PDA

View Full Version : City of Westminster council strike again....

DeeJay
22-11-04, 04:00 PM
Well i seem to be the Latest 'mug'... i got a penalty notice through today for not paying a parking ticket issued on 15/10/04 at 23:00 on Frith St. I would not mind but i never got the original notice funnily enough..... Can someone advise me on what i need to do... thanks....

And can we all jump the wardens this Friday!!! :twisted:

Dave

Sarj
22-11-04, 04:06 PM
cover your number plate! ;-)

Seriously, I sent a letter off saying that the ticket has been incorrectly issued - ie no ticket put on my bike or given to me. Legally they have to meet one of those requirements.

And then wait...

I got a letter back saying my letter had been received and that they were investigating.

S

DeeJay
22-11-04, 04:17 PM
i do cover my plate now... but this was before the whole cover your plate thing.... have just been on the phone to them to make an enquiry... and they have to take your tax disc number... and mine was not on my bike then... was in my pocket.... so, no issed notice, about 9 witnesses and no tax disc number.... i think they may have to look at this again....

SteveH
22-11-04, 04:38 PM
I was saying this to nick when he got his :evil: :evil: so far I don't know any of you who have got a ticket this way to have received the first letter. It's seemed whoever is doing this is going past the bikes and making a note of the number and then making up the ticket later without issuing u it, if they have not got you tax disc number I hope this makes it void and the others can get out of it too

Oneiros
22-11-04, 07:48 PM
Your not alone DeeJay. I got one for the 15/10/04 at 23:12. Also not attched to the bike or handed to me at the time.

Going to fill the form in saying that I was never issued the tick and hope they cancel it.

The Road Trafic Act 1991 (as amended) Sets out eight grounds only on which you may make representations.

4. The parking attendant was not prevented from serving the Penalty Charge Notice.
Tick this box if you have been advised that the parking attendant was prevented from serving the Penalty Charge Notice. and provide details in box 2 overleaf.

Stig
22-11-04, 08:06 PM
I'm beginning to wonder if they are doing this via cctv????

DeeJay
22-11-04, 08:16 PM
I haven't seen cctv there.. will have a look on friday... even then, surely they should have to issue a ticket.. and not just a failure to pay notice.... :roll:

DeeJay
23-11-04, 08:38 AM
Could some people who were the the night i 'received' my parking ticket (15/10/04) be willing to act as witness to the fat that i was never given a parking ticket.... some of the poeple who were there are listed below... or there is a thread further down the page with the people who said they were turning up...

BigApe (I am sure we had left to go home by 23.00 had we not)
Rictus01
Sid Squid
SV Sexy virgin (was the night you followed Ape and I home)
Rukus
SteveH (I think you were there)
Mr Toad

Thanks people, i just don't want to write that i have witnesses to the fact that i was not given a ticket, if i can't provide any.

Oneiros
23-11-04, 10:15 AM
Thats not a bad idea. If any of you guys don't mind I'd apreciate a witness or two as well.

Mr Toad
23-11-04, 08:04 PM
Yep I'll witness it.
especially seeing as I got stuffed by these b******s last year :twisted:

Topcat
23-11-04, 09:14 PM
Yep I'll witness it.
especially seeing as I got stuffed by these b******s last year :twisted:

A dish best served cold by any chance ? :lol:

DeeJay
23-11-04, 09:34 PM
Did you challenge it Mr Toad??

Mr Toad
24-11-04, 10:16 AM
Did you challenge it Mr Toad??

Yep
First thing I knew was when I got the red letter informing me that as I hadn't paid the parking fine (what parking fine :?: ), it was now £100. Ticked the boxes to appeal, wrote a covering letter, got a demand for £150 a few days later, & threats to send in the bailifs, etc.
Went into Westminster Town hall (on Victoria Street) and got some woman to take down the details which were entered onto their computer system. A few days later got 2 letters, one of which said 'appeal disallowed', the other said 'we're still waiting for your appeal' :cry:
Went back into the town hall, etc, etc. got more letters threatening bailinfs, etc.
Eventually I gave in and paid the 'reduced' rate which they discounted down to £50 - partly as a result of Mrs Toad reading the letter that I had written and having her say that on the basis of what I'd said, she would have disallowed the appeal (she is a civil servant, so knows a bit about these things - this prompted a "well why didn't you write it then" arguement :D ), and partly because I was fed up with the hassle and wanted to get them off my back. I also didn't realise that they're supposed to take details from your tax disc, or I'd have carried on until the bitter end.

As an aside to this, myself & Mr Squirrel were the recipients of some traffic wardens wrath one Saturday morning outside Nero's, just after 9:00
The street was completeley empty, except for a traffic warden coming up the street, so we dropped our jackets over the number plates, and got given a torrent of abuse, of which the most important points were -
"I am empowered to remove those jackets"
"You're on CCTV"

So we buggered off pdq :cry:

Boomer
24-11-04, 02:00 PM
I thought if you covered your number plate the traffic warden is not 'empowered' to remove anything. They are not supposed to touch your vehicle. Tell me if I'm wrong.

lynw
24-11-04, 02:57 PM
if a warden touches my jacket on my bike Im reporting him for theft... or attempted theft.... thatd make the evening interesting.... :twisted: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Stig
24-11-04, 06:34 PM
As far as I am aware, the do not have the powers to interfere with anything, however they do work closely with the police (at least the london ones do) and they actually have offices in most police stations. They also can radio the police at any time, and ask for an officer to attend a vehicle that is not displaying a vehicle registration plate. So at the end of the day, you will be in worse trouble for covering up your plate. This said, I think with the fact that police in all sorts of vehicles park on Frith Street for a coffee break, it would be unwise for a traffic warden to call police assistance. On that principle I will still be covering my plate when parked outside Nero's on a Friday night.

DeeJay
24-11-04, 10:04 PM
so will i... gonna make a covering plate... ' If you can read this... F**k off and 'issue' someone else a ticket!!! '

think i will get away with it?? :lol: :wink:

SteveH
25-11-04, 01:39 AM
I think we should all still carry on covering up our plates till told otherwise by a traffic warden :lol: :lol: for two reasons
1) stops the ****s from taking a note of the plate and issuing a ticket later
2)Have we ever so far been told to move on by a warden :wink:

Jelster
25-11-04, 09:39 AM
Maybe I should take the video camera and get footage of the rozzers taking a break...

lynw
25-11-04, 09:46 AM
good idea... you could perch it on my top box to steady the shot... :wink: :lol:

see... can tell JB have another use for it.... it carries my stuff, keeps things dry, acts as a table for standing coffees/food on it outside neros, and can be a video camera stand... :lol: :lol: :lol:

oh but you'll have to mind the xmas decorations when Ive put them on :wink: :lol: