PDA

View Full Version : Help with Xmas bash....

Jelster
03-12-04, 10:51 AM
I have had the "New World" in Gerrard St put forward as as a recommendation. Reading the reviews it looks pretty good with a a charge of about £25 per head, which is about what we normally pay.

I have called them and asked if I can book a party of 22, for 8:30 on the evening of the 17th, which they are happy to do but:

They asked for a £50 deposit, which was fine with me but they don't take cards over the phone, someone has to go in and do it.

I'm more than happy to cover off the £50.00 but I can't get there as I have to go out this evening. Is anybody prepared to take care of this tonight, and I'll get the dosh to you in the week, either in person or by electronic transfer...

Mr Toad
03-12-04, 12:52 PM
I can do it if you want. Have you booked/reserved it under any name yet ?

Jelster
03-12-04, 02:47 PM
You're a star Mr Toad.....

I can do it if you want. Have you booked/reserved it under any name yet ?

I just gave my name as "Steve" - well I didn't think they'd know how to spell "Jelster" :lol:

Rob S (Yella)
03-12-04, 03:51 PM
If it's not to late I can go in on Monday and sort it.

jonboy
03-12-04, 03:55 PM
Is that £25 with drinks (wine/beer) Steve? Not wishing to be a damp squid I suspect you'll find that a fair amount of folks might drop out if it's going to cost them (typically) £35 each including drinks. I'll be there though.

Stig
03-12-04, 04:09 PM
I too will also be there. Not to worried about the paying for drinks though as I will be heading back to Newbury afterwards.

Saying that though, if drinks are included then I may be persuaded to actually stay and get sozzled (Doesn't take much :oops: ). I will then be looking for a place to crash for the night. Any takers :?: :wink: :wink:

DeeJay
03-12-04, 04:25 PM
I am replying to Apes request (even though he is stood right next to me) as he requires the offer in writing.....

Stay at mine £50!! :lol: :wink:

Mr Toad
03-12-04, 05:04 PM
OK
I'll confirm the booking in a mo - I think "Mr Toad" will do nicely :lol:

As some of you know, my workplace is just around the corner at Cambridge Circus. If there is any interest I might be able to get access to the garage that night, so bikes could be safely parked in there . . .

I will probably be sleeping under my desk - quite comfy in a sleeping bag

Shall I bribe the security guard :lol: - £5 a head should get us garage parking, space for a sleeping bag, & use of the shower in the morning

Any takers :?:

Jelster
03-12-04, 06:42 PM
Is that £25 with drinks (wine/beer) Steve? Not wishing to be a damp squid I suspect you'll find that a fair amount of folks might drop out if it's going to cost them (typically) £35 each including drinks. I'll be there though.

The 2 reviews I read said "typically £25 per head" - I would guess that's not inc drinks... However, last time we did a Chinese we went for a set meal and it worked out not too expensive if I remember correctly, Xmas before last I think.

Other than Nando's (or a fast food place) I can't think of anywhere in Soho where you'll get change from £25 per head for a "meal".

Mr Toad
04-12-04, 06:42 PM
The booking is confirmed in the name of "Steve"

Jelster
04-12-04, 10:10 PM
Chears "Toadster".... Will catch up with you over the weekend.

Stig
04-12-04, 10:35 PM

famous last words :D :D

Mr Toad
05-12-04, 08:18 PM

No need to boast - I Know I'm not that fast . . . :lol: