PDA

View Full Version : An Update - Sod all about biking! *sticks tongue out @ Mods*

Sincs
28-10-04, 09:40 AM
Have just been to the hospital to talk about my new limb, and have seen my new foot. Pure carbon fibre which is th ebest you can get before entering into the realms of pure sports limbs. Looks lovely, and costs a whopping £1200 (paid for by the NHS).

My new knee will be hydraulic and a lovely black and gold colour scheme - Hmmmmm. Anyone up for building a naked SV trike with a matching colour scheme? :twisted:

The socket which covers my stump, and to which the leg connects to can have a custom design on the outside, so I will be designing that soon, incorporating both the tribal dragon below, and also the Ripsnorter logo (a club event I am getting involved with). Not only that, the bloke who is building my leg is more than happy to put in LED's into the socket - OI OI!!
That'll **** off the 'Boy Racers'!
BR: "I got these wicked LEDs on me car right"
Sinc: "Thats nothing mate, I got 'em built em into me leg!" :twisted:

Right pic time:

Cant wait for my new leg now, having seen some of the components that will make up my leg, it brings it home further that I will be a bionic man! WoooHooo
http://www.bangingtunes.com/img/user/posts/sincs_foot.jpg
http://www.goodwillortho.com.au/images/Knee.gif
http://www.goodwillortho.com.au/images/Ultknee.gif

So when I next get me knee down, it wont be the slider making the sparks! :twisted:

In general I am coping better with the more time that passes, but the only thing that is causing me grief really now is a constant numbass, and not being able to get comfortable - Watching a film at the cinema is currently a chore rather than enjoyment. THis will fade when I start to walk, which will hopefully be before christmas.

As for my elbow, we have started hydrotherapy on this to help get more movement back in the joint, and should hopefully be able to go to a local swimming pool soon to help the movement and my fitness/stamina.

So all in all, things are now on the up.

jonboy
28-10-04, 09:46 AM
Looks cool gear, I take it it's Ohlins? :lol:

Stig
28-10-04, 09:49 AM
Hell that is one mean looking leg :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: Sincs IS Terminator (christ how many are we up to now :?: )

Really chuffed for you that things are getting back to some sort of normalness. :thumbsup: :wink:

Gforceuk
28-10-04, 10:00 AM
the sincinator....

nice kit... gald your on the mend... phsyically as well as the nogin..;)

simon-temple
28-10-04, 10:04 AM
Good to see my National Insurance is being spent on something useful :D :D

Think, now you have all the joys of setting up the rebound and compression ahead of you.

Great to hear your doing well, forget the trike and get a normal bike. You'll have more fun in the end.

Simon

Iansv
28-10-04, 10:12 AM
Cool Leg..... :shock:

Hope it all goes well

Grinch
28-10-04, 10:27 AM
Thats blinding mate.. nice to see the health service sorting you out. I thought the only way you'd get that sort of kit would be private.

fizzwheel
28-10-04, 10:35 AM
Cool Leg

Would you be able to ride a two wheeled bike with that, how come you are gettinga trike ?

Sincs
28-10-04, 10:39 AM
:lol: :lol:

Sincs
28-10-04, 10:41 AM
Would you be able to ride a two wheeled bike with that, how come you are gettinga trike ?

I would be able to ride a two wheeled bike with a few mods. TBH it is going to take a couple of years for me to get to the stage where I can seriously think about getting on a bike/trike again, and TBH I really dont know how I am going to feel getting back on a bike after such a bad injury combined with a long gap in times between rides.

I am not saying never, ubt we shall have to see how things go. At the moment, getting back on a bike quite simply scares the **** outta me!

Itching 2 go
28-10-04, 10:48 AM

.http://www.goodwillortho.com.au/images/Knee.giflook closely and you can see the compression and rebould adjusters

Stig
28-10-04, 10:49 AM
I am not saying never, ubt we shall have to see how things go. At the moment, getting back on a bike quite simply scares the **** outta me!

I so understand where your coming from there. You have all the time in the world to make up your mind, and as you said, don't even have to think about it for a couple of years :wink: :)

Scoobs
28-10-04, 10:59 AM
$6million Sinc.

Hell of a way to secure a nice bit of kit though! :wink:

Ed
28-10-04, 11:40 AM
I never realised that it would be as high tech as that. £1200 seems cheap for all that engineering.

chutz
28-10-04, 12:19 PM
use it for a while and then get Dr Rictus to help set it up dude. Nice leg, shame about the face :wink:

Sincs
28-10-04, 12:26 PM
I never realised that it would be as high tech as that. £1200 seems cheap for all that engineering.

£1200 is just for the foot!
The knee is another £5000 :shock:

kevbuck
29-10-04, 07:56 PM
Hi
Get in touch with the National Association of Disabled Bikers. www.nabd.co.uk these guys will get you back on a bike in no time. They have designed adaptations for all sort of disabillities. Most of the adaptations are provided free through a grant scheme. Both my legs are fecked (from birth) and I have ridden for 27 years. I found out about the NABD last year joined (£20.00) applied for a grant a received a Kliktronic gear shifter plus a cheque to pay a local dealer to fit it. my riding has never been so good, I think so anyway ( I used to take my foot off and kick the lever down and hook my foot under the lever and lift my leg to change gear) I still need to lift my left leg on to the foot peg but now I have a push button system for the gears) if its your right leg get a thumb brake for the rear brake if its your left get a kliktronic. There is one lady member that lost both legs and rides a Hornet she has these staberlizers that come down as she slows down. The NABD also give grants towards the building of trikes.

Anonymous
29-10-04, 08:36 PM
well dun for being so positive sincs your new leg is looking good how you going to improve the other :lol:

Cloggsy
29-10-04, 09:15 PM
well dun for being so positive sincs your new leg is looking good how you going to improve the other :lol:

Which one :?: The middle one :lol: :lol: :lol:

Anonymous
29-10-04, 10:35 PM
wasnt what i meant honest :oops:

amarko5
30-10-04, 03:43 PM
just watched a documentary on men and motors about disabled bikers.

lots of ingenious mods. :thumbsup:

chazzyb
30-10-04, 04:54 PM
Think, now you have all the joys of setting up the rebound and compression ahead of you.

Yes, yes, but he'll have to get the static sag sorted first. :roll:

kevbuck
30-10-04, 05:02 PM
If you missed men & motors you can get a copy on VHS or DVD for a fiver www.nabd.co.uk check out the forum for all the adaptations,

Sincs
31-10-04, 06:31 PM
just watched a documentary on men and motors about disabled bikers.

lots of ingenious mods. :thumbsup:
Yeah was a good watch actually. My best mate phoned me up to say that it was on - superb mate :thumbsup:

Has given me a few thoughts, but still hasnt done much for my confidence for getting back on a bike though. A witness statement says I was only travelling at about 35mph, which does it even less. If it wasa high speeder it would be fine cos I could tell myself, just slow down, just slow down. I hope people know what I mean/getting at.

There is NO CHANCE I am getting a side car, Trike or Solo, thats it! :twisted:

Jabba
31-10-04, 06:47 PM
There is one lady member that lost both legs and rides a Hornet she has these staberlizers that come down as she slows down.

Had to be a Hornet, didn't it? :roll: I foresee some jokes at my expense :lol:

Fair enough, but please don't tell my kids that they stabilisers for my 'bike otherwise they'll be writing to Santa (on their behalf, before you say anything) :wink:

will
24-03-06, 05:24 PM
anyone heard from/seen this guy?

would be good to know if he's ok. he's been through a lot

Anonymous
24-03-06, 05:45 PM
anyone heard from/seen this guy?

would be good to know if he's ok. he's been through a lot

No, but I will try and get in touch and let you know.

Ceri JC
24-03-06, 05:53 PM

£1200 is just for the foot!
The knee is another £5000 :shock:

Ah, Marzocchi then? :wink: :D

Sincs, that looks awesome. Hope you get it all sorted soon and are back on your feet (no pun intended) in no time.

Filipe M.
24-03-06, 05:57 PM
Hey Ceri, the original posts are from October 2004. ;)

jonboy
24-03-06, 06:18 PM
Yes I'd like to know how he's getting on too.

Ceri JC
24-03-06, 06:23 PM
Hey Ceri, the original posts are from October 2004. ;)

Whoops! Hope you're okay Sincs.

Stig
24-03-06, 07:16 PM
He's still alive and well you'll be glad to hear. I speak with Sincs once in a blue moon on MSN.

Next time he's online I shall let him know that you were asking after him. :thumbsup:

Anonymous
24-03-06, 08:00 PM
He's still alive and well you'll be glad to hear. I speak with Sincs once in a blue moon on MSN.

Next time he's online I shall let him know that you were asking after him. :thumbsup:

Good man :thumbsup:

busasean
25-03-06, 05:35 AM
use it for a while and then get Dr Rictus to help set it up dude. Nice leg, shame about the face :wink:

pmsl :D

however i really dont think i could be as upbeat as you. top man!! 8)

Professor
25-03-06, 10:05 AM
Great to hear from you, Sincs! :thumbsup:

When you say that you were travelling only at about 35 you probably
have to add the speed of the oncoming car (if I remember correctly
your original description of the accident).