PDA

View Full Version : Friday 12/11/04

DeeJay
10-11-04, 09:39 PM
So, who will be attending this Friday to see the frist showing of all my new lowers and extras???

Oh, and drink some coffee maybe??

rictus01
10-11-04, 09:41 PM
Yup.

AlanSv
10-11-04, 10:17 PM
Well I was there last week but no-one turned up :/

think I'll pop around for a quick hello

jonboy
10-11-04, 10:31 PM
I might just be able to get out for the evening, will have to see how it goes.

SteveH
10-11-04, 11:12 PM
Being part of the 4 pot I see it's going to **** down friday so I don't think I will be there :shock: :shock: :D

Jelster
11-11-04, 01:03 PM
Not this Friday guys, I'm on domestic duties.....

lynw
11-11-04, 01:33 PM
hi... im new to the sv forum. work in islington so im going to be around.. would like to come down and meet some more sv owners...

found the link to where but from what time do you meet up?

lyn

jonboy
11-11-04, 02:03 PM
Normally between 7.30 and 8.30, best get there at 8pm just in case, particularly this week as the NEC is on.

Look forward to saying hello (if I'm there) they're all a pretty good bunch.

Note: Cover up your number plate when you get there as we've had a few recent problems with nazi traffic wardens though the police, as always, have been fine.

lynw
11-11-04, 02:24 PM
thought the parking meters only ran til like 7ish? parked outside walkabout in covent garden about 6 weeks ago and warden told me to put half hour in meter and then i was ok...

maybe it was a nice warden... or maybe its because im a girly... might explain how i got off the blue flashing lights last night lol

Raf
11-11-04, 02:33 PM
I am planning on making my way down tomorrow, should be there my usual time.

thought the parking meters only ran til like 7ish? parked outside walkabout in covent garden about 6 weeks ago and warden told me to put half hour in meter and then i was ok...

maybe it was a nice warden... or maybe its because im a girly... might explain how i got off the blue flashing lights last night lol

:-s Jesus, it's you and bikerchick flapping your eyes lashes and getting off scott free...

If the rest of us start doing that down at soho we will be getting more than we bargained for. :shock:

lynw
11-11-04, 02:41 PM
i think its because id slowed down to 80ish and they were after a white car that was well over a ton... theyd been chasing him for a bit they said....

it just happened that he realised they were after him as they were behind me so as i pulled over so did he and so did they... interesting moment :lol:

but i must have got a mellow parking warden though by the sound of it... :shock:

SteveH
11-11-04, 03:41 PM
Ah but we park in frith street next to Nero's, no bays there but we don't care, just do as jonboy said and cover your plate :D :D :wink:

lynw
11-11-04, 03:43 PM
yeah but I have top box on my commuting run during the week so you may want me to park elsewhere :lol: :lol: :wink:

Sarj
11-11-04, 03:54 PM
Possibly...

Raf
11-11-04, 04:23 PM
yeah but I have top box on my commuting run during the week so you may want me to park elsewhere :lol: :lol: :wink:

:lol: I am sure jonboy will enlighten you in the errors of your ways...

lynw
11-11-04, 04:30 PM
dont get me started!!!

until i get the cbr6 the sv's my commuter as well as my play thing so its gotta keep my stuff dry...

when i get the cbr that will get the top box and the sv will go back to looking as it should!!!

i dont care how something looks, if it does what i want it to do then thats good enough for me and at the end of the day.. thats what really matters :lol:

... now... where do i get some muffs for my very cold hands?!!! :wink: :lol: :lol:

Raf
11-11-04, 04:48 PM
:lol: Topbox on a Cbr6... :lol: Can you make that a cbr6rr, I'd love to see that! :lol:

Well spoken, if it does what you want and you like it, then its all goood.

lynw
11-11-04, 04:58 PM
sorry i get a bit feisty on things at times... but... practical has to take priority over image for me... always...
:D

Raf
11-11-04, 05:00 PM
sorry i get a bit feisty on things at times... but... practical has to take priority over image for me... always...
:D

I am so going to enjoy seeing you and jonboy discussing your topbox. :wink: :lol:

See you tomorrow.

lynw
11-11-04, 05:06 PM
should be fun... :lol:
gotta run and go be the loudest (and naffest with the top box) thing in the blackwall tunnel :D

out of interest what do you guys use to cover your plates? never had to do this before...

though i could pack the bike cover in the top box and bring it with me which would add an interesting aside to the discussion of how USEFUL a top box is :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

jonboy
11-11-04, 05:34 PM
out of interest what do you guys use to cover your plates? never had to do this before...

Usually your jacket.

...which would add an interesting aside to the discussion of how USEFUL a top box is :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

You try and argue all you want but the simple fact remains that aesthetics are far more important than practicality. Top boxes should simply be illegal - full stop. Thay are EVIL! :lol:

Itching 2 go
11-11-04, 06:11 PM
i'll be there possibly with another possibly not

lynw
12-11-04, 09:14 AM
my wicked sense of humour kicked in last night... was contemplating a zx6 with a top box rather than the cbr6rr.... :twisted:

I agree that aesthetics are important but not on a commuting bike... when my sv's not my commuting bike then it will be changed... certainly planning the belly pans and a paint job on it amongst other things...

until then with several thousand miles in the torrential rain under my belt and the prospect of loads more... having a dry set of clothes to change into and sit in all day is way way more important... :lol:

I can see an interesting evening ahead... :lol: :lol: :lol:

howardr
12-11-04, 11:21 AM
Singin' :D

Raf
12-11-04, 11:21 AM
my wicked sense of humour kicked in last night... was contemplating a zx6 with a top box rather than the cbr6rr.... :twisted:

:twisted: Which shape zx6? The new 05 shape? The current 04 shape? The older shape that looked like it was sticking its tongue out at people? Or the even older 'classic' shape? :twisted:

Either way I say we get Sid Squid's ZX6 and have a little experement with it! :twisted: :lol: :lol: Either that or a black naked very clean SV :roll: :wink: :lol:

lynw
12-11-04, 11:38 AM
doesnt matter cos im not getting one!... i got my sv for my fun bike... nothing else will put the grin on my face like that does :D :D :D :D

mmmm top box on a busa?? what you reckon?? with muffs on the handlebars?? :wink: :twisted: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ok I hate the top box on the sv... it does look crap theres no argument there its just... I hate the sitting in damp soggy clothes all day feeling and me and bungees are practically on divorce terms so strapping bag which isnt waterproof on the back vs top box = top box every time.... :)

jonboy
12-11-04, 12:03 PM
Okay 95% I'll be there but not till 8.30ish.

Mr Toad
12-11-04, 03:45 PM
Lyn - I hope you've got a big waterproof in that top box :D

Then we can all cover underneath it trying to avoid the rain . . . and the traffic wardens :twisted:

lynw
12-11-04, 03:56 PM
no couldnt fit the it in the top box.. by the time i got my bag, papers, clothes and battery charger wasnt room... :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:

jonboy
12-11-04, 04:46 PM
no couldnt fit the it in the top box.. by the time i got all my handbags, makeup, rollers, hairdryer, hair straightener, boxes of tissues, nail files, six pairs of strappy heels, papers, clothes and battery charger wasnt room... :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wot, no kitchen sink? :lol:

lynw
12-11-04, 04:59 PM
oh ho ho ho... sorry just reread your post...

can see your a man who like to live dangerously :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mr Toad
12-11-04, 05:17 PM
Greg's only jealous :lol:
If he had a top box it would be full of cleaning cloths, Autosol, WD40, Pledge . . . and a kitchen sink :P

lynw
12-11-04, 05:21 PM
but would that be an aesthetically pleasing kitchen sink?? :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mr Toad
12-11-04, 05:36 PM
It would certainly be the CLEANEST kitchen sink you'd ever see in your life :lol:

jonboy
12-11-04, 05:37 PM
:lol:

lynw
12-11-04, 05:41 PM
looking forward to meeting you guys... going to be an interesting evening I think :lol:

Topcat
12-11-04, 05:51 PM
looking forward to meeting you guys... going to be an interesting evening I think :lol:

That's one way of putting it.......... :shock: :D

No doubt Nick will be chatting to those lovely friendly Westminster parking attendents :lol: :lol:

Bikerchick
12-11-04, 07:22 PM
...will not make tonight as previously thought. Am *cough, sneeze* taking to my bed early *sneeze again* with a sore throat and snotty nose... Have fun folks :( Bikerchick

Mr Toad
14-11-04, 10:30 PM
You missed a good evening :lol:

Mr Squid & Lyn's topboxes :shock:

Bigape's Muffs :shock: :shock:

DeeJay's Balls :shock: :shock: :shock: (cunningly designed as bar ends)

can't wait for next week :lol:

lynw
15-11-04, 09:28 AM
well at least the MV Augusta parked next to me and my top box even if you guys wouldnt :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

still was nice to meet you guys... it was a fun evening... :lol:

DeeJay
16-11-04, 11:50 AM
I think the MV parked next to the top box to try and hide the fact that he was an old Itallian... he thought that every one would be looking at the top box, and would not notice him!! :wink:

And due to the amount of people who seem to think that they are ideed funnier than Lee Evans... i have been forced to save myself yet more ridicule and remove my balls!!! :cry: :wink:

People can be sooooooo nasty... you know it is bad when someone with a topbox takes the p**s out of you... :wink: :cry: :wink:

lynw
16-11-04, 12:03 PM
well I didnt... much... really... I wouldnt in view of my aesthetically naff bike!!! :wink: :lol: :lol:

one day.... the top box will be gone... the bike will be full faired... there will be a paint job... there will be changes to it... then you can all take the mick over the paint job I choose..... :wink: :lol:

DeeJay
16-11-04, 01:12 PM
ok... it's a deal!! :D :wink:

lynw
16-11-04, 01:18 PM
like its negotiable eh?!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I have a sneaky suspicion that no matter what I now do to the bike, no matter how good I make it... you guys will always find something to take the mick out of me for and if not... will make references to the time I had the top box on it :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:

DeeJay
16-11-04, 01:22 PM
if your bike looks cool... then we will not take the P...

but... We will ALWAYS remember the top box!! :wink:

lynw
16-11-04, 01:27 PM
yes but people have different ideas of what looks cool dont they?? :wink: :lol:

I so need a camera phone... you wouldnt believe the top box on a bike in the garage here... it looks like the guys modified a kennel... it really is just a wooden box :shock:

and theres a yellow sv parked in torrens st with a topbox on that wasnt on there last week... clearly Im a style guru :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Moriarty
16-11-04, 05:31 PM
Lyn,

Your topbox was fine. A little uncool perhaps, but you knew that anyway.

However...

Deejay - what were you thinking with the shiny round knobs on the end of your handlebars? The unfortunate thing here is that unlike Lyn you added them for a desired aesthetic effect. This is very sad. Might I suggest that you rush straight out now and change them? The faring was good but then knobs are, well, an idea on a par with the M4 bus lane.

And why don't you all go out and get a proper exhaust like mine then eh?

jonboy
16-11-04, 05:50 PM

Yes, we dream of standard cans... :lol:

Bikerchick
16-11-04, 10:26 PM
Singin' :D
Thought you might like to know I was wrestling a black Speed Triple around London town today, that thing is evil in traffic!You seem to be a Trumpet fan. I'm just versatile 8) Bikerchick

DeeJay
17-11-04, 08:46 AM
Lyn,

Your topbox was fine. A little uncool perhaps, but you knew that anyway.

However...

Deejay - what were you thinking with the shiny round knobs on the end of your handlebars? The unfortunate thing here is that unlike Lyn you added them for a desired aesthetic effect. This is very sad. Might I suggest that you rush straight out now and change them? The faring was good but then knobs are, well, an idea on a par with the M4 bus lane.

OUCH!!!! :lol:

Now, Matt, if you look at my earlier post, you'll notice that i have already said that i have changed them over to standard looking ones in silver.... 8) and also given the laugh that we have down in the village, you'll know (as does lynw) that i am having a laugh.... :)

and for the record... yes, my balls well damn ugly!! :wink:

lynw
17-11-04, 09:37 AM
What do you mean its uncool??? I think it looks great... :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Oneiros
18-11-04, 01:34 AM
the knobs are, well, an idea on a par with the M4 bus lane.

The M4 bus lane is a great idea you get to ride all the way into london in a clear lane and laugh at the cars on your left doing no more than 20 mph!

Stig
18-11-04, 06:10 AM
the knobs are, well, an idea on a par with the M4 bus lane.

The M4 bus lane is a great idea you get to ride all the way into london in a clear lane and laugh at the cars on your left doing no more than 20 mph!

Yes have to agree on that. If that bus lane wasn't there my commute would be consideralby longer than the two hours that it already takes :wink: :wink: