PDA

View Full Version : more sodding parking tickets

Nick
10-11-04, 06:07 PM
yes.....it's the phantom parking ticket flinger........

just got in from work to find a late payment parking ticket on the doormat.........feck....!!

and guess where.......... frith st, 8th november....anyone remeber?.....and if they think there going to get a penny out of me they can go take a flying ****........this makes me so angry......

now i know that were not supposed to park where we all park and if a warden asked me to move on i would (after kicking him in the ********) but to sneak around and write tickets and not issue them is crap......

stern letter to wankminster council on it's way.........

AAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGGHRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Nick
10-11-04, 06:31 PM
just found this........!!

If the Local Authority does not reply within 56 days of receiving your initial appeal, they must cancel the Penalty Charge Notice and refund any charges you have paid i.e. clamping or tow-away.

A Local Authority cannot clamp or remove your vehicle if:

You return to it before the clamp padlock is closed.

You return to it before it is completely off the ground.

Enforcing London 's road signs has historically been the responsibility of the Police. From 21 st June 2004 this changed, with Transport for London (TfL) taking responsibility for all of London 's major roads. In addition, six London boroughs, Camden , Croydon, Ealing, Hammersmith & Fulham, Newham and Wandsworth, began enforcement on their own roads. Some boroughs will use Parking Attendants (superwardens) and their word alone on “conduct observed”, will be seen as sufficient evidence to issue a Fixed Penalty Notice (FPN).

Some Local Authorities have a “good grace” period of 5 minutes. This applies to the London Borough of Kensington & Chelsea but not the London Borough of Westminster, which is now “unofficially” 2 minutes.
Parking Attendants must be wearing their uniform, which includes their hat. If you witness them issuing your ticket and they are not wearing their uniform or hats, then the ticket issued is invalid.
If the Parking Attendant has not placed the ticket on your vehicle, or handed it to you, then the ticket has not been properly served and is therefore invalid.

Jelster
10-11-04, 07:58 PM
If the Parking Attendant has not placed the ticket on your vehicle, or handed it to you, then the ticket has not been properly served and is therefore invalid.

That's a handy thing to know....

jonboy
10-11-04, 09:28 PM
It's strange but I think I remember this. I remember turning around and seeing a warden standing by the bikes directly outside Nero's (I was in the road in front of the bikes chatting to all and sundry) and he hurriedly put something like a notebook inside his pocket when he saw me looking and walked off. I thought perhaps he was going to issue a ticket but changed his mind and I then I thought nothing more of it.

What do you reckon?

DeeJay
10-11-04, 09:36 PM
It's strange but I think I remember this. I remember turning around and seeing a warden standing by the bikes directly outside Nero's (I was in the road in front of the bikes chatting to all and sundry) and he hurriedly put something like a notebook inside his pocket when he saw me looking and walked off. I thought perhaps he was going to issue a ticket but changed his mind and I then I thought nothing more of it.

What do you reckon?

:winner:

Guess i will be covering my plate up this Friday!!

Rob S (Yella)
10-11-04, 09:51 PM
Are they allowed to write the numbers in a little book then go around the corner and issue a ticket out of site. Surley if the owners are near the vehicles he should hand them the tickets or put them on the vehicle. You are such a hard looking bunch (not) he was probably scared to hand them out like a man. He should be peeled and sent to live in a salt mine.

Question is what did he do with the tickets.

1. Put them in the bin.

2. Take them home and use them a loo paper.

3. Stick them half way up his back passage, pretend he's a ticket printing machine and get all excited and take them to bed with him.

jonboy
10-11-04, 10:30 PM
3. Stick them half way up his back passag

Well if he didn't, I feel we would certainly have tried. :twisted:

Nick
10-11-04, 10:56 PM
so.....anyone fancy being a wittness to the fact that i was with or near my bike all the times and at no point was there a ticket put on my bike nor given to me by traffic warden......? thats the only stament i will need but also addresses.........of anyone that will wittness for me......if you dont fancy it, dont know me or heavens forbid...... dont like me.. :shock: ..steady jonboy....!!!!...no problem...i understand... :wink:

jonboy
10-11-04, 11:00 PM
Yup, count me in!

Nick
10-11-04, 11:04 PM
so.....anyone fancy being a wittness to the fact that i was with or near my bike all the times and at no point was there a ticket put on my bike nor given to me by traffic warden......? thats the only stament i will need but also addresses.........of anyone that will wittness for me......if you dont fancy it, dont know me or heavens forbid...... dont like me.. :shock: ..steady jonboy....!!!!...no problem...i understand... :wink:

just PM with addresses...........your too kind

so.....how do i send a letter about a parking tick without usingthe words ****, barsteward, and c u next tuesday.....?

SteveH
10-11-04, 11:08 PM
The 8th was Monday :shock: :shock: are we talking about the last time we were all down there(4 pot) as it looks like you were the only one and if I remeber you were right on the corner nearly having your bike knocked over by some prat

P.s and why is it that all the guys who get these tickets this way 3 or 4 now I think it's always the late payment you find out you have a ticket ??? where do all the first ones go???

Nick
10-11-04, 11:12 PM
monday......? when was the last time you went to soho on a monday.....?? :D :D :D :D :D you nutter.....8th of november

SteveH
10-11-04, 11:55 PM
Ah typing it twice makes it right does it :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: so I will do it slowly for you t h e.......8..t h......o f.....N o v e m b e r was a monday you mean the 8th of october. Having that new can put on must have gone to your head

Nick
07-12-04, 07:32 AM
update

got a letter this mornig...quote

thank you for your enquiry about the above PNC
the charge has been put on hold while we invstigate your comments, however please do not ignore any letters or notices regarding this or any other parking ticket. we will contact you if we need any further information to help us reach a decision.
once our investigations are complete we will write to you explaining our decision. if we are not cancelling the ticket , our reply will explian the options open to you
..............................................!!!! !!!

it took them three weeks to reply...

so it looks like it's going to be a bun fight.....what a bunch of tossers.... :x

howardr
07-12-04, 02:32 PM
I can confirm (and I will stand in a court of law and testify as such) that you were with me all night in a brothel in Basildon drinking Tia Maria and partaking of the local amenities until the early hours of Saturday morning.

We were then both collected by our privately-owned helicopters and whisked away to an all-night party in aid of Elton John's Ivor Novello award.

If they're in any doubt, they can simply ask Kylie who, as I recall, spent most of the night dancing with us both until we all ended up in a wild drunken foursome with Suzy Perry!

:D

Jelster
07-12-04, 03:34 PM
I can confirm (and I will stand in a court of law and testify as such) that you were with me all night in a brothel in Basildon drinking Tia Maria and partaking of the local amenities until the early hours of Saturday morning.

We were then both collected by our privately-owned helicopters and whisked away to an all-night party in aid of Elton John's Ivor Novello award.

If they're in any doubt, they can simply ask Kylie who, as I recall, spent most of the night dancing with us both until we all ended up in a wild drunken foursome with Suzy Perry!

:D

About as much chance of that as there was of them actually issuing the tickets :roll:

howardr
07-12-04, 04:16 PM
You're only jealous Steve :lol:

Nick
07-12-04, 11:33 PM
tia maria........errgghhhh...... i only drink leaf-raul-milch mate....none....of that common crap

anyway, what have i told you about spreding the kylie / basildon story...! my reputation is in shreads now.....!!!

PS.... can i have the loan of your driver on friday night..... i'm meeting up with jordan in some night club.......she thinks i'm taking her out for the night.....but i'm just going to give her a good slap and tell her her tits are to big....!!!!!!

Swiss
10-12-04, 09:36 AM
I got one of these on the same evening!

svsk2
10-12-04, 10:13 AM
I got one of these on the same evening!

Stop showing off! :wink:

Nick
31-12-04, 10:02 PM
see new post

http://forums.sv650.org/viewtopic.php?t=16491

edcase
11-01-05, 02:45 AM
whats the score with parking in soho westend etc, cant you park up next too buidings anymore? ive seen bikes parked up against buildings with their number plates removed.

edcase
11-01-05, 02:47 AM
whats the score with parking in soho westend etc, cant you park up next too buidings anymore? ive seen bikes parked up against buildings with their number plates removed.

Flamin_Squirrel
11-01-05, 07:40 AM

We park on frith street, on double yellows. We cover up out plates to stop the traffic wardens. Don't need to stop the police, because they dont care 8)

edcase
11-01-05, 07:20 PM
parking in general in the west end though, as i guess alot of the soho massive work up town, do you just stick to the bike bays?

Valman
11-01-05, 09:27 PM

For London the rules are different and you would be very lucky not to get a ticket for parking anywhere other than a motorcycle bay.

If you fancy a read then see this: http://www.parkingticket.co.uk/sh.html

This site is well worth a browse for anyone who comes down to London every so often.

Warren
12-01-05, 08:02 PM
w****rs , good luck. nice avatar too :)

Rob S (Yella)
12-01-05, 08:20 PM
I got another one yesterday.

Even though I had my Disabled badge the warden decided to use the City of Westminsters discretion which allows him to issue me with a ticket anyway. :x

Think I'll give up working up town and live on a small rock in the ocean.

edcase
14-01-05, 08:16 AM
Do you guys remember when you used to be able to park up against the side of buildings in the westend? i worked up their 7 years ago and used to park up my thundercat where i could see it from my desk. those were the days..

Ken is a Kunt i hate him.

im gonna make a velcro numberplate so i can just take it of when i park up

edcase
14-01-05, 08:17 AM
maybe not central london but what about in suburbs etc? i oftern see pikes parked out side shops in my area of souf london?

edcase
14-01-05, 08:21 AM
I just read that link and still dont understand! quite vague. safest thing is to have a quick relase numberplate and tax disk then.

Warren
14-01-05, 09:45 PM
i do round here - just park up against the shop. no one has said anything yet, or if the roads double yellowed - and the pavements big enough ,i park on the pavement.

Stig
15-01-05, 01:13 AM
I did that and still got an £80 parking fine. Not always the best solution.

edcase
15-01-05, 02:20 AM
that in romford? i live in sydenham saaf london and you can get away with parking against shops round here, think its mostly inner london westend city etc