PDA

View Full Version : Does Gosport Count

Horizontal
05-12-04, 12:31 PM
Recently moved to Gosport, whats SV scene like in that neck of woods? I have located a good place to hold weekly meets, it be the Clarence Tavern, a micro brewery with top ale (not that any will be consumed 'cos people will be riding) and bike friendly landlady & lord.

Professor
05-12-04, 08:16 PM
Welcome to South & West Surfers, Horizontal!

I can, I guess, come for a meet at Gosport some day (it is not too
difficult from where I live). But there are a number of SV'ers who live
much closer, in the general Southampton/Portsmouth area. I expect you
will establish contact with them soon enough.

Grinch
05-12-04, 09:53 PM
Hello there and welcome to the area.. I know of 3 other people with SV's in the Gosport area... plus there are more of us in Portsmouth and surrounding areas.
Most of the time we meet up at Portsdown hill. Which is on Portsdown Hill Rd between Fort Widley and Fort Purbrook. Mick's Monster Burger wagon is parked up, so plenty of tea's and hot grub available.
Also there is meet at Portsmouth Trade Sales on Thursday evenings.
It's at Flathouse Quay, just before the Continental Ferry port. Go to the bottom of the M275 into Portsmouth, go all the way round the roundabout as if to go back up the M275 but get in the left hand lane. About a 100 yards on the left is a junction that takes you in to the Flathouse Quay (theres Eberhardt neon sign shop on the corner).
Go down to the end, turn left at the end of the road, and Trade Sales is approx 200 yards on the left just before the Superstores and stuff. Should see a big sign and it a big plot of land with a of load of cars on it.

If you have any other questions then just give me a PM.

fraser01
05-12-04, 10:47 PM
Welcome to the forum and to the area,

I now live in the Gosport area as does Simmo...will have to get together on a thursday night with the Grinch, Scoobs and one or two others.

contact Grinch and we can organise something...

regards

Fraser :D

Scoobs
16-12-04, 11:23 AM
Horizontal! Do you know SidSquid?

Banjo
21-12-04, 04:20 PM
Hi folks, new guy on the boards here, Blue K3 residing in sunny Gosport as well, I spend most of my time on the Suzuki Owners Club DB's so will have to do a bit of time sharing now.

Hope to meet up with some of you soon, all being well I will be at Wickam on Boxing Day.