PDA

View Full Version : More parking tickets

empty
06-12-04, 11:58 PM
The usual really..... :evil:
Allegedly I was parked in Greek St (?) on the 29th October and received a ticket at 22:45. Except I was in frith st and would probably have noticed someone sticking one to my bike, as I was stood next to it at the time.

I think Greek St is the next one over. Anyone willing to be a witness that I wasn't there?

Anyone else who's been thorugh this joke of a system - what's the beef with Tax disc numbers etc?

Gotta love Westminster parking services - stupid AND incompetent.

empty
20-01-05, 06:55 PM
Hi to all,

Had a letter claiming that the points I made (parked in another street, ticket not issued, no uniformed traffic warden) were not grounds for representation :!: and as such I have to send a copy of the tax disc and V5 in.

What have other people done in this situation? If I send the tax disc in, will they then just claim that that was the number they wrote down? And I can't think of a reason that they'd need the V5 unless they wrote the frame number down (which I somehow doubt)

I guess I have to send them in, as otherwise the representation will be rejected. It probably will be anyway but I am highly suspicious of this request.

Any thoughts?

Empty

Spiderman
20-01-05, 08:44 PM
Dont send em anything.

The representations you need to make are "the contravention did not occur" and i think they now have the other as " the attendant was not allowed to place the ticket" or somesuch.

If you are comming tomorrow bring the letters etc.

I just had a similar one with camden. Westminster like to try and style it out even though your representations are valid.

hth :)

jonboy
20-01-05, 09:00 PM
Yes I would agree, don't send them anything. Those of us in attendance on the day will happily give you a witness letter. As long as you're prepared to fight it all the way you'll win as they don't have a legal foot to stand on.

Stig
20-01-05, 09:04 PM
Agreed, don't send them anything. In fact, get THEM to send you the copy of the parking ticket. I can almost guarantee that your tax disk number is no where in sight. There have been plenty of cases of us Soho lot getting tickets and or notice of no payment of a ticket issued. Hence the covering of number plates that now entails every Friday night visit to afore mentioned popular meeting place. :wink:

Baldyman
20-01-05, 10:10 PM
Venturing up to Soho tomorrow with Carsick, do I need to bring a black bag and some tape for me number plate or is that not cool enough for you city slickers :-)

Spiderman
20-01-05, 10:28 PM
Venturing up to Soho tomorrow with Carsick, do I need to bring a black bag and some tape for me number plate or is that not cool enough for you city slickers :-)

Anything, its not a fashion thing... its a fascist thing :) :lol:

Sid Squid
21-01-05, 10:18 AM

Black bag? I think mine's a W.H. Smith bag, bit more upmarket you see, for the literati amongst us. :lol: *

*You know who you are.

Spiderman
22-01-05, 01:40 PM
Empty..... Dunno if you made it to Soho last night, didnt get to meet you if you did, but i actually brought my last letter from Camden with me for you to see what their response should be to you using the representations that i mentioned above.

Never mind eh... PM me if you need to :)

empty
01-03-05, 10:47 PM
Received the letter today :D Here it is in all it's glory.

Location of Issue : GREEK STREET, W1 (G1) yeah right

Thank you for the representation you made on receipt of a Notice to Owner about the above Penalty Charge Notice (PCN) and for sending in the additional requested evidence.

The PCN was issued at 22:45 because the vehicle was seen parked in a street when parking restrictions were in force except that it wasn't in that street. Yellow lines at the edge of the road mean that there are parking restrictions which apply to the entire road.

The issuing attendant who was a mobile uniniformed attendant does confirm that the penalty charge notice was affixed to the motorcycle oh really.... and does not record the presence of a driver which is somewhat strange as I was next to or near it the whole night

After careful consideration of the points that you raised i.e. we looked at the forged tax disc number and the one you sent in which didn't match your representation has been accepted. The PCN and NtO have been cancelled.

Yours Sincerely,

A. Wood, Case Officer on behalf of Parking Services

The bits in italics are mine, obviously.

I may still try a formal complaint.

Best of luck with any other cases still out there....

Spiderman
01-03-05, 11:40 PM
You gotta love the way they gracefuly admit its all bolox dont ya?
Result anyway. :thumbsup:

jonboy
02-03-05, 10:07 AM
Good news. ;)

svsk2
02-03-05, 12:29 PM
This whole phantom parking ticket thing is a disgrace! I can't believe that in this day and age they're getting away with it. Someone should take it to the papers or Watchdog.

Stig
02-03-05, 06:11 PM
Ah well that's where catch 22 comes into play. We are actually NOT allowed to park where we do. I agree that it's bang out of order what they are doing, however, if we were not parked where we shouldn't be there would be no phantom tickets issued in the first place.

Spiderman
02-03-05, 07:36 PM
Ape's got a good point there.
As low life as that behaviour is on the part of the wardens we all get a big squeeze from the cops around there.
They could have us all for not displaying plates properly if they wanted to be annoying or at the very least tell us to move on.
Afetr all, wether we agree with it or not, they are double yellows that we park on every week.

I've been to more than my fair sahre of Parking Appeals for tickets and clamps and there have been so many times i've wanted to take the issue to the press or watchdog.
They just dont care tbh. Its not "juicy" enough for them unless you have pictures of meancing looking wardens asleep in their cars on doible yellow lines (Anyone remember that nonsense?)

jonboy
02-03-05, 07:59 PM
I think the point here is very plain: if the tickets had been issued in accordance with the correct procedure and lawfully, then no-one would be complaining too much.

They weren't.

Stig
02-03-05, 08:10 PM
Totally agree with you there Greg, but I still think that we are stuck between a rock and a hard place. Anyway, lessons have been learnt on both sides. We now cover our plates and we are not hassled about it. The wardens have tried to issue illegal tickets and have not been getting away with it. So we continue to park there and wait and see if we ever get moved on. As far as I can recall, we have only ever been moved on once, and all that involved was a quick trip round the block and park up again. And that was before we covered up our plates.

Spiderman
02-03-05, 08:27 PM
Fair point Greg.

But if you were a warden would you dare to stand amongst a big group of bikers and start issuing tickets?

We take the p, they take the p back. At the moment i think we are winning. The more tickets they issue falsely the easier it will be to appeal them.

Maybe we should petition Westminster Council to mark it out as a Bike Park that is in operation from Friday 7pm - 3am Sat.
That way we dont have to break their silly laws and they can stop wasting their own time and money chasing illegaly issued tickets.

But i'm all in favour of playing my cards close to my chest when it comes to this sort of thing. If we give ourselves away and bring it to the forefront of their attention we could be in a worse situation than we are at the moment.

Couerdelion
03-03-05, 04:11 PM
Don't know if this website is of any use to you all?

www.appealnow.com

Spiderman
03-03-05, 08:19 PM
Don't know if this website is of any use to you all?

www.appealnow.com

Thanks for the link.

The only issue i have with these peeps is that they want money to provide a standard letter that i could knock up in a few minutes. Its great for people who dont trust advice unless they are paying for it, and from my experience thats a lot of people ;)