbon and titanium etc. im just looking for car drivers to notice me coming really and to let the twin sound out.

thanks for ur advice in advance.

rictus01
25-10-04, 11:20 PM
the basic alloy can is probably your best bet for a cheap can.

Viper
ART
CCC
Gforce

Are just some of the companies doing them.

but if you aren't that fussed about brand then you should get yourself to one of the big shows (NEC,BMF) or keep an eye on the mailorder companies web sites ( busters-accessories/the fastone/MandP) as they do deals at various times on different makes.

I'd go, cheap Viper alloy (£99) or loud ART alloy ( about £120).

But another way is to buy second hand, just about any race can on the SV makes a massive difference, and you can pickup a good carbon or titanium for the same money as a cheap alloy.

Cheers Mark.

Iansv
26-10-04, 10:46 AM
Busters did Art cans for £99 last winter, certainly worth keeping an eye to see if they repeat the offer

Wiltshire7
26-10-04, 12:12 PM
is alloy the metal the stock can is made from?

rictus01
26-10-04, 05:45 PM
is alloy the metal the stock can is made from?

no that's stainless steel and heavy

Cheers Mark.

Jdubya
11-11-04, 08:43 PM
Busters are having a sale on the Art cans at the moment...have a look!

Wolfracing
11-11-04, 10:11 PM
Try www.bladerunners.co.uk - not on their site but if you email them they'll do a Viper alloy for £89 all in

Wiltshire7
25-11-04, 07:06 PM
there web site isnt working atm:(

busters did the art cans, but only for the older sv's:(

Cloggsy
26-11-04, 09:34 AM
Ther are some 'Viper' cans on eBay ATM (see here (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=25623&item=7937124907&rd=1)) £67.95 'Buy it Now' (inc. free delivery)

But I think they're 'old style' bike only too :roll: Worth an e-mail though :?:

Iansv
26-11-04, 09:52 AM
Don't forget the other £15 for link pipe... oh and another £15 for the baffle...

Would rather have a nice art race pipe from busters for £75 all in

Cloggsy
26-11-04, 10:00 AM
Would rather have a nice art race pipe from busters for £75 all in

:evil: What have I told you about swearing in front of me :?:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Iansv
26-11-04, 10:13 AM
not bitter are ya cloggsy? If I get art stuff i'll get it from a reseller like I did when I got my can.... After hearing about their own service, no chance

Cloggsy
26-11-04, 10:15 AM
not bitter are ya cloggsy?

TBH I'm not - still didn't get a new gel-seat off 'em though :evil:

gixxilla
19-12-04, 02:51 AM
How much did you pay for the gel seat? I just got one for 70 pound.

Cloggsy
19-12-04, 02:54 PM
How much did you pay for the gel seat? I just got one for 70 pound.

My original seat cost me £95 (that was to have my stock seat sculpted & gel-pad inserted.) My OEM replacement cost me £70 (+£5 P&P) :wink:

ART were good enough to post me a stock 'lower' OEM seat as a replacement for the sculpted one they damaged :toss: